Wii U Discussion - Page 12

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Wii U Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wii U Discussion

The Wii U Pro Controller looks a bit too generic to be from Nintendo. Takes me back to the GameCube controller...
    Then I saw this.
    CLAMIMED: Loves to eat!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fudgenuggets View Post
    The Wii U Pro Controller looks a bit too generic to be from Nintendo. Takes me back to the GameCube controller...
    Then I saw this.
    Some 360 fans are stupid and like to forget that their controller's button configuration were lifted right off the Game Cube's (and the ABXY from the SNES)--and the analog sticks pioneered from the N64.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fudgenuggets View Post
    Then I saw this.
    Some 360 fans are stupid and like to forget that their controller's button configuration were lifted right off the Game Cube's (and the ABXY from the SNES)--and the analog sticks pioneered from the N64.
    lolno

If anything, the Xbox controller was based off the Dreamcast's controller (Triggers, layout, mem card slots in the controller)
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

The button configurations look similar enough to me. It's the SHAPE of the controller that's a little different.

Also, after seeing the most recent Nintendo Direct, I think there needs to be a new Zelda Four Sword game for Wii U! I mean, remember how with Four Swords Adventures, we could connect GBAs to the Gamecube so we could play a multiplayer? Well, a Zelda Four Sword game on the Wii U would have the same concept, only the screen on the Wii U's controller would allow it to function like the GBAs did. This would negate the need to use the 3DS like a controller instead. What's more, they could even make this game in 3D instead of using GBA style graphics.

I'm really hoping Nintendo makes a Zelda Four Sword game for the Wii U now! :D

Blog Entries

I'd actually have to side with @Gligar13 since overall, it does look more like the Dream Cast controller.

Either way, just like how analogue sticks and trigger buttons have basically become a standard in controller design, I don't know what the big deal is that once the best "shape" was made, that all new controllers would follow in that direction.

Yeah, I dont think I'm buying that. I think Wii was pretty much a let down
    White FC: 1507 2158 1709

Your resident cynic. Wishmaker Jirachi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

In a change of pace from the controller stuff: Apparently, Satoru Iwata thinks the Wii U is "important to the world". It's an interesting thing to have heard this being stated...or has someone posted about it already?

All I want to ask is this: What is your reaction to it?

Personally, I think this might be a bit of a downhill for Nintendo in terms of appealing to the gamer base (which makes sense due to how they took their approach to appeal to all the rest with the Wii), but if they can pull it off they might just get the other side to join them (i.e. those casuals and all).
    I'm the resident cynic of two forums.
    Pokémon Claim: White Kyurem
    Move Claim: Ice Burn
    Item Claim: DNA Splicers (All related!)

Blog Entries

Nintendo has quite a few challenges for the Wii U.
    Firstly they are going to have to convince people that buying a home games console is a good idea even if there are pocket sized games all over the place nowadays.
    Granted, console games offer a more complete and deeper experience but Mobile Apps are just so dirt cheap!!
    Then there's OUYA, the new Android Powered home games console which combines the long established concept of the home console and the cheap downloadable app idea.

Nintendo also have a few strengths.
    Third party support has increased a lot from the Wii.
    Long established and loved games make a return.
    There are high chances of Nintendo including a way to download games like WiiWare and Virtual Console.
    +There is always the basement dwelling gamer guy who hacks stuff and takes out random processors.

Personally I'm all in favour of traditional games console because I know how much fun they are. The good old days of PS1.....

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryujin View Post
    Firstly they are going to have to convince people that buying a home games console is a good idea even if there are pocket sized games all over the place nowadays.
    Granted, console games offer a more complete and deeper experience but Mobile Apps are just so dirt cheap!!
    Then there's OUYA, the new Android Powered home games console which combines the long established concept of the home console and the cheap downloadable app idea.
    But Apps tend to have inferior quality and only serve a purpose for killing time. Plus most genres work poorly when limited to only touch screen controls. But regardless of that statement, people still think the Wii U will end the company for good, hence all the grim the statements of Nintendo's downfall from their recent controversial games (New Super Mario Bros. 2, Pokemon BW2, etc).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryujin View Post
    But Apps tend to have inferior quality and only serve a purpose for killing time. Plus most genres work poorly when limited to only touch screen controls. But regardless of that statement, people still think the Wii U will end the company for good, hence all the grim the statements of Nintendo's downfall from their recent controversial games (New Super Mario Bros. 2, Pokemon BW2, etc).
    Good point but nowadays even gamers have turned to mobile gaming. Plus apps are generally more accessible so people who haven't touched a Dualshock can play them.
    I also disagree with the people that don't think much of Wii U because they don't look beyond the screen.

Who am I? Joshawott's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Joshawott On Twitter
    Follow Joshawott on Tumblr Visit Joshawott's Youtube Channel

EA has said that FIFA 13 looks best on the Wii U and Ubisoft has said the Wii U Assassin's Creed III looks the best. So yeah, there's definitely a fair bit of third party support here.

I personally think people who claim tablet gaming is bringing the end to console games...shouldn't be talking about the video game industry; it's as simple as that. If you buy a tablet device like an iPad purely for games, that's like buying a HD TV for the radio channels in all honesty. Tablets are a "Jack of all trades, master of none" deal whereas with consoles, you can get the full experience from games, because the systems are made for them (especially in Nintendo's case). Do I want to buy a £400 device to play £1 games like Angry Birds that are only fun for about 5 minutes at a time, or do I want to buy a £150-250 console and buy £30-40 games like The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword or Pokémon Black and White, which has a play time of over 600 hours? The answer is obvious.

I have an iPad but I only really use it for the internet, digital comics and video streaming (like Crunchyroll or the BBC/ITV iPlaers; but even then it can be glitchy at times).

Wii U vs 3DS XL is going to cause some really tough choices.

Blog Entries

World Exclusive: Wii U Final Specs - VGleaks

Specs just got leaked.

It's going to have a Tri Core PPC, 1gb of ram (which will go to the controller), a DirectX 10 GPU (No typo), and of course 8gb flash storage, No HDDs or anything.

Amazing specs....for 2005.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post

Specs just got leaked.

It's going to have a Tri Core PPC, 1gb of ram (which will go to the controller), a DirectX 10 GPU (No typo), and of course 8gb flash storage, No HDDs or anything.

Specs are of no importance to Nintendo; it's really the experience they're bringing to their console. Besides, video game graphics may not reach beyond its Xbox specs even with Unreal Engine 4.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post

Specs just got leaked.

Specs are of no importance to Nintendo; it's really the experience they're bringing to their console. Besides, video game graphics may not reach beyond its Xbox specs even with Unreal Engine 4.
    http://www.gameguru.in/features/2007/23/xbox-vs-wii-a-comparative-analysis/

Not only did the xbox 1 push better graphics (Doom 3, Halo 2, HL2, Far Cry, etc.), but many Wii games were half assed wagglefests. Sure, there were Wii games that managed to look like late Xbox 1/PS2 games, but there was also tons of crap released, like the CoD ports.

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast