Wii U Discussion
Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wii U Discussion

antidope Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Wii U Discussion

Here, you can discuss the upcoming Nintendo console and the successor to the Wii. This first post will be amended with pics and info as it comes.
    And I don’t care if I lose
    Because my heroes did too
    They shouted court should be adjourned
    Because the jury are fools
    And the judge can’t decipher his left from his right
    Or his right from his wrong

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wii U Discussion

It seems interesting in theory, but they need killer apps before I'm really sold on it. Supposedly, they have Zelda and SSB, and perhaps more, but we need more than that.
    Step into the Fairy circle

Blog Entries

I'm just wondering if it'll have Gamecube compatibility as well, because if it does I'm trading the Wii in for this :3
    Currently looking for help with a web project. If interested in more details, please feel free to PM me!

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

I'm the Blaze Master now! InfernoFlames's Avatar
    On a boat to Castelia City harbor for the bacon
    Blog Entries

If an awesome non-spin off pokemon game comes up in the next couple of years, i'm getting this console for sure.

3DS FC: 2492-4691-1324
    I
    URPG Trainer Stats

Something for nothing Cyber Jet's Avatar
    Blog Entries

All I can say to this is WOW!

I think that this is going to be a very good system from what Iv heard about it so far and also the games for it so far look pretty good and I love the idea behind the controller for the Wii U.

Blog Entries

Not sold.

Nintendo's presentation was confusing and info was scarce. The alleged 3rd party support is a good sign, though.
    Baseball is wrong. Man with four balls can not walk. - Chinese Proverb

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

to be honest save a few, most of the 3rd parties showing their WiiU support were the same people last year supporting 3ds.

I do like the system a lot though. It has a lot of conviences and features.. i can picture card games especially doing amazing stuff (maybe a spiritual sequel to baten kaitos?..) among other ideas. An extended reality HD pokesnap would also rock along with stadium again.

some things i don't like about it though...

I don't like the split controller interfaces. Motion gaming is still largely untapped, and an advanced console only expands the potential even more, hower not being able to integrate easily with the new controller features is distracting. Maybe we will see a second controller, a new remote.. but i still have a problem with supporting two different control styles alienating gamers and designers on which or all to support like what happened with the Wii (In other words uninspired or tacked on support, or all around lack of support or inovation due to playing it safe, or if the console doesn't come with any remote, a potential for little to no support at all).

I also worry about SD cards, they are kind of old tech, especially outside of portables. Will there be enough flash memory or support for external accessories to have full featured modern capabilites like running games off memory or large downloadables? Or will they do a new solution like some kind of cloud storage or local network streaming from devices like a pc. I also wonder what it can really do graphically, or was that tech demo it? (don't get me wrong, foreground stuff was really impressive, but the backgrounds and draw distance weren't)
    Last edited by bell02+; 8th June 2011 at 12:59 AM. Reason: Sorry, I was posting on the 3DS and it ran kinda long...

BackwardsMan, huh? NoodleChefKyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AiedailEclipsed View Post
    I'm just wondering if it'll have Gamecube compatibility as well, because if it does I'm trading the Wii in for this :3
    I'm praying to high heaven it does. I have quite a few Gamecube games I'm not willing to let go of.

Maddie Blaustein, 1960-2008
    You will be missed.

Blog Entries

Yeah, same here. That could be a make-it-or-break-it factor for me.
    Currently looking for help with a web project. If interested in more details, please feel free to PM me!

"Be careful what you wish for, because you just might get it."
    -- Narrator, Pokemon: Jirachi Wish Maker
    "You can't change the world without getting your hands dirty."
    -- Lelouch Lamperouge, Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion
    "Do I have a stamp on my forehead that says, 'The National Spokesperson for the Plight of Black People'? How the hell should I know the black perspective on The Color Purple? That's it, if I don't change classes, I'm gonna hurt this fool. Teachers treat me like I'm some kind of Rosetta stone for African-Americans. What? Black people learn how to read, and we all miraculously come to the same conclusion?"
    -- Victoria, Freedom Writers
    "N's heart is pure and innocent. But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
    -- Concordia, Pokémon Black/White 2

Not a Power Ranger Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

I still ery happy with my old PS2 and never felt the need to get a new home console with a library to support it and neither Nintendo's offering nor Sony's interests me. So I won't be getting this.

Blog Entries

GameCube games are quite old. I honestly don't see the console supporting GameCube games, as much as I would like it to. Either way, it doesn't make too much of a difference to me. I haven't sold my GameCube, and I very much doubt I'd be able to sell it nowadays for a good price. So whether I let go of my Wii or not, I still have my GameCube for its games.

Honestly, the Wii U's controller doesn't really impress either. I don't see myself picking up the console until a considerable amount of great games for it are released. Smash alone isn't much of a reason to dish out money for a new console; and I'm pretty sure this is going to be considerably more expensive at launch than the Wii was when it was first released.

Having a quick look at the E3 event (my sound card has gone so I cant comment on the infomation) I can say that it is really just an upgrade to the Wii when you really think about it. They could have come up with a better name than the 'Wii U' imo.

and I'm pretty sure this is going to be considerably more expensive at launch than the Wii was when it was first released.
    I think thats garunteed.

It looks promising,however and I think if they do everytthing right then it will be a fairly good console

Blog Entries

It really does seem like the Wii U is what the Wii should've been, only with an additional gimmick. Then again, we don't know much about the console so far.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pancake Mix View Post
    GameCube games are quite old. I honestly don't see the console supporting GameCube games, as much as I would like it to. Either way, it doesn't make too much of a difference to me. I haven't sold my GameCube, and I very much doubt I'd be able to sell it nowadays for a good price. So whether I let go of my Wii or not, I still have my GameCube for its games.

Honestly, the Wii U's controller doesn't really impress either. I don't see myself picking up the console until a considerable amount of great games for it are released. Smash alone isn't much of a reason to dish out money for a new console; and I'm pretty sure this is going to be considerably more expensive at launch than the Wii was when it was first released.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingmate View Post
    Having a quick look at the E3 event (my sound card has gone so I cant comment on the infomation) I can say that it is really just an upgrade to the Wii when you really think about it. They could have come up with a better name than the 'Wii U' imo.

I think thats garunteed.

It looks promising,however and I think if they do everytthing right then it will be a fairly good console
    Yeah, it may have potential, but, that relies on the games released, and the inclusion of certain features(such as a virtual console)

Blog Entries

The Wii U looks pretty advanced. My only problem with it is the screen on the controller. Sure, it's pretty unique and helpful, but when playing a game that involves both screens must be hard. Sure the DS does the same but the screens are right on top of each other while this one is at your hands and up at the screen constantly.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast