Wii: 16:9? Yeah, right.

Thread: Wii: 16:9? Yeah, right.

I won't bite... much. SharKing's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow SharKing On Twitter
    Visit SharKing's Youtube Channel

Default Wii: 16:9? Yeah, right.

I'm having a strange little problem with my Wii, and I need help. But first, a little background.

For my birthday (August 25th), I got a Magnavox 32" 720p LED HDTV. It's already proven to be the best TV I've ever had, and it's a big reason why I haven't been very active on BMGf and the Internet in general for the last few days, XD.

Now, the problem. I've connected my Wii to the TV through component cables because I obviously wanted to play it with my understatedly massive TV upgrade. However, for some strange reason, it only wants to display in 4:3 resolution, meaning black bars on the side. I've even went to the Wii Settings and set the TV Resolution to "EDTV or HDTV (480p)" and the Widescreen Settings to 16:9, and it still shows 4:3; in fact, it looks squished in between the aforementioned black bars.

Is there any explanation or solution for what could be going on here?

EDIT: I think I found it, XD. I just had to set my TV to 16:9 when I had my Wii turned on. I'll just close this (because anyone can close their own threads; I don't have mod powers in Tech Help) and leave it as a reference point for others with similar problems.
    Last edited by SharKing; 29th August 2012 at 12:43 AM.
    This post brought to you by
    SharKing Productions

If you want to battle me, trade with me, or use my Friend Safari in X/Y, my FC is 1220 7381 3516.

I'm not just on BMGf. Check me out on:
    YouTube | Twitter | Smogon Forums | Marriland Forums