Wi-fi issues

Thread: Wi-fi issues

Prediction isn't fiction! mc2094's Avatar

Exclamation Wi-fi issues

So I have a wifi set up and it works fine for my laptop, ps3, etc. but when I try to connect it with my ds it says that the ds doesn't support the hardware or something along those lines. Currently, I have to "borrow" my neighbor's wifi but is there anyway to adjust the setting in order to make it work? I have a netgear wgr614 model. Any help is appreciated.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Wi-fi issues

I've gotten that message before. You need to know the security type, which I believe you can do by clicking on the Internet symbol thingy (sorry I don't use Windows often). I believe on Vista and/or 7 you can just hover over it. Now, if you're using a DSi, it will work with WEP, WPA, and WPA2. If you have an older model or are trying to use games with it, you need WEP. And I'm not sure how to adjust the settings.

Prediction isn't fiction! mc2094's Avatar

Hm, I think I get what you're saying. I'm pretty sure I know how to change the security settings so I'll give it a shot. thanks

Pokemon Coordinator Dawn~Berlitz's Avatar

the DS lite and older DS only spport wep even thought he DSI does support WPA not all games will support it so you will need to lower to WEP
    <---Done by Katsu Koneko its cute siggeh
    If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature!