What's a good drawing tablet?

Thread: What's a good drawing tablet?

Default What's a good drawing tablet?

I want a drawing tablet for Christmas, but I don't really know much of anything about them. What's a good brand/model? I hear that the Wacom Bamboo (that's what it's called, right?) is alright, but isn't that one of the cheaper ones? I'd like a fairly decent one, but not too expensive.

Any suggestions?

Default Re: What's a good drawing tablet?

I use a Wacom Intuos 4, Medium sized, and it has served me well over these past few years. I believe I actually got it as a christmas present too xD.
    Before that, I used a Wacom Bamboo Fun, and that was alright. It's a good tablet to learn on, but really, there's no point getting a beginners tablet. You learn how to use it easily enough.

Anyways, I'd recommend something from the Intuos group, but it really depends on your price range. I got mine from a student discount site for about $300 (AUD), but it didn't come with bundled software or extra nibs.

Generally Wacom makes the best tablets, so perhaps check out their site and see what you think you might like.
    The main difference between models is going to be the size of the effective area and how many levels of pressure the tablet can differentiate between.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

Mod note: @Valley;
    Thread moved to Tech Help as it requests advice on technology.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Thanks, Kaori. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by ExMedic View Post
    I use a Wacom Intuos 4, Medium sized, and it has served me well over these past few years. I believe I actually got it as a christmas present too xD.
    Before that, I used a Wacom Bamboo Fun, and that was alright. It's a good tablet to learn on, but really, there's no point getting a beginners tablet. You learn how to use it easily enough.

Anyways, I'd recommend something from the Intuos group, but it really depends on your price range. I got mine from a student discount site for about $300 (AUD), but it didn't come with bundled software or extra nibs.

Generally Wacom makes the best tablets, so perhaps check out their site and see what you think you might like.
    The main difference between models is going to be the size of the effective area and how many levels of pressure the tablet can differentiate between.
    Oof, $300. My dad said my limit was $200.

It has always seemed to me that the difference between tablets has never been all that important. So long as it's responsive, right? Of course, I don't know a lot about tablets, so I could be completely wrong.

Looking at Wacom's site... I guess tablets are generally pricier than I thought. I wonder why they don't have the Fun on their site, too... It seems to be the only Bamboo with multi-touch.