What is Your Favorite Video Game Moment? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is Your Favorite Video Game Moment?

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow MonsterMMORPG On Twitter Add MonsterMMORPG on Facebook Add MonsterMMORPG on Google+
    Add MonsterMMORPG on Linkedin Visit MonsterMMORPG's Youtube Channel

Default Re: What is Your Favorite Video Game Moment?

Quote Originally Posted by Meenah View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMMORPG View Post
    Dota 2
    What moment from Dota 2 exactly? o.o
    playing with my brother and my old school friends while mic is open :)

Having a Smash Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

~Every time Atsuro hacks something in SMT Devil Survivor. I swear, he's too awesome.

~Marcia's lines in the Fire Emblem Tellius Saga. Especially when she describes her brother as "sponge-brained." Poor Makalov. XD

~Chapter 2 of Kid Icarus Uprising, especially when Magnus joins.

~In Zelda Four Swords Adventures where the maidens seal away the final boss.
    Last edited by Berrenta; 15th May 2014 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Typo gone unnoticed.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Gardevoir fanboy BadAssGardevoir's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Off the top of my head... The Ninetails battle from Okami.

The cutscene before and the final phase of the Yami battle, also from Okami.

The Avatar's final words in Fire Emblem: Awakening.

When you find out who "Marth" is, also from FE: Awakening.

The part of Zelda: Twilight Princess after the third dungeon when you have to take an ingured Midna to Zelda.

The endings of the main story modes in all three Pokemon Mystery Dungeon games.
    Last edited by BadAssGardevoir; 31st May 2014 at 12:48 PM.
    Bulbagarden Battle leauge Fire Elite Four member and Fairy Gym Leader

Claims:Zorua, Naght daze, Stance change, Yami (Okami,) Shantae and the songs Don't Ever Forget (aka. I Don't Want To Say Goodbye)-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky and Rising Sun (aka. The Sun Rises)-Okami.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow Arc Blader on Tumblr

The ending to Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War hit me pretty hard. Mostly just because my attachment to the characters had gotten so strong, particularly Ulster (given that I'd made Jamke his father and that he'd spent most of the second generation playing the black sheep twin to Larcei). The line in the Verdane epilogue about the forest and lake representing Sigurd and Deirdre certainly didn't help.

I also have sort of a weird relationship to the ending of Metal Gear Solid 3 - still can't tell if I was genuinely emotional or just disoriented from lack of sleep. I'm going to assume the former.

Forever and ever with you Twisted Roselia's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Follow Twisted Roselia on Tumblr Visit Twisted Roselia's Youtube Channel

There's one part of Trauma Team that comes to mind (big spoilers):

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The ending of Link's Awakening. It has a bittersweet and melancholic feeling that I get from it. That moment of letting go of everything in order to move on in a certain point of life. It's something I would be struggling to do. I get so attached quickly. I'm not good in goodbyes =(
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

追放されたバカ
    Post Thanks / Like

Traveling to Super Mario Galaxy 2's Throwback Galaxy was my favorite moment. Going through a re-creation of Super Mario 64's Whomp's Fortress brought back great childhood memories....of getting squashed by a Whomp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Just off the top of my head...

Okami- Divine Interventions. They are very pretty and one of the reasons I like the game so much.

Pokemon XD: Catching Shadow Lugia

Mass Effect 2: Anytime I use the Cain.

Mass Effect 3: Traynor's toothbrush. That is all.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Beware the blind and the sight-impaired

Post Thanks / Like

I have lots but ones I remember now

Any heated shootout/rampage in the GTA games, mission or not the more cops/gangsters and explosions the better. Special mention goes to Keep Your Friends Close from GTA Vice City, Just Business in GTA San Andreas, Three Leaf Clover in GTA 4 and Paleto Score in GTA 5

Zack's last stand in Crisis Core Final Fantasy

Sabin suplexing a train in Final Fantasy 6

Auron's speech to Yuna in Final Fantasy 10 before fighting Yunalesca

Shooting my way out of a forest full of bears on foot and killing lots of people with dead eye in Red Dead Redemption

The Execution Site Battle in Final Fantasy Tactics. My favorite battle in the game because it's one of the hardest. Not only is there a strong boss character, you are heavily outnumbered, surrounded and you have to kill everyone not just the boss like other similar battles.

Beating Dante Must Die mode in Devil May Cry 3

Beating Colress in pokemon BW2 without using items, overlevelling, shift switch, losing a single pokemon and getting paralyzed.

The last level in Serious Sam 3. You get to kill nearly 2000 enemies in this level with them literally coming at you by the dozens.

Raziel vs Kain in Legacy of Kain Defiance
    3DS Name: Kyle
    Pokemon X Friend Code: 4828-5602-4809
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Flying type: Pidgey, Woobat, Tropius

Post Thanks / Like

At the end of Zelda: Skyward Sword.

The Zant battle in Twilight Princess because it's 1: carzy and 2: reminesent of most major boss fights in the game.

At the end of Twilight Princess.

The first time you enter the Twilight, simply because it was such a shock the first time I played it, also from TP.

The Fyrus, whatever-the-serpent-thing-in-the-Lakebed-Temple-is-called's second phase, Stallord, Blizzedra (or whatever it's called) and whatever-that-f***ing-dragon-in-the-City-in-the-Sky-is-called battles from TP, though particularly the Fyrus and Blizzedra fights because of the reletive sizes of the rooms and the bosses (well, only the first phase of Blizzedra is large compared the room, but still) instilling a sence of panic (especially in Fyrus's case with that music and the fact that when he takes a step the ground shakes so you hear a constant "boom-boom-boom-boom" whenever he moves.)

Clearing the Cave of Ordeals in TP.

When you hear the "puzzle solved" chime in any Zelda game.

The Dark Link fights in any Zelda game (except for Zelda 2.)

The Bongo Bongo (I think that's what it's called,) Phantom Ganon, Ganondorf and Ganon battles in Ocarina of Time

In Chrono Trigger.

In Chrono Trigger.

The Charge Battles in Super Pokemon Rumble.

The suport conversations involving Morgan and Nah (when the Avatar married Nowi) In Fire Emblem Awakening.

In FE: Awakening

In FE: Awakening

In FE: Awakening.

The 0 battle in Kirby 64.

Whenever you get a flame sword in Kirby games.

Whenever you get a new Techneque in Okami.

When you FINALLY get the Water Tablet in Okami.

Whenever you slice an enemey in half with the Power Slash in Okami.

Whenever you defeat a group of enemies without moving you're character at all (i. e. using Cherry Bomb, Fire Rod Fireburst, Ice Rod Bzizzard, etc.) in Okami.
    Last edited by BadAssGardevoir; 25th May 2014 at 06:56 AM.

Claims:Zorua, Naght daze, Stance change, Yami (Okami,) Shantae and the songs Don't Ever Forget (aka. I Don't Want To Say Goodbye)-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky and Rising Sun (aka. The Sun Rises)-Okami.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Follow kyogre545 on Tumblr Visit kyogre545's Youtube Channel

I'd have more to say, but what I'm currently thinking about is when I got past Seto Kaiba in Yu-Gi-Oh! Forbidden Memories. He was hard at first, because he always pulls out a Blue Eyes the very first turn! This game is crazy hard in the first place;you have to "grind" to get more powerful cards (Meteor Black Dragon is your savior in this game..)
    3DS Friend Code: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Edward Elric, Gin, Inuyasha, Makoto Tachibana, Vash the Stampede, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days
    Join my clubs! They are:ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!
    Nintendo Network: Chibster
    Friend Safari: Metang Klefki Ferroseed

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

There are too many of those, but I might as well mention one from a game I played "recently": Bastion. Under a spoiler tag because it spoils part of the ending.

And then there's also Guacameele!, which has become one of my favourite games thanks to all the silly humour it offers, and some neat Easter eggs. Here's one (non-spoilerrific) example

Of course, its ending also had to be heart shattering, or bittersweet, at best. Boo-hoo.

backloggery ~ 3DS FC: 2595-2044-6030 ~ tumblr

Post Thanks / Like

The fivith Special Episode of PMD Explorers of Sky always get to me because it's such a contrast from most of the game and the other Special Episodes, you get to explore the relationship between Grovyle and Dusknoir and is quite phylisophical, my favourite parts of that Episode being (major spoilers)

The story mode's ending is just as sad and just as good (MAJOR SPOILERS)

Run through any Wall Flaze's Avatar Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Add Flaze on Facebook
    Follow Flaze on Tumblr Visit Flaze's Youtube Channel

I was never able to get too far into Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, but for as far as I got I have to say that my favorite moment was the infiltration mission when Link had to rescue his sister. That whole point in the game was really awesome for me and is what made Windwaker my favorite Zelda game even though I never got to go past the first half of it.

It probably goes up against the last battle in BW, I loved that moment simply cause of how different it was to every other Pokemon game, plus it was a nice twist that it happened during the Elite 4 Challenge.

Having a Smash Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So I'm playing Etrian Odyssey 4. There were awesome moments:

-Against the Berserker King, Emile, my Landsknecht (it's a swordsman class) managed to deal the finishing blow while 2 members were KO'd, and the other two close to it.
    -Against the Cradle Guardian, my team managed to defeat the boss, then... wait, the head's still there. Save for Emile, who was KO'd, everyone including the guest party member (whose name won't be disclosed due to spoilers) was low in health, and my Medic, Marcus, was virtually out of TP, so he couldn't heal. So my Runemaster, Amber, who invested in the Arcanist subclass, laid a circle so she can Dismiss Heal. She managed to do both under paralysis, which never triggered. She managed to avert a team wipe that would have occurred when the head self-destructed.

And now, a funny moment:
    -The QR quest Lexxy's Quest. Sweet merciful Arceus. At first it seems you have to avenge a female Fortress from a ferocious beast. Turns out this "beast" was a Mega Pooka. Pookas are those cute harmless floaty creatures that occasionally appear. Turns out she collapsed because she was overwhelmed by its cuteness. She would have finished her request with asking if it can be caught as a pet. Whoops...
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast