What game do you hate the most?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What game do you hate the most?

Default What game do you hate the most?

It could be the Game that's made you rage or a Game that is actually over a piece of garbage that you wasted money on any game that you regret playing or made you want to stop playing, maybe there was a specific part that made you rage/hate the game?
    Last edited by Dolce; 25th September 2013 at 10:28 PM.

Pkmn Grad Student betterboulder's Avatar

Default Re: What game do you hate the most?

The God of War series. Let me start by saying I don't mind people who say they like the game. At the most basic level, it was fun. I played the first 3 games in the series but stopped midway through the 3rd because I realized how much I hated it. In each of the games, there was at least one part that almost made me break my controller in absolute frustration. Usually it was the tunnel sequences, the one in the third game being the final straw for me. Also, I hated all, and I mean all of the characters in the games. Kratos especially. He was completely irredeemable and not badass in the least. They tried to make you care about him with his family and stuff but anything human about him was destroyed by several actions he performed throughout the series such as killing innocent men and women and flooding an entire city of people. Midway through the 3rd game a mix of frustration during the gameplay and zero investment in Kratos or any other character, I just had to quit. I completely wasted my time with those games for sure.

The only other game I truly gave up on was Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance. The worlds they included in the game were great but the gameplay really didn't click with me at all and only made me hungry for another mainline console game (which I am happily getting). I quit partway through the Tron: Legacy world.
    XBL, PSN, Steam: PositiveCalvin
    3DS FC: 0259 0454 7272
    Pokemon White FC: 2280 0910 3377

THE TOAD/SPY IS BACK!!!!! Spypitoad's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Even though I never played it I hate GTA for being such a stupid idea. Why should you run around and play gangster and pretend to destroy the life for people.
    You know you are followed...
    You know you are seen...
    You know that your secrets are revealed...
    You know that he is close...
    You know that you can not catch him...
    You know who he is...
    ...the Spypitoad...

Aliens: Colonial Marines - It's supposed to fit into the canon of the first three films, and yet anything that might connect the game to the films is casually brushed aside. The AI for both Weyland-Yutani PMCs and marines is absolutely atrocious, and the xenomorph AI doesn't behave very xenomorphy. And some of the events in the story make absolutely no sense.

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Aside from the setting and the Blood Ravens space marine chapter being the focus, it's nothing like the previous Dawn of War. As much as I love the Tyranids, they weren't as terrifying as they are in the army books for the table top game. The story was very dull, and had such an anti-climactic ending.

Red Faction II - For starters, it's not even set on Mars. And apparent, Earth is ruled by a not-so-subtle Soviet-esque dictator. The Red Faction's goals of getting equal representation of Martians was either ignored or not very effective, because by the time of Guerrilla, Mars is back to the way it was, just the EDF in control instead of Ultor. None of the characters are likable, even Molov (voiced by Lance Henrikson), and many of them may as well be from bad 90's action films.
    Last edited by Dread Advocate; 21st November 2013 at 07:28 PM.

Normally I would say Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) as a lame cop-out answer, because I've played the game thorougly and hated it a lot. But I want to give a spiteful shout-out to Myth-Makers: Orbs of Doom. It's a disgusting Monkey Ball ripoff for the Wii, and it lacks it every area Monkey Ball prevailed in. It was a boring, ugly mess, and barely playable. Monkey Ball was a fun, interesting adventure, whereas Orbs of Doom is a lackluster chore to sit through. I hate it with a passion, and I feel that hate it deserved fully. The game shouldn't even exist, and that's that.

Bonded Forever Misty Calls Masquerain's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Don't know if anyone else has played this, but: Sabrina: The Animated Series: Spooked.

Like most, if not all, WayForward games, it's an average platformer, but this one is really bad. The previous game (Zapped) wasn't that great, but nowhere near as bad as this. The music is ear-bleeding, and seems to glitch up most of the time (though they might also be the actual tracks), the levels are bland, and it never gets past the final boss. Why do I mention the last part? Because when I first got my copy from stores, the same thing happened, and all the people I know who played this game, either on cartridge or emulator never saw the ending. What happens is after you defeat the final boss, it explodes to show that it's defeated, but it never gets past that point: You just keep seeing the exploding animation on it, and it never stops...

I remember getting a game called Anubis II for the Wii. It looked like a cool concept (especially because I was interested in Egyptian mythology at the time), but the controls were terrible. I got stuck on the first level because the controls were just that bad. I played it once and never touched it again.

Later, I found out that there's another game called Ninjabread Man that came out before Anubis II, and they're literally the same game. Making one bad game is one thing, but making two bad games that are identical is even worse.

Edit: I found out that there are actually two more. *facepalm*
    Last edited by Zkat; 21st December 2013 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Palpitoad View Post
    Even though I never played it I hate GTA for being such a stupid idea. Why should you run around and play gangster and pretend to destroy the life for people.
    I like GTA because it allows for people to embrace their dark side. It allows you to experience being an outlaw with no consequence. Not many other games allow you to play around with the idea of absolute freedom to do nearly anything with no consequence whatsoever.

My least favorite game would probably be Prototype.

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter Add Robo-Floatzel on Google+
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

I'm not exactly sure, but I never really cared for Jurassic Park: The DNA Factor (I think it was called that) on the GBA, as I found it boring more than anything (plus I was actually kind of forced to buy the game, it was a long time ago), it was my first experience with "Licensed Movie Games", which I didn't know about at the time, (I was only 8-9 years old back then).

To be fair, there's never actually been a game that I've played that I ever actually hated, I've played games that I'd consider "dull" or "boring", but never have I played a game that I've actually hated before.

As for games I haven't played, I cannot stand Call of Duty or most FPS games (only one I am willing to play is Team Fortress 2), as well as a lot of the games the AVGN has reviewed, which raises awareness for me on what games I should avoid. Also ET, for obvious reasons...
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mega Gengar View Post
    I like GTA because it allows for people to embrace their dark side. It allows you to experience being an outlaw with no consequence. Not many other games allow you to play around with the idea of absolute freedom to do nearly anything with no consequence whatsoever.
    Outside of doing horrible things theres really not much you actually can do in GTA. If you think you can do nearly anything in GTA then I am concerned about the mindset you're in. I sincerely hope you have a trained psychological therapist.

Series I don't like:
    CoD
    GTA
    Saint's Row
    Assassin's Creed (Except the first one)
    Most 7th and all 8th gen shooters.

I also didn't like Halo 4, it was worse than ODST and Halo Wars.

Follow Combusken on Tumblr

When I was a kid I was rented Superman 64 from Blockbuster and that was a pretty frustrating night. (I didn't have internet or gaming magazine with reviews D;)

Typical answer, but I can't think of any games that I really hate (I don't bother with series/genres I don't care about or things with universally awful reviews...unless it's for a cheap laugh, idk)

Mega Torchic.
    (I couldn't think of a good username so I used my fav pokemon)

Blog Entries

The games that I don't like are:
    Dungeon Siege 3 -- I like the first 2 but the DS3 went backwards by not having the features that made the first 2 DS games actually good and enjoyable like character creation, the DS-Style party system

CoD -- Never played a CoD but what I've seen of it is that doesn't innovate or gives players any new features or major improvements with each sequel

Blog Entries

Visit The Roach's Youtube Channel

Assassin's Creed III.

This game was such a huge disappointment on so many levels I regret having ever bought it. I had hoped Ubisoft would learn a lesson from the 2nd game and how it was slipping away from what made the first game so great, but no. Somehow, Ubisoft managed to make the third game worse.

See, I loved the first Assassin's Creed, because it actually made you feel like an Assassin. Blending in to crowds, gathering information on your targets and planning your method of attack, evading guards and patrols, and generally being secretive and, well, an Assassin. I mean, sure, you technically could just bum-rush your target and attack, but doing so was highly inadvisable and would probably get you killed. It encouraged a cautious approach to every situation and was a very enjoyable game.

Then Assassin's Creed II came, which was basically Assassin's Creed I on super-easy mode. I could charge headfirst into combat, kill my target in broad daylight, then just go rip up two or three posters to completely eliminate my notoriety. There was no challenge. The whole notoriety system is what ruined it for me. In the first game, after assassinating a key target, the guards were put on high alert permanently, and the only way to decrease notoriety was to escape the city and return to the Assassin's headquarters. In subsequent games, all you have to do to decrease notoriety is rip up a poster or bribe some town crier and the guards will immediately forget about that flamboyant guy in the totally-not-suspicious-at-all hooded garment who just stabbed the guy they were hired to protect. "Assassin who? I don't see any posters around, so he must not exist. Back to patrolling!"

Assassin's Creed III was the final straw. In addition to keeping the immersion-breaking and totally-exploitable notoriety system, they just kept adding all this extra crap that the game doesn't need. When your tutorial lasts eight freakin' hours to explain every single little extra mini-game you put into your product, you're trying too hard. It's like "Hey, check it out, we added naval battles!" "Hey, check out this awesome trading thing we put in!" "Hey, check out this convoy thing we did!" "Hey, why don't you check out this hunting mini-game we added?" "Oh, come and look at this other pointless side-quest we put in!" I mean, geez, eight hours in and I haven't, you know, assassinated anybody yet, you know, that thing that's in the freakin' title of your game? Assassin's Creed??

In the end, it was just a massive disappointment. I don't feel like an assassin, I just feel like an errand boy with some cool wrist knives. They focused way too much time and effort on all the pointless, unnecessary side-quests and mini-games, and not nearly enough time on the actual fun part and the parts that made the first game so great. It was just... such a let-down. I'm not even partially excited anymore for the new Black Flag game in the series; it's probably just more pointless naval battles and less actually assassinating people. No thanks, I think I'll go play Hitman: Absolution instead. At least that game makes me feel like a Hitman and is challenging.

What are you looking at?

Blog Entries

As of late, I'm really hating the Super Mario franchise. *Shock! Horror! Sacrilage!* Yeah, it's not a popular opinion for most of you out there...

It was a series that I used to like as a kid. Bowser kidnaps Peach, then Mario/Luigi goes and saves her, right? But since the Gamecube era, they've been overusing this plot. I felt that they've wasted a really good plot, especially in Super Mario Sunshine, when they could have Luigi/Wario as the villain and wreacking havoc on Delphino instead of Bowser, as always. And especially seeing Peach on Smash Brothers made me start to think that she is the worst dumbass ever, for not using any of her SB moves against Bowser, and getting kidnapped countless times without a fight. (Maybe it's not supposed to be considered canon, but it was just too much for me to get my head around.) And why does Mario have to be the invincible hero all the flying time?

Ironically, this may be one of the reasons why I'm okay with Ash Ketchum most of the time - because Ash is capable of fighting back, especially in the movies.

A series that I want to like but I couldn't would be the Zelda series. Really interesting series of plots, a variety of the different Zeldas - I especially love Twilight Princess version of Zelda - and a villain who is, perhaps, even more awesome than the already-awesome Mafia boss, Giovanni. Problem is, since the 3D era, I just cannot help being freaked out by some of the enemies' animations during gameplay. It's no doubt less bloody/gory than, say, GTA, but the 3D games still give me too many chills to actually play...
    Last edited by henrymidfields; 16th December 2013 at 09:25 AM.

Blog Entries
    Follow pokefan548 On Twitter
    Visit pokefan548's Youtube Channel

Metroid: Other M(otherducker)

Yeah, Other metroid fans will get this.
    Just think of the bacon make-outs...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast