Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000

Thread: Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000

Default Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000

I was wondering if anyone plays any of those two tabletop wargames from Games Workshop.
    I've been playing Warhammer 40,000 for the better part of a year now, and was wondering if any of you Pokemon fans also like these Grimdark worlds of perilous adventure/only war, respectively.

Default Re: Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000

I do not/have not played the tabletop, but I play the RTS. The tabletop looks pretty sweet though, it also looks pretty expensive. I've watched them play it at the local comic store but I'm really not sure at all how the game works, how much does it cost to get an "army" together to even be able to play. (really not sure if that's what you would even call it)

Well, it would be called an army.
    Sadly, it ios rather expensive. The good news is the armies can be of any size, so you get to choose what you purchase. And trust me, the investment is worthwhile. May I direct you to http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/www.games-workshop.com for reference as to everything.
    I started with the RTS as well, so there you go.

My god these models look sick, as expensive as they may be. The game itself also looks incredibly detailed... I might end up buying a guide or something (or find one online) as it does look fun.

As if I need anymore expensive hobbies but anyway..... xD

Leyalin Story Productions Kite Austin's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I only play the RTS and read the books

Warning, the quality of the RTS game WH40k DOW2 is fairly low. Not counting the expansion pack. Something about it just doesn't feel right, and the gameplay is a little less than graceful...

Blog Entries

Don't play the tabletop (no where within reasonable distance of me participates). I did play the Warhammer MMO for a little bit. That was pretty cool, but didn't last. I played the 40k DoW which was also fun. Currently, I'm excited for the 40k MMO.
    "If we admit that human life can be ruled by reason, the possibility of life is destroyed." - Alexander Supertramp

I tried pretty hard my whole life what I'd call my best...I'm proud that I'm not proud.

Quote Originally Posted by cowboy dan View Post
    Don't play the tabletop (no where within reasonable distance of me participates). I did play the Warhammer MMO for a little bit. That was pretty cool, but didn't last. I played the 40k DoW which was also fun. Currently, I'm excited for the 40k MMO.
    Ah yes, Dark Millennium. I am also excited about the Ultramarines movie.

The Hobby ussually can keep me occupied. Painting, Modeling, Discussion, and creating your own fiction and army back-story can be fun.

Concerning Dawn of War 2,I have the game, and I enjoy it quite a lot. Are you comparing it to the tabletop game or to the original DOW?
    Last edited by S. Seagrave; 22nd July 2010 at 06:36 PM.