Ubuntu Phone

Thread: Ubuntu Phone

Default Ubuntu Phone

I have been reading up about the new Ubuntu Phone platform that is being developed, and I like the look of it so far:

Ubuntu for phones | Ubuntu

This looks like an amazing platform. It supports many different languages, from HTML5 to Java, it has no buttons; just gestures and voice control. It looks fast, and simple, yet powerful! Opinions?
    Last edited by Galactic; 9th July 2013 at 06:35 AM.
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus

Default Re: Ubuntu Phone

This looks like a great phone from what I've read. While I'm not a Ubuntu user, I will definitely look more into this.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I think this is either going to be brilliant or completely terrible. Usually when smartphones are made a little too ambitiously, the features flop and don't function as they are meant to purely because they are finicky or buggy. That phone is going to need incredibly well tuned capabilities to be able to live up to its claims, I feel, because it's important to note that bigger isn't necessarily better when it comes to the specs and options companies like to throw out when trying to make their phones look powerful. There are so many variables and potential issues that I'm not expecting even this to live up to its hype.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

I am worried about it too. Don't want another android.
    Team: Castform; Klinklang; Victini; Tornadus