Tech Help thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tech Help thread

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Default Re: Tech Help thread

@Toddler Naruto - Right now I have five retail digital download games... plus a lot of Virtual Console games, some eShop-only games, quite a few apps & demos, and like a crap-ton of photos from Animal Crossing: New Leaf and Tomodachi Life...

... And so far I've used no more than 56K blocks out of my total ~256K blocks (I have a 32GB SD card).

Ultimately it depends on how many games you decide to buy on the eShop and their MB/block size, but I think a 16GB card (~128K blocks I believe) should be fine.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Blog Entries

Default Computer Issue

Not sure if this is the right thread or place but I think this goes here.

I'm having some weird computer problems (I have Windows 8) by the way, and all of it started when my mouse (USB mouse), as well as my built in mouse Keyboard (Laptop) didn't work completely. It's behavior is very erratic.

I can't click on some things, but I can click on other things, I keep clicking something and nothing happens, so this isn't a USB mouse problem because it affects the built in mouse stuff from the Laptop Keyboard.

I checked things as best as I can, by trying to delete some unwanted suspicious programs, then my laptop won't even boot up. I will get to the log in, put in the password, it will load and then it will be pitch black with the mouse cursor, and nothing will load.

However Safe Mode with Networking works fine, just disabling some features, the problem is, I'm still encountering mouse issues even in Safe Mode. Such as scanning my computer for viruses, and yet it won't let me take any sort of action.

I don't want to stay in safe mode with networking forever, in fear something I try to do will even screw that up.

Is there anyone who knows exactly what's going on with my computer and the best way to fix it, without resorting to a Windows Refresh. Before anyone asks, the system restore point is a no-go, because I don't have one, or at least a reliable one, besides I think I tried to that.

There must be something wrong with disk itself, be it a virus, or a virus ate some "meat" off my computer and it's dangling by a thread, but I really want to resolve this as soon as possible. Or maybe some sort of driver corruption of some kind.

Perhaps if I could resolve the mouse issues, perhaps everything can go from there.

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

I think I have a problem.
    Recently, I finally got a 3dsXl, but today as I was changing games something happened. Now I have to apply a little more pressure to get a game in and the game cartridge tilts to the side. Luckily, I have warranty up to 6 months. But I would still lose the digital games I downloaded (some indie games). I don't know what to do.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Playful Explorer Toddler Naruto's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default My Used 160GB Slim PS3 Won't Play Games

My Used 160GB Slim PS3 is refusing to play any of my physical PS3 game discs.

I think it's the bluray drive/laser, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyways, I was hoping someone here could help me solve the issue please?

Preferably without having to spend much money, I'll be broke until July 26th at least.
    Last edited by Toddler Naruto; 20th July 2014 at 01:04 AM.

Formely Foreign Travler Isramon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Isramon On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Isramon View Post
    I need help (again). I have an Enhanced CD and when I want it to play on my computer it doesn't work. Not just the Enhanced part, but the music isn't playing for some reason. Every other kind of program works on my DVD-ROM and the Enhanced CD works on all CD reading devices but mine. What can I do?
    Anyone can help me? I found no answers on the Internet. On my girlfriend's XP PC it works great. Is it the fact that I have Windows 7?
    3DS FC: 1547-5466-8771
    Never stop dreaming

Avatar by EVsaur EVsaur's Art Shop

Having a Smash Berrenta's Avatar Bulbapedia Junior Administrator
    Blog Entries

So I'm trying to access File Explorer on Windows 8. Every time I try to access, screen flashes blue then goes back; it won't let me access the Explorer. Went into Safe mode and did a virus scan, which resolved some cookies. I go back to normal mode, but I'm still unable to access File Explorer. It opens perfectly fine in Safe Mode, however.

When I do manage to access File Explorer, I try selecting an item. Right clicking on the selected item afterwards for a menu closes the explorer instead of giving me the menu options.

Update: Had some technicians look at it, and they had to refresh the operating system. I hope it works.
    Last edited by Berrenta; 28th August 2014 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Updating status of my problem.
    X/3DS FC: 1289 8751 6620 In-game name: Karen
    Claims: Nidoqueen, Mawilite, Hondew Berry, Fiery Dance, Flower Veil
    Claims (other): Luke Triton (Professor Layton), Naoto Shirogane (Persona 4)

Skyworld Warriors, a Kid Icarus fan club
    Friend Safari: Poison (Kakuna, Swalot, Whirlipede)

Playful Explorer Toddler Naruto's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Update: I had my friend look at my 160GB Slim PS3 again, and apparently it's either the Blu-Ray drive itself that's malfunctioning, which will cost me $80 New on eBay, or it's the HDD, in which case I'm hoping just formatting it and re-installing the PS3 OS will fix the problem.

If it is the HDD and formatting/reinstalling doesn't work, I have my eyes set on a 500GB Western Digital for only $50 New on Amazon.

I just hope they're not both malfunctioning, I can't afford to spend $130 all at once.

Descending into madness Umbreon Freak's Avatar

Follow Umbreon Freak on Tumblr

For the past week, my 3DS has refused to connect to my wi-fi, and when it does connect, it only stays online for about ten minutes before it disconnects again. I've tried everything the Nintendo website told me and nothing seems to be working.
    3DS Friend Code: 3239-2624-7117
    Ice-Type Safari: Snover, Bergmite, and Cloyster

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

I want to get rid of iStartSurf but nothing seems to work :/ I went to the control panel to see if there was a program that I could uninstall, but there was none. I tried resetting Goggle Chrome and everything but it just wouldn't leave my computer. I did a virus scan and deleted anything suspicious, but iStartSurf is still appearing as the homepage. How can I get rid of it :/

Formely Foreign Travler Isramon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Isramon On Twitter

So I have a new problem (not that the old one was solved):
    My 3DS is second hand, and the seller never gave me a regestration code for the system. I can't reach the seller because I deleted his info from my phone after the deal. My question is: Can I register my 3DS with a different unregistered code for a 3DS? or does it have to have been bought with the system?
    3DS FC: 1547-5466-8771
    Never stop dreaming

Avatar by EVsaur EVsaur's Art Shop

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriaki View Post
    I want to get rid of iStartSurf but nothing seems to work :/ I went to the control panel to see if there was a program that I could uninstall, but there was none. I tried resetting Goggle Chrome and everything but it just wouldn't leave my computer. I did a virus scan and deleted anything suspicious, but iStartSurf is still appearing as the homepage. How can I get rid of it :/
    If you're still having trouble, I would recommend checking out this page right here. Although I don't have experience with iStartSurf specifically, I've used this page to help me with some other computer problems before and it worked perfectly. Plus from what I can tell these directions don't require you to download additional applications to get it to work, which based on a previous experience I had I consider this a plus in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Isramon View Post
    So I have a new problem (not that the old one was solved):
    My 3DS is second hand, and the seller never gave me a regestration code for the system. I can't reach the seller because I deleted his info from my phone after the deal. My question is: Can I register my 3DS with a different unregistered code for a 3DS? or does it have to have been bought with the system?
    If you mean registration through Club Nintendo, how's the serial code sticker on the back cover of the system? If it's still in tact, you may still be able to use that code to register your 3DS. (It's possible to use it on the North American version of CN, anyway.) And of course, since it's secondhand, keep in mind that the previous owner may have already registered the 3DS, and once a Nintendo console has been registered once it can't be registered again.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Blog Entries

Default Help with image processing

I've got Python 3.4, and I'm trying to use this module (http://www.cs.ucsb.edu/~pconrad/cs8/09M/code/MillerRanumCode_v3.0/cImage.py) to turn a normally colored image into one with four colors, like Obama's campaign posters in 2008. I got three colors, but not four. Does anyone know how I would go about doing four different colors? I'm a greenhorn when it comes to Python, just to let you all know.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."-Nietzsche

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123