Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread - Page 7

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

Marth has been confirmed. I'm a little upset at this because I was hoping for Ike to be shown first on account of him having been a starting character. And I feel his chances of being in are slimmer now because of this. But in any case, we did finally get an FE rep!

Don't you worry, child Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Follow Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Default Re: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

I know like nothing about Fire Emblem outside of what they show in the Smash Bros. series, so the reveal of Marth was meh for me. That being said, I was a much bigger fan of Ike in Brawl, so with Marth's reveal I'm starting to worry if Ike will return. I can understand why Marth would be included--from what I understand, he's the "poster child" of the series, somewhat similarly to Pikachu for Pokémon--but if I remember correctly there's also been a recent release of Fire Emblem on the 3DS (can't exactly remember) without Ike in it. So if they decide to do a another Fire Emblem character like in the past, there's a good chance Ike will get the boot.

*tears*

Blog Entries

For Kid Icarus Characters I would like to see Palutena,Viridi and Magnus come in before anyone ask there really isn't a lot of none god characters in Kid Icarus Uprising so stop complaining about that people.

For Mario characters Rosalina and Bowser jr.

Zelda characters I would like to see Toon Zelda/Tedra, Midna and Giraham.

Pokèmon characters Mewtwo with both of his Mega Forms, Zoroark, Blaziken and Greninja

Blog Entries

well as the wii u SSB community's Roy pusher I of course want Roy
    and mewtwo aswell

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Super Mario 3D World spoiler:

Last edited by Anser; 14th November 2013 at 12:06 AM.
    (Rumor has it Joey's Rattata has 31 IVs in all its stats.)>

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ricky View Post
    I know like nothing about Fire Emblem outside of what they show in the Smash Bros. series, so the reveal of Marth was meh for me. That being said, I was a much bigger fan of Ike in Brawl, so with Marth's reveal I'm starting to worry if Ike will return. I can understand why Marth would be included--from what I understand, he's the "poster child" of the series, somewhat similarly to Pikachu for Pokémon--but if I remember correctly there's also been a recent release of Fire Emblem on the 3DS (can't exactly remember) without Ike in it. So if they decide to do a another Fire Emblem character like in the past, there's a good chance Ike will get the boot.

*tears*
    You're right, there was a new FE released for the 3DS, called Awakening. Awakening has two lord characters (the main characters of the games), Chrom and Lucina, though I think Chrom has the higher chance of being in the roster among the two since he's the main main lord (Lucina doesn't join your party until later and her defeat won't result in a gameover. She also loses her plot importance after awhile too, which Chrom does not). I'm hoping for Ike and Chrom to both join alongside Marth.

Ike still has a unique playstyle and lots of popularity in the west. He also has more relevance to the series than any other lord barring Marth, imo (he had a starring role in two titles and has lots of references, including a descendant, in Awakening). Story-wise, Ike is also the strongest and mightiest hero in the series. Oh, and technically, Ike IS in Awakening, as DLC and Spotpass content. I don't think he's going anywhere.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A new stage has been confirmed in both Miiverse and the official site:

Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

I'm torn between getting it or not so far.
    I really like the stages, but take out the newcomers (which aren't really taking my fancy) and all the roster is, is a reduced Brawl roster really (And Samus and Marth looked way better in their Brawl designs). Take away Pit and then it's a reduced Melee roster.
    They're also taking out the story mode too, and I wont be able to play multiplayer if they take the Wii Sports Club route. I may as well just save my money and go back to Melee.

What is the point in all these great stages, if Roy isn't around to blow them up?

US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Snugglefox View Post
    I'm torn between getting it or not so far.
    I really like the stages, but take out the newcomers (which aren't really taking my fancy) and all the roster is, is a reduced Brawl roster really (And Samus and Marth looked way better in their Brawl designs). Take away Pit and then it's a reduced Melee roster.
    They're also taking out the story mode too, and I wont be able to play multiplayer if they take the Wii Sports Club route. I may as well just save my money and go back to Melee.

What is the point in all these great stages, if Roy isn't around to blow them up?
    It's not a "reduced" roster since it's incomplete. We might not even get the full list until it comes out in the Spring.

Blog Entries

Valid point, I think I'll wait a few days after release before I buy it

US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Oh, I thought I had listed a Super Mario Galaxy stage. My bad. xP

And yeah, the roster isn't complete yet. I personally prefer Marth's new design to his old one. His New Mystery of the Emblem design is just so much cooler, imo.

smile Enzap's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Enzap on Tumblr

I've heard talk of Rosalina possibly joining the roster. What would she be able to do that would set her apart enough from Peach?

Blog Entries

She could always just be an alternate model for Peach like the male WFT

US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Quote Originally Posted by Enzap View Post
    I've heard talk of Rosalina possibly joining the roster. What would she be able to do that would set her apart enough from Peach?
    Well, in Super Mario Galaxy, she can create a force field to defend herself from attack, so that could possibly be her Down + B attack. She could shoot Star Bits as her Smash + B attack, and...

Her Final Smash could involve the fact that she can transform a spaceship into a freaking rocket (watch the first minute). If you see her in Super Mario Galaxy, Super Mario Galaxy 2 and when she wins a trophy in Mario Kart Wii, you'll see that she can hover, so I can see her hovering (or levitating) much like Mewtwo instead of running. So yeah, she does have many options for a unique moveset and she definitely deserves the spot, as she has become a rather important and famous character in so little time.
    Enzap and Ice Ricky like this.
    (Rumor has it Joey's Rattata has 31 IVs in all its stats.)>

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tophat Dragoneye View Post
    A new stage has been confirmed in both Miiverse and the official site:

I think it's just Skyloft with Marth and Luigi in it but I still wonder though by the way anyone want Zelda's skyward sword look at all.

Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast