So, people were asking about the new Smash Bros. games in the related thread in the news board, so I thought I'd create a thread here on the games where the confirmed information can be posted for us to see.
Title: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U have been confirmed as the final names.
Platforms: 3DS and Wii U
Confirmed Returning Characters
- Donkey Kong
- Ice Climbers
- Toon Link
- King Dedede
- Diddy Kong
- Zero Suit Samus
- Captain Falcon
- Animal Crossing Villager (male)
- Wii Fit Trainer (female AND male)
- Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario)
- Little Mac (Punch-Out)
- Greninja (Pokemon)
- Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
- Skyloft (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
- Megaman stage (I don't know the name of it)
- Spirit Train (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
- Gerudo Valley (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
- Nintendogs stage (there was a cute beagle in the background! <3)
- Battlefield (of course)
- A boxing ring (probably from Punch-Out)
- Kid Icarus: Uprising stage
- Pilotwings stage
- Pyrosphere (Metroid: Other M)
- Super Mario Galaxy stage
- Find Mii final area
- Tortimer Island (Animal Crossing)
- Lumiose City (Pokemon X/Y)
- Pit has been revamped to his Kid Icarus: Uprising self with new moves.
- Bowser has been revamped as well.
- Samus is now using her Metroid: Other M design.
- There will be version exclusive stages. The 3DS version will have stages from handheld games while the Wii U version will have stages from home console games.
- The above also applies to trophies.
- Final Smashes are back and only the Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash has been revealed so far.
- Tripping is gone.
- There are currently no plans for DLC, but Sakurai may change his mind after the games are released.
- The two games might not be released at the same time.
- Namco Bandai characters have no priority right now.
- The Adventure mode will not be like Brawl's Subspace Emmissary.
- Mewtwo may be added in his new form.
- Characters will only be cut if there's not enough development time.
- You can edit the outlines on the characters in the 3DS version.
- The male Wii Fit Trainer is playable (it appears), but as an alternate "costume" for the female.
- Marth is now using his Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem design.
- Skull Kid is confirmed as a new Assist Trophy.
- Ashley from WarioWare is confirmed as a new Assist Trophy.
- Bottled Fairy from Zelda is confirmed as a new item (though it's unknown if it's replacing the Heart Container).
- New online features called For Glory and For Fun will be available.
- Transformations will no longer exist, ie Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are separate from Zelda and Samus now and Charizard stands alone. This also means Pokemon Trainer will not be returning, at least not in the same form he appeared in Brawl.
- Midna is a confirmed new Assist Trophy
- Captain Falcon is confirmed due to Samurai Goroh remaining an assist trophy
- There will be customizable movesets
This is all of the information I can recall so far. If anyone knows of anything I missed, let me know and I'll add it here. :)
I've got my fingers crossed for Ike staying playable, Chrom and Ghirahim added to the roster, and Kauku Caves and Riven Bridge from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Treacherous Mansion from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon as new stages! ^^
I'd also LOVE to see Frederick from FE: Awakening as an assist trophy, but I don't have my hopes up REAL high for that. I just totally adore him. <3