Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

So, people were asking about the new Smash Bros. games in the related thread in the news board, so I thought I'd create a thread here on the games where the confirmed information can be posted for us to see.

Title: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii U have been confirmed as the final names.

Platforms: 3DS and Wii U

Confirmed Returning Characters

- Mario
    - Link
    - Bowser
    - Samus
    - Pit
    - Pikachu
    - Donkey Kong
    - Kirby
    - Fox
    - Ice Climbers
    - Olimar
    - Luigi
    - Peach
    - Toon Link
    - Sonic
    - Marth
    - Zelda
    - King Dedede
    - Lucario
    - Diddy Kong
    - Zero Suit Samus
    - Sheik
    - Charizard
    - Captain Falcon

Confirmed Newcomers

- Animal Crossing Villager (male)
    - Megaman
    - Wii Fit Trainer (female AND male)
    - Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario)
    - Little Mac (Punch-Out)
    - Greninja (Pokemon)

Confirmed Stages

- Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
    - Skyloft (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
    - Megaman stage (I don't know the name of it)
    - Spirit Train (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
    - Gerudo Valley (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
    - Nintendogs stage (there was a cute beagle in the background! <3)
    - Battlefield (of course)
    - A boxing ring (probably from Punch-Out)
    - Kid Icarus: Uprising stage
    - Pilotwings stage
    - Pyrosphere (Metroid: Other M)
    - Super Mario Galaxy stage
    - Find Mii final area
    - Tortimer Island (Animal Crossing)
    - Lumiose City (Pokemon X/Y)

Other Information

- Pit has been revamped to his Kid Icarus: Uprising self with new moves.
    - Bowser has been revamped as well.
    - Samus is now using her Metroid: Other M design.
    - There will be version exclusive stages. The 3DS version will have stages from handheld games while the Wii U version will have stages from home console games.
    - The above also applies to trophies.
    - Final Smashes are back and only the Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash has been revealed so far.
    - Tripping is gone.
    - There are currently no plans for DLC, but Sakurai may change his mind after the games are released.
    - The two games might not be released at the same time.
    - Namco Bandai characters have no priority right now.
    - The Adventure mode will not be like Brawl's Subspace Emmissary.
    - Mewtwo may be added in his new form.
    - Characters will only be cut if there's not enough development time.
    - You can edit the outlines on the characters in the 3DS version.
    - The male Wii Fit Trainer is playable (it appears), but as an alternate "costume" for the female.
    - Marth is now using his Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem design.
    - Skull Kid is confirmed as a new Assist Trophy.
    - Ashley from WarioWare is confirmed as a new Assist Trophy.
    - Bottled Fairy from Zelda is confirmed as a new item (though it's unknown if it's replacing the Heart Container).
    - New online features called For Glory and For Fun will be available.
    - Transformations will no longer exist, ie Sheik and Zero Suit Samus are separate from Zelda and Samus now and Charizard stands alone. This also means Pokemon Trainer will not be returning, at least not in the same form he appeared in Brawl.
    - Midna is a confirmed new Assist Trophy
    - Captain Falcon is confirmed due to Samurai Goroh remaining an assist trophy
    - There will be customizable movesets

Official Website

This is all of the information I can recall so far. If anyone knows of anything I missed, let me know and I'll add it here. :)

I've got my fingers crossed for Ike staying playable, Chrom and Ghirahim added to the roster, and Kauku Caves and Riven Bridge from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Treacherous Mansion from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon as new stages! ^^

I'd also LOVE to see Frederick from FE: Awakening as an assist trophy, but I don't have my hopes up REAL high for that. I just totally adore him. <3

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Default Re: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

How about N's castle as one of the battle fields? Or Dragon Spiral Tower?

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Default Re: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

N's Castle would be cool. I'd rather not have Spear Pillar back unless it was tweaked though. I hated it the way it was in Brawl.

EDIT: Oh, you said Dragon Spiral Tower. lol oops. I don't know why I thought you wrote Spear Pillar. xP I guess that one would be alright too.

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Kelleo View Post
    N's Castle would be cool. I'd rather not have Spear Pillar back unless it was tweaked though. I hated it the way it was in Brawl.

EDIT: Oh, you said Dragon Spiral Tower. lol oops. I don't know why I thought you wrote Spear Pillar. xP I guess that one would be alright too.
    XDD maybe the Plasma Frigate with Kyurem in the background?

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Oh, that looks like it could work too!

But what about stages from other game series? I heard you fight on Grima's back in FE: Awakening in the Endgame, which would be SWEET in Smash Bros.! I'd also love a Super Mario Galaxy stage, preferably the galaxy in SMG2 that was inspired by Rainbow Road from the Mario Kart series (can't believe I forgot the name! It was my favorite!). :D

EDIT: Rolling Coaster Galaxy! That's the one!

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

Oh, that looks like it could work too!

But what about stages from other game series? I heard you fight on Grima's back in FE: Awakening in the Endgame, which would be SWEET in Smash Bros.! I'd also love a Super Mario Galaxy stage, preferably the galaxy in SMG2 that was inspired by Rainbow Road from the Mario Kart series (can't believe I forgot the name! It was my favorite!). :D
    RAINBOW!! XDD Was Peach's castle featured in the past games?

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Peach's Castle was in the first Smash Bros. I think. But it hasn't been seen since. I was serious, btw... xP

Blog Entries

I hope we get at least one stage from gen V, whichever it is. Those games had some great scenic locations.

I expect Pacman and Little Mac just because of the source that said Villager and Megaman were in the game (wow, lots of accurate rumor sources in Nintendo land :P)

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Little Mac I'm neutral to, but Pacman?! How stupid. That thing's just a yellow ball with an eye and mouth and only chomps like a chain chomp. What could possibly be done with him?

EDIT: Also, I had forgotten a couple things, so I added them to the list.

Blog Entries

Well, they could give him limbs like he has in lots of his games. Though I agree it seems like his moveset might be challenging to come up with.

But yeah, it might be odd if Namco didn't add their original mascot to the game.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Update, peeps! There's been some new information, including another confirmed veteran Smash character. Articles can be found on IGN.

I want to see Chrom and Ike and Ghirahim! I hope they're confirmed and shown sooooon!

Blog Entries

Assist trophies have so much potential to be playable. Put in Saki and Isaac.

Nice to see tripping is gone.
    [[[[[<>>>>=====+++++~~~~~Wave~~~~~+++++=====<<<<>]]]]]

|||||!!!!!////---+++===Weekly Song===+++---\\\\!!!!!|||||

Blog Entries

Follow Yato on Tumblr

I can imagine N's Castle being a battle stage. Reshiram, Zekrom, or Kyurem appear in the background and causes hazards to the field. The uppermost platform being the throne room, underground as N's toy room.

Yup.

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

What the HELL kinda business do those names have being final? I hate them, I hope they go back on their word and change them.
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Little Mac I'm neutral to, but Pacman?! How stupid. That thing's just a yellow ball with an eye and mouth and only chomps like a chain chomp.
    I believe in the remakes (in 3d), they gave pacman legs. So I think they will probably do the same thing here.

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast