So, people were asking about the new Smash Bros. games in the related thread in the news board, so I thought I'd create a thread here on the games where the confirmed information can be posted for us to see.
Title: Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Super Smash Bros. for Wii have been confirmed as the final names.
Platforms: 3DS and Wii U
Confirmed Returning Characters
- Donkey Kong
- Ice Climbers
- Toon Link
- Animal Crossing Villager (male)
- Wii Fit Trainer (female AND male)
- Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
- Skyloft (The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword)
- Megaman stage (I don't know the name of it)
- Spirit Train (The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
- Gerudo Valley (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
- Nintendogs stage (there was a cute beagle in the background! <3)
- Battlefield (of course)
- A boxing ring (probably from Punch Out!)
- Kid Icarus: Uprising stage
- Pilotwings stage
- Pyrosphere (Metroid: Other M)
- Super Mario Galaxy stage
- Find Mii final area
- Pit has been revamped to his Kid Icarus: Uprising self with new moves.
- Bowser has been revamped as well.
- Samus is now using her Metroid: Other M design.
- There will be version exclusive stages. The 3DS version will have stages from handheld games while the Wii U version will have stages from home console games.
- Final Smashes are back and only the Wii Fit Trainer's Final Smash has been revealed so far.
- Tripping is gone.
- There are currently no plans for DLC, but Sakurai may change his mind after the games are released.
- The two games might not be released at the same time.
- Namco Bandai characters have no priority right now.
- The Adventure mode will not be like Brawl's Subspace Emmissary.
- Mewtwo may be added in his new form.
- Characters will only be cut if there's not enough development time.
- You can edit the outlines on the characters in the 3DS version.
- The male Wii Fit Trainer is playable (it appears), but as an alternate "costume" for the female.
- Marth is now using his Fire Emblem: New Mystery of the Emblem design.
- Skull Kid is confirmed as a new Assist Trophy.
This is all of the information I can recall so far. If anyone knows of anything I missed, let me know and I'll add it here. :)
I've got my fingers crossed for Ike staying playable, Chrom and Ghirahim added to the roster, and Kauku Caves and Riven Bridge from Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and Treacherous Mansion from Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon as new stages! ^^
I'd also LOVE to see Frederick from FE: Awakening as an assist trophy, but I don't have my hopes up REAL high for that. I just totally adore him. <3