Stereo Mix Problems

Thread: Stereo Mix Problems

Blog Entries

Default Stereo Mix Problems

Okay, so I'm trying to record a video with my Hypercam 2 (on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit if that matters). I both enable Stereo Mix as my default recording device and enable it through Hypercam 2. I record, play back, no sound. I then choose the default recording device through Hypercam 2, and still no sound. When I go into Speakers > Recording Devices, it doesn't pick up anything unless I turn the volume up loud. On the video I recorded before that, it picked up the audio (almost) fine, with the settings exactly the same. I just can't seem to figure it out.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Stereo Mix Problems

Stereo mix is kind of weird on Windows 7 possibly because of the piracy paranoia in relation to analog hole stuff. Try using an official driver for your sound card from the manufacturer's website rather than the one that comes with Windows (assuming that this has not already been done) and see if that helps the problem. It might introduce something else since the AMD64 version of Windows 7 is picky and heavily enforces driver signatures but if so just hit f8 when the system boots before the Windows 7 splash screen appears and highlight "disable driver signature enforcement" then hit enter and it will boot with the sound card driver.
    Are you a fan of Misty? if so please visit #misty4ever on irc.systemnet.info or through this gateway. http://raybound.com/misty/HeavyApplet.html
    I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.
    Want Johto on DVD in the US and Canada? LET VIZ KNOW! http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/pokemonjohto