Steam Holiday Sale

Thread: Steam Holiday Sale

Default Steam Holiday Sale

How did all of you Steam users do on this year's holiday sale? What did you get? What games do you enjoy, which ones do you regret?

This is the first Steam sale I have ever participated in, since I just built a "new" computer (Scrap parts from friends and family) to replace the using of my father's Mac.

I managed to buy:
    Monkey Island 1 & 2
    Portal 2
    Left 4 Dead 1 & 2
    Bastion
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent
    Back to the Future
    E.Y.E
    Hard Reset
    Hitman Bundle
    Magicka
    Skyrim
    Mount & Blade: Warband
    Sonic Generations
    Torchlight
    Terraria

I managed to get all that for about a 1/3 of my Christmas and birthday money, which makes me feel good.

I'm really enjoying most of what I bought, and I was really surprised with Sonic Generations, and how much fun it is.

I regret purchasing Terraria, because a friend told me to buy it, and we barely play it after the initial 4 hours. Same with Left 4 Dead, I was not aware that all of the maps were included in Left 4 Dead 2.

I also have mixed feelings about Back to the Future. The game captures the spirit of the movies and all, but all of the puzzles are very simple, and easy. It feels like a game meant for people who don't play much puzzle/point-and-click adventure games.
    Last edited by Citizen Snips; 8th January 2012 at 04:38 PM.