Sonic Generations Discussion - Page 11

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sonic Generations Discussion

Blog Entries

Default Re: Sonic Generations Discussion

First batch of reviews are coming in. Two German gaming sites gave the console game an 8.5/10, approving of the gameplay befitting a speedy platformer in 2D and 3D, the hefty amounts of unlockable content (14 character biographies, 50 pieces of music, 130 concept-arts and 13 videos), and the German voice acting, but showing relatively lukewarm response to the few boss fights, graphics, somewhat long loading times, and a bit of a difficulty spike in the latter half of the game. It's a good start.

VideoGamesZone.de
    360 Live (reader's translation)

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    I've played a demo of Sonic Generations once at the Comic Con, and I was doing just fine and got an S ranking on Classic Sonic's stage. I don't see how anyone will think the controls were terrible unless he/she stinks at the game just like the Irate Gamer.
    1. Classic Sonic felt a little too scripted for some reason...and there was slight lag.
    2. Classic Sonic blends in with the BG, it's mostly the stage though.
    I also dislike how it runs at 30fps, I'm a bigger fan of 60.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

all hail shadow shadow the hedgehog6's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    Played the new demo. It kinda sucked, controls sucked, still had the cheap deaths, and blind spots, etc.
    im now pissed of its a DEMO they might make some changes and youre rating a game down thats not released
    and in my opinion thats the dumbest thing you can do
    c
    credict to blue dragon for the sig

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nightmare moon View Post
    im now pissed of its a DEMO they might make some changes and youre rating a game down thats not released
    and in my opinion thats the dumbest thing you can do
    There actually isn't wrong with the demo; I've played it at the Comic Con once, and it was just fine.

VGC Player The Knights of Wario Land's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm seriously liking Sonic Gen's Planet Wisp. The Classic music takes a bit to get used too, and the Modern Sonic stages aren't exactly what I expected them to be, but I'm very happy to see the Rocket Wisp again:

Also: they took the time to remix the US version of Stardust Speedway's bad future too :D :
    Black 2 FC: 2151-5959-1760

Wanna delve into the deep world of the Pokemon VGCs? Then head on over to user-run NuggetBridge for all of your needs!

all hail shadow shadow the hedgehog6's Avatar
    Blog Entries

There actually isn't wrong with the demo; I've played it at the Comic Con once, and it was just fine.
    but gligar13 does
    they putting sonic colours into sonic genarations lol
    c
    credict to blue dragon for the sig

Blog Entries

Generations is scoring a 77/100 on metacritic at the moment, with Game Informer scoring the lowest at a 68. But GI's review was essentially "Bawww Unleashed and 06 stages got in </3" so lmao.

Surprisingly, Jim Sterling gave it an 8. I expected something around the 7 range considering how brutal he can be when reviewing, but he seemed very pleased with a few niggles here and there, same as how I'm looking at it.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

I'm guessing the franchise is finished considering that it didn't make to at least 80 or higher in metacritic?

Blog Entries

lulz what?

Anything that scores a 60 or better is, by all merits, a good game, despite what gamer mentality would have you believe. A score of 77 is still an indicator of a good game - Sonic Colors has a similar score and almost everyone still praises it today.

Besides, Game Informer has said, on paper, that they give scores based on what they think they core demographic expect the game to get, so this score may be disingenuous anyway.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

But this is Sonic the Hedgehog we're talking about. He's supposedly on the same ranks as Mario, Zelda, and Street Fighter, who have higher scores than 77. Now I'm expecting Gametrailers to give it a mediocre score too.

Blog Entries

Comparing one franchise to another all the time only serves to artificially set limits on your perspective of the game. "Oh wow this game looks fantastic.....but this franchise's game got a better score from a review site, maybe this game isn't that good after all." It may set you up to ignore what could possibly be a very enjoyable experience for you.

That's the most important part: does the game seem enjoyable to you? Did you play any demos of the game beforehand and enjoy them? Did any of the potential problems you may have experienced in previous playthroughs bother you significantly enough to dissuade you from getting the game, or are they just flash in the pan and you enjoyed the game regardless?

If you really liked the game, then honestly, ignore the scores the game gets.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Well I did enjoy the demo at the Comic Con, but I rarely play the 360 nor do I own a PS3. What I do fear is ending the franchise if it doesn't meet high expectation or sell well when Miyamoto said that there will be no more Zelda and Star Fox if Skyward Sword nor Star Fox 64 3D get any near perfect scores or superb sales.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

But this is Sonic the Hedgehog we're talking about. He's supposedly on the same ranks as Mario, Zelda, and Street Fighter, who have higher scores than 77. Now I'm expecting Gametrailers to give it a mediocre score too.
    Actually, Gametrailers gave it some praises as well a overall score of 8.1. In my opinion, that's quite a good score. But just as Sonic Boom said, what the reviewers says doesn't matter if you enjoy the game of not.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
    Actually, Gametrailers gave it some praises as well a overall score of 8.1. In my opinion, that's quite a good score.
    Strange, they gave Sonic 4 Episode 1 a 7 and Colors a 6. Gametrailers' reviews are sometimes questionable.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The reason Sonic games get bad scores is because Sega decided to milk the series and make bad game after bad game. They tried to rush 06 so it would be near the christmas season, and utterly failed, and then we had Unleashed and 4 right after that.

Also, Game Informer is owned by GameStop, who had Generations ads in store. You know your game is bad when even the store selling it doesn't like it.

As for me, I might only rent it/Steam Sale it, it's only gotten average scores, and the Demo hasn't been that great.
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast