Sims 2 or Sims 3?

Thread: Sims 2 or Sims 3?

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Sims 2 or Sims 3?

I have a rather interesting problem. I own the Sims 2, and I've loaded all of the expansion packs onto my computer. However, the laptop that they were on has died, so I'm at the point where both games have their good points.

Sims 3 is newer and has a few more features, but the Sims 2 has more expansion packs out already. Either way, I have to start from scratch, so what would you suggest?

Default Re: Sims 2 or Sims 3?

I'm kind of having the same problem in that I own Sims 2 (University+Nightlife) and Sims 3. I played Sims 2 for years and really enjoyed it, however I only played the Sims 3 for about a week before I got bored. The Sims 3 has a lot more features, but it's very different to Sims 2.

Sims 3 for the better graphics and fully integrated city. In Sims 3 you can control all sims even while at lots other than home, and all sims can be scattered around town. In Sims 3, you can only control those on the lot, and each lot runs seperetly. Another cool thing in sims 3 is the neighborhood ages with you. Each save game is a city, rather than just a lot.

Blog Entries
    Add Meguroco on Facebook
    Follow Meguroco on Tumblr

I suggest the Sims 3, as you have some more career choices (if I am correct), new furniture to use for decorating your house, and you don't need an expansion to buy a car. You just need the parking space (bought in same place as car, in buy mode).
    The graphics are better, and as the above user said, you can actually explore the town freely instead of having to wait for the bus to come and pick you up.

Even if your Sim isn't going to said location, you can still go around the neighborhood, to look for a store/someone's house.
    And in the Sims 3, your Sim has a cell phone, so if there's an emergency at your house, there's a Call Everybody Home option if you click on the phone.

And if a Sim walks onto your lot, they won't vanish like they do in the Sims 2 after reaching the end of your lot.

Blog Entries

I played Sims 2 for over 4 years, also having all the EPs. But then I tried out Sims 3 and I got hooked.

Only started up Sims 2 twice since then. XD

Seriously, it's better. It's more realistic, the graphics are good, and you can customize EVERYTHING. It's really a great game.

I can breathe in space. Masatoshi's Avatar Archives StaffBulbapedia Staff

Sims 3, it might have lesser expansions, but in due time, we'll be getting the expansions and we'll have a rocking game. The fact that your world is not your house anymore is what it makes it exciting, you can go for a strolling, go to work out without the need of a slow loading bar, you just go there. You can travel to three different cities and explore wherever you want*. You can solve an emergency in the streets as a doctor or build a robot in no time**. You can be a celebrity and live in a building, and you can also be a Vampire***, I'd tell you to get Sims 3 as fast as you can, you won't regret it.

* World Adventures.
    ** Ambitions.
    *** Late Night.

Death the Skitty :P Skitty-chan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would say Sims 3, but the expanison packs aren't as good as the sims 2 ones. (They seem a little dissapointing in my opinion.) but they're is still hope for better ones to come. Also, it has more options and better graphics n' stuff.
    I like Sims 3 better....... but it's up to you and how much you want to spent, really.

The sims 3 expansion packs are rather costly, about the same as the base game...

But the graphics are so good compared to sims 2.....

I really do like Sims 3, cost and issues aside... So sims 3.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyHunterMitsuko View Post
    Skitty-chan

The Take It Easy Pokemon

Normal

This Pokemon is very cheerful, carefree and always has a smile. It tends to break up squabbles. Its fangs are not fully developed, but still hurt, and whenever they do, they make other Pokemon chill out.

Join the Anime Watching Buddies Club!!!

Sims 3. Newer featues and stuff, I like it more..

Beausoleil Jabberwocky's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Add Jabberwocky on Facebook
    Follow Jabberwocky on Tumblr

Sims 3 is better in every way (well, except for the fact that you can't drown Sims anymore).

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by The Boy Wonder View Post
    Sims 3 is better in every way (well, except for the fact that you can't drown Sims anymore).
    Sims 3 is better in every way... as long as your PC is up-to-snuff. Though, the min specs aren't too difficult to acheive these days...

Actually, there is a timer for drowning, and for on fire. Also, Sims can save themselves from getting burnt to death without external help. How? Command them to get into some kind of water.
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links