Should Sonic the Hedgehog's shoes from Sonic Adventure 2 return?

Thread: Should Sonic the Hedgehog's shoes from Sonic Adventure 2 return?

Pata pata pata pata pata! Italy-kun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Italy-kun on Tumblr

Default Should Sonic the Hedgehog's shoes from Sonic Adventure 2 return?

Random question, but whatevuh.

For those of you who don't know, a (now dead, I think) shoe company called Artemis Innovations was commisioned by Sega to design a "soap shoe" (or grinding shoe) for Sonic to wear in Sonic Adventure 2. Soap shoes are shoes made for grinding on rails as if on a skateboard, a key mechanic in the game. Long story short, it was really awesome. I assume the company is out of business because I have never seen any advertising for their shoes outside of SA2. If I'm right, that should allow Sega to use the shoe design in a new game. Should/could they do so?
    "It just goes to show you that people with brain damage are the real heroes, aren't they?" --Wheatley, Portal 2
    "Open mouth, insert foot." --Joe Kido, Digimon Adventure 01
    "Screw it, the gloves are coming off, MEAN BEAN MACHINE!" --Me playing Sonic Mega Collection

Played in Inazuma Eleven Mafia, Super Street Fighter IV Mafia and Pokemon Christmas Mafia 2011. Winning faction of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Mafia and DPPt: Sinnoh Mafia! SO HAPPY!

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Should Sonic the Hedgehog's shoes from Sonic Adventure 2 return?

I don't know if they can or not, but I liked the Soap Shoes more than Sonic's regular shoes. Now, that might be because I just love SA2, but I thought they looked really cool.

Blog Entries

I like the appearance of them, but I highly doubt they will make a return because Soap went out of business a while back.

I'm fine with Sonic's shoes as they are. They're classic. Although I wouldn't mind seeing the SA2 shoes return as an upgrade of sorts.