Scanner Not Scanning Entire Page

Thread: Scanner Not Scanning Entire Page

Blog Entries

Default Scanner Not Scanning Entire Page

I really need help with this. I've recently started doing tribal designs, but my scanner seems to just hate the damn things. For some reason, regardless of the size of the image, I have a hard time getting it to pick up all of it. It usually cuts off details around the edge. I've tried turning up the DPI settings all the way, and it seems to help a bit, but it still doesn't grab all of it.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Scanner Not Scanning Entire Page

Is it set to scan a certain type of image? I had a scanner that would auto-crop images if it was set to, I believe, scan photos, usually cutting off any large areas of white.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GrnMarvl13 View Post
    Is it set to scan a certain type of image? I had a scanner that would auto-crop images if it was set to, I believe, scan photos, usually cutting off any large areas of white.
    It is, Photos in fact. But I doubt it's autocropping simply for the large white space, as I've scanned other images with large white spaces and had them work perfectly. It seems to be only tribal designs that it has issues with.

Blog Entries

Try changing that setting to something else. There should be a setting that will scan everything on the bed (can't remember what I started to use. I may have found a way to not use any of them). It will mean editing things down, but at least you'll get the entire image.

Blog Entries

My guess is that it thinks the rest doesn't exist. Maybe you could try a different setting to make it a different shade than the rest of the scanner. Also, what scanner is it? I know my sister has been annoyed by my HP Photosmart Premium printer not scanning a whole image. Autosaving it as a PDF seemed to work.
    Last edited by NismoZ58; 11th September 2010 at 07:31 PM.