Rate the last game you played - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Rate the last game you played

Default Re: Rate the last game you played

Donald no Mahou no Boushi - I liked the obscure style of the game even Donald being a children's character. (7,5)

Super Mario Bros. - It's a classic, need I say more? (10,0)
    Last edited by Amante do Mikuri; 25th August 2014 at 10:41 AM.

"I'm really feeling it!" Chibster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Chibster on Tumblr Visit Chibster's Youtube Channel

I have finally finished my first playthrough of Okami, about 10 minutes ago. I started last summer, in late July and played till the end of August. I promised myself I would only continue until next (this) summer to fully enjoy it and not be hit with distractions. I am so happy and proud of myself that I finally got to finish Okami today, a few days before damn school starts. Every aspect was really enjoyable, from the music to the beautiful traditional Japanese visual art-style. Even feeding the animals was something enjoyable! What a great adventure it was, to play as the great sun goddess Amaterasu in wolf form and meet all the other celestial gods/goddesses. It was a very inspiring story and I doubt there will ever be anything like Okami (besides Okamiden, of course)! The sun will always rise!!

10/10

Although it was a little annoying whenever someone called Ammy by a masculine form of a word (god, king, etc).

The next time I want to play through Okami again, I want to make sure I've learned Japanese first!
    Last edited by Chibster; 30th August 2014 at 07:32 AM.
    It's me, kyogre545! 3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Gin (GNG), Inuyasha, Edward Elric, Vash the Stampede, Makoto Tachibana, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll,, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days
    FS: Metang Klefki Ferroseed
    Join my clubs! ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!

The Badassest Gardevoir BadAssGardevoir's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just figured I'd talk about Metroid Prime 2: Echoes since I just finished it, so here we go...

I can pretty much sum up this game in five words and a number: not as good as Prime 1. As for how "not as good as Prime 1" it is, well, let's start with the presentation, shall we?

The music in this game is lackluster when compared to it's predecesor, with the Torvus Bog there being the only memorable one for me. Also, while the art style is pretty much the same as Prime's, the colour palate the designers used just made everything look... bland. I don't really need to say anything more here, let's move on to the story.

The basic idea here is that Samus is sent to investigate some ship that crash-landed (or something) on a planet named after one of Ike's attacks, Aether. When you get there, however, you discover that the people on-borad said ship are either all dead or efectively zombies and after some further searching you come across some alian character who tells you that his race has been at war with another alien race and you have to go and stop them lest the whole planet colapse... Or something, which is all well and good, but there is something wrong with this: this is a Metroid game, and (as far as I know) they are ment to be about isolation and figuring out where the f*** you're suppostto be going on your own, but in this game there's that alien that I mentioned, breaking the isolation rule, and he tells you where to go, breaking the "figure it out by yourself" rule... Though this could just be me being nit-pickey.

Anyways, on to the actual gameplay, and, while there's not a lot I can find faults with it (probably because the gameplay is quite similar to Prime 1,) those faults that are there are pretty annoying. First, there's something that bugs me quite a bit: your beams have ammo. While this is pretty common in FPSes, first, this is not technicly an FPS; it, along with the other Primes, are 'First Person Adventures,' second, this feature was not included in Prime 1 (or 3 from what I've heard,) so I don't see any reason for it here and third, it would be VERY annoying to run out of beam ammo on the final phase of the semifinal boss, because the only way to decrease it's health is to hit it with a particular type of beam according to which colour it's weak spot is... Yeah, you're screwd if that happens. My other complaint with the gameplay is the fact that Dark Aether is a thing, and in Dark Aether you *ahem* "gradually" loose health with every passing second, making cheep deaths extremely easy until you get the Light Suit near the end of the game.

...Actually, that's all I really have right now, so I'll give this game my BadAss ratting of 'meh' (5/10.)
    Bulbagarden Battle league Fire Elite Four member and Fairy Gym Leader (THIS IMPLIES NOTHING!!!)

Claims: Zorua, Night daze, Stance change, Yami (Okami,) Shantae and the songs Don't Ever Forget (aka. I Don't Want To Say Goodbye)-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky and Rising Sun (aka. The Sun Rises)-Okami.

Blog Entries

Fire Emblem.It's a great game,and it was the first one in English,so bonus!The story is great,and there's three of them:

There is also a sort of create a character,which I love,and my inner fangirl loves,too.I then became a HectorxFE!Tactician shipper.

So,overall,I give it a 9/10.Docked because Nergal's freaky injured eye.*shiver*

EDIT:Thanks for reminding me..I tend to go over board with descriptions...
    Last edited by Shinehollow; 7th September 2014 at 06:27 PM.

"I'm really feeling it!" Chibster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Chibster on Tumblr Visit Chibster's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Find the computer room! View Post

So,overall,I give it a 9/10.Docked because Nergal's freaky injured eye.*shiver*
    Um, I'm not trying to be rude, but your summaries of Lyn's, Eliwood's and Hector's stories are kind of spoiler-y. Lucky for me, I've already played FE7, but you should put anything that is from further on in the game in spoiler tags. Summarizing a game isn't the same as reviewing it, you know. xD
    Last edited by Chibster; 5th September 2014 at 04:54 PM.
    It's me, kyogre545! 3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Gin (GNG), Inuyasha, Edward Elric, Vash the Stampede, Makoto Tachibana, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll,, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days
    FS: Metang Klefki Ferroseed
    Join my clubs! ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!

♦ bloodshed ♦ Neoblade's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright

8.3/10

I quite enjoyed it, but I think I prefer regular Ace Attorney games. Not going into a review right now.

Mega Man X

8/10

I decided to take a break from the newer games I have to something I am more familiar with. This is a game I first played when I was 6 or 7 years old, and I remember not liking it too much back then because it was too hard. XD I beat it when I was a lot older, and now it is one of my favorite games of all time. However, it isn't perfect.

From a gameplay point of view, it is awesome! Everything just moves so fluidly and a few of the levels had some gimmicks that made the game ultra fun, instead of making them unbearable to play (unlike future games, but now is not the time for that). The soundtrack is amazing and I enjoy listening to the themes even when I am not playing this game. I don't think there is a single theme I hate in this game, and that makes me happy.

Now for the parts I don't care about. I don't care for the plot or tone. Like, at all. I hate how depressing the ending is, and I hate how this game is supposedly set in the future of the classic series, a series known for its fun and colorful world. Because of that, my headcanons dictate that this is an alternate future, not the future of the classic games. I can see why fans of the classic games do not like this spin-off, and I don't blame them for not wanting to play it. The plot gets even worse and worse as time goes on, and so do the games, but I am just talking about the first game so I'll get into it later. The bosses in this game and future X games are also a little forgettable. I don't care for the animal theming and none of them seem to have any personality except just to be there and get killed. Oh yeah, killing is done in these games. Lots of it. It frickin' sucks, and that is why consider it an alternate future, and no one can change my mind on that.

Regardless of the terrible ending and overall plot, it is still a good game and I enjoy it for what it offers to those who just like to play games. It's such a shame that it starts off big and gradually decreases in quality.
    Last edited by ocelotl; 7th September 2014 at 12:46 PM.

Under partial construction. Collecting what I like.

Kid Icarus Uprising. 8/10.

+ Funny dialogue
    + Memorable characters
    + Great music
    + Fun bosses
    + Meaty in content

- Gameplay is okay at best
    - Controls are terribad
    - The dev team clearly had no idea what to do with the story of this game. It is a mess

Minion of the Damned cityvillain's Avatar

Shin Megami Tensei: Soul Hackers (3DS) 6/10

I'm a huge SMT fan. Since the first time I've played Nocturne in PS2, I instantly became a fan of the franchise. Soul Hackers in somehow a different take to the SMT. My initial impression was I thought the game kinda look dull. I don't find any of the characters likable or memorable. Nemissa was extremely annoying. I also find the storyline to be weak. But my biggest disappointment from the game is the lack of choices an openness the franchise is known for. Soul Hackers is very straightforward compare to other SMT games (including Persona). It's short too. The trademark, demon system, is present in the game but nothing special. The setting is okay, I love the semi futuristic vibe of the Amami city and the Paradigm X. My favorite part and probably the only thing I like about the game is the music. Fortunately, Soul Hackers still has the consistently great music from all SMT games. Let me tell you, the intro music to this game is fantastic. Overall, the game is good enough to keep my interest from start to finish. Difficulty is okay, you can actually switch the difficulty to any mode at any time of the game. Good game, it just felt lacking and underwhelming.
    Kenta's Pokemon Party

Blog Entries

Just finished TLoZ: Wind Waker HD, so...

Music and visuals: This game is incredibly good in this front, especially in the visuals department (ever though it can look a bit too cartoony at times.) My favourite peices of music, for example, are the title theme, Dragon Roost Island's theme and the theme of the Wind Temple's boss (forgot it's name.) As for the visuals, I'd say the Wind Temple, the Forest Sanctuary and the dungeon on Dragon Roost Island are some of the more beautiful spots in the game.

As for the actual gameplay, it varied. For example, late in the game there are two dungeons where you have to guide a character through these dungeons, the Earth Temple and the Wind Temple. The Earth Temple is my favourite dungeon in the game thanks to the interesting puzzles that involve the use of your companion for the dungeon, Medli (and the fact that she's not useless.) ...However, it also has a boss that is incredibly easy if,like me, you had the Hurricans Spin. The Wind Temple, however, is my absolute least favourite dungeon in the game thanks to it taking all that was good about the Earth Temple and s***ing on it with an useless companion who makes really annoying sounds whenever he moves, annooying as f*** puzzles and... My favourite boss battle in the game? Yeah, the worst dungeon in the game has the best boss... That's all I have to say on the gameplay front.

The story, at first, is a bit different from the regular "Zelda gets kidnaped, go save her while gathering the Triforce" that others in the series have, insted having the first half of the game dedicated to having Lnk save his sister (it's not that different, but close enough.) I personally like this touch, and I don't mind that it becomes a "save Zelda" deal in the end... That's all I have to say here.

Overall, I'd say that while Wind Waker has good points, it also has bad ones... Though I think that the good points mostly outweigh the bad ones, so I give this game my BadAss rating of It's Plain Good (8/10).
    Bulbagarden Battle league Fire Elite Four member and Fairy Gym Leader (THIS IMPLIES NOTHING!!!)

Claims: Zorua, Night daze, Stance change, Yami (Okami,) Shantae and the songs Don't Ever Forget (aka. I Don't Want To Say Goodbye)-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky and Rising Sun (aka. The Sun Rises)-Okami.

Megaman Starforce 3: Black Ace

I loved the last game in the series, so when i finally picked this one up after years of searching for it, i just had to get it. and my money was well spent. While the base gameplay is the same, i love how much quicker the battles and the battle system are. It's much easier and faster to pick up and play this game. And i love the Noise Change combat system. it adds a new, random layer of gameplay that can definitely add replayability, what with trying to get all the possible Noise Forms. The story is pretty good as well. While the writing itself is still pretty corny and cheesy, and is clearly trying to get its messages across, the game still stands strong with its fun characters and dialogue. I certainly think it's an improvement over the past games' stories, since we get to see these characters start to grow and mature the most in this game. My only complaints are the graphics, settings, and the length. With the 3rd game in the series, you'd think they would have more opportunity to update and improve on the game's look. but these graphics are the same as the past games. Since there aren't that many locations to travel to in this game, there isn't much creativity in the world. It gets repetitive going to the same place over and over again. While i still haven't done much of the postgame stuff yet, the game only took me 15 hours to complete the main story. That's short for an RPG.

So to sum up:

+Fun gameplay
    +memorable characters
    +great story

-short length
    -dated graphics

7/10. It's definitely worth checking out, especially if you're a Megaman fan, but those looking for a hard, long RPG should probably skip it.
    Well, that happened.

Blog Entries

Greetings, fellow forum-goers,
    Child of Liglt, I have been playing.
    In fact, I've just finished it,
    So I thought I'd give it a rating.

...Anyway, with obligatory rhymne out of the way, let's start this rating of with the presentation, shall we?

Art Style:

Well, firstly, the art style in this game is definately what sold it for me. As for what the style actually is, it's similar to Okaim in that it looks like you are playing a painting... I hope I got across what I was trying to convay there... Anyway, the main area where it differs from Okami is that, while Okami's are style is that of a Japanesse painting, Child of Light has you playing through a little kid's story book. That's as much as I'm going to go into on the art style, though I implore you to look up a screenshot or ten to see how beautifull it is for yourself. Oh, and I give the art style a 10/10.

Music:

As for the music, this is another of the game's strong points, psyching you up for a battle-even a regular encounter-or making you shed as tear at just the right moments. If you doubt my claim, then just listen to the regular battle theme. Not convinced yet? Well, how about this track that plays at a spoilerific time in the story. Still not convinced yet? Well, off to the insanity wards with you.

...However, there is one small fault with the music: since most of the themes use similar instruments, they can get a bit repeditve. Anyway, with all things music adressed, I'd give it a 9.5/10.

...Before I move on from presentation, however, there is one thing I would like to adress: almost every single peice of daiolouge rhymes in this game. As for wheather that is good or bad, it really depends on the person, but as for me, ti made the illusion of playing through a kid's story book all the more beleiveable, so I'd say that I liked it. I also liked how some of the cutscenes are narrated by an actual voice actor-the only one in the game-because it gives me the impression of a mother reading to her son/daughter.

Story:

The story in this game, while not the best I've seen from an RPG, is another one of those child's story book kind of things, and I have mixed feelings about that. On the one hand, you have that story book effect, but as a result of that you get a story that's kinda predictable, and I'm not really a fan of that. However, for me, the story book aspect takes priority once again, though it does loose a few points bvecause of the aforementioned predictability. As for the story itself, it's pretty much RPG story 101: Aurora, the main protagonist, dies and wakes up in a strange fantasy world and sets out on a quest to save it, picking up various companions along the way... I won't reveal any more than that because SPOILER ALERT!!!

Anyway, as for my rating on the story, I'd say... 8.9/10

Gameplay

As for the bare-bones gameplay, it's your standard turn-based RPG fare; go from place to place and helping out the people there, mostly by fighting monsers-err, 'Dark Creatures.' It does differ in a few key ways from the norm, however. One such way is that it isn't exactly turn-based per say, insted opting for the Timeline mechanic... I go in really deep here, so I'm just going to put in this spoiler:

Anyway, Ig... Ignic... Igniculus is another feature that makes this game unique. The gimmic with this little firefly is that, while in the overworld, he can do various things like opening faraway chests, holding enemies (which are not actually random encounters BTW) and activating special switches. And he can pass through walls. However, his true strength lies in battle. In battle, he can do one of two things, slowing down the enemies on the Timeline and, as if that wasn't OP enough, he can heal you without you having to use any healing item/skills. Unfortunately, he does run out of juice fairly quickly, but he does automaticly recharge.

Anyway, enough about battles and on to the things that make the overworld different. Firstly, you can fly. Because logic. Secondly, they made it 2D. Thirdly, they put in lots of secrets (and I mean LOTS of secrets)... That's really all I have to say on the overworld.

As for gameplay as a whole, I'm going to give it a 9/10.

Final Results

All-in-all, I'd say that Child of Light is definately a good game,
    If you havn't played it yet, that's a real shame.
    ...Even if it is a bit short for an RPG.
    So, my overall BadAss rating would be...

It's Plain Good (8.9/10)
    Last edited by BadAssGardevoir; 22nd October 2014 at 07:21 AM.

Mario Kart 8. Absolutely gorgeous, terrific gameplay and great musics. The roster is questionable, though, but I am excited for the Animal Crossing DLC, at least.

9.5/10 Would buy it again.

=^____^= Baf's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Bully (PS2) Mini Review

Graphics - better than any of Rockstar's earlier PS2 games, the characters and environments are better defined than any previous GTA game.
    Music - Solid OST, all songs are composed fro the game, no outside music. Covers a wide range of genres, very suitible for the mood and direction of the game.
    Voice Acting - Generally fine, you tend to hear the same lines over and over again, but it was a limited console. The sound quality is fine, but compared to games amde now, kinda of poor.
    Controls - Standard, fine.
    Gameplay - Great variety in missions, obviously it's a combat game at heart so most of the missions involve fighting at some stage, but there is also stealth, races, mini games, button mashers, puzzle, shooting, etc
    Storyline - Rockstar always have a compelling storyline, and I still love Bully after all these years. Decent character progression, storyline is generally cohesive, it's a fun storyline.

Pros - Good comabt, customiziation, fun story and missions
    Cons - Tend to hear a lot fo the dialogue repeated from NPCs, NPCs are generally one-dimensional

Nevertheless, 10/10
    [~_~]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234