Rate the last game you played - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rate the last game you played

Follow Snarl on Tumblr

Default Re: Rate the last game you played

Grand Theft Auto 5 - 8/10

Being more of a Saint's Row guy, the pressure from my friend got me to try this out. The story is amazing, there's no doubt about that. The characters feel real as does the world, the only thing that doesn't give it a 10 is the gameplay. It's fun and shit, but controls feel too clunky in air vehicles and even just getting to the right cover when being shot at could equal you dying once or twice, lmao. Plus the police could do with some nixing, they're way too OP and take the fun out of free roam. Most of the love goes to the three main characters though, it sucks now that its over.

the king of nothing ; with a broken crown.

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Better late than never, eh? Before getting carried away by the 3DS hype, I still managed to finish this one. I was positively surprised by the inclusion of voice acting and anime sequences, something I hadn't seen on a DS game before (though I did find voice acting in FFIV which I started more or less at the same time - talk about coincidence!). Other than that, I enjoyed the simple story and the atmosphere, which slightly reminded me of Miyazaki's works. As for the meat of the game, the puzzles... I can't say I loved them, as I found them boring especially during a lull that existed midgame. I don't know, maybe I wasn't being sharp enough but most were tedious (exclude options) and/or trial and error instead of offering a challenge of logic. For that, I will give the game 7/10, and I hope that the sequels improve on this, even if they have been released ages ago. :P

Final Fantasy VI. Truly a lovely game. God tier soundtrack. God tier antagonist. Fun characters. Also god tier protagonist (Terra, I mean). Great graphics for its time. The only thing I don't like that much is the battle system. It isn't bad, but there are far better battle systems in the Final Fantasy series. But still, amazing experience. Lastly, Dancing Mad has to be one of the most pumping final boss themes out there. 10/10.

Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call

19/10 guys, this game is amazing.
    You think you don't have a life now? No no, compared to having this game, you have somewhat of a life now. But once you get this game, once you hold it and let it seduce you, then you forfeit that life. Nothing. You will have nothing, but an increasingly difficult urge to ignore. Play me, play me, play me.

One.More.Crown.
    I'm the essence of
    daydreamer. time-waster. black and white painter.
    in an upside-down world.
    eyes closed. dreams unfold. ascending realities; open to me.

Friend code: 1306-6423-3472 | Friend safari: Flying | Instagram: themuslimvegan|

Earthbound 8.2 - 9.1

Story was great, each charachter building area enemy or NPC was unique. Combat was unique, and the music was all around amazing.
    Overall, if you haven't played this classic, you should.

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance - 9/10

Out of all of the Fire Emblem games I've played (4, 7, 8, and 13 being the others I've played), this one is absolutely my favorite. It has good amounts of strategy, ways to catch up characters if you really need it, which is also based off of how well you do in missions. The story is one of the simpler ones, making it one of my favorites storywise. It has frustrated me, but in a good way. I needed to figure out how to outsmart the game. How to make my units unbeatable.

Absolutely fantastic. If you like Fire Emblem, you should play it. If you've never played Fire Emblem, you should play it.

I just got a Playstation 2, since I hear it is just an updated version of the original Playstation. I have never owned a Playstation console before (oh my God, I'm such blasphemous fiend!!). I have a PSP, but I've never owned a console to hook up to the TV. Anyways, I got a PS2 at a flea market and bought some games for it.

I am currently playing Crash Bandicoot. This is the first time I have ever played that game, and I really like it. I am a sucker for cute, light-hearted platforming fun. It doesn't seem like it is there to take itself seriously, which I like. Nothing grotesque or eye-roll inducing. Just good fun.

9/10

Follow Snarl on Tumblr

7/10 goes to Trap Master.

It's an online flash game I think, you can play from a couple monsters and you gotta protect your "precious Doom Chest" from Indy these raider guys. Set up traps, upgrades, blah blah. It loses points for being kinda repetitive and gets boring after about wave 20, but I keep coming back to it when I'm bored so it's always cool for killing time.

As for a real game, good ol' Mega Bomberman on the Sega Megadrive. 10/10 so hilarious and stunning.

the king of nothing ; with a broken crown.

Returning to Hoenn LavenderTownGhost's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The last most recent game I played was Mario and Sonic at the London Olympic Games. I give it a 8/10, pretty fun and good family entertainment.
    "Halloween is every day!" -Sharon Needles

Banner made by Instrutilus

Quote Originally Posted by snowlioness87 View Post
    I just got a Playstation 2, since I hear it is just an updated version of the original Playstation.
    It is not. It is a completely different system with different games. Congratulations, anyway, you got one of (if not) the best video game consoles ever created.

Anyway, last game I finished was Kirby's Nightmare in Dreamland. Cute, but absurdly repetitive and boring. I give it a 4/10.

Happy Holidays! Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

I finally got around to finishing Dual Destinies, and I'd give it a 8/10. I love the characters, and the story entirely I just feel the final culprit was a bit of a letdown. I do love how the trials tied in with one another though. So overall it's a fantastic game worth every penny spent on it.
    X: Dolce, αS: Nina
    FC: 4554 - 1270 - 5039

Merry Christmas :D BadAssGardevoir's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okami (Wii version)-9.99/10

Great game. Beautiful art, beautiful music, good story, awesome game mechanic in the form of the Celestial Brush and great gameplay. The only ways this game disapoints slightly is A: the fact that the Celestial Brush uses the Wii's pointer can make it hard to use your techneques (it tends to argue with you as to what defines a circle for example) and B: the Reflector weapon type can be hard to use as a main weapon (though it's quite efective as a sub weapon) and the Glaive I find hard to use in genrel, though those are only slight disapointments. If you're into Japanese RPGs, Zelda (particularly Twilight Princess) or just a good game then GO BY THIS GAME!!! Also, it's on the PS2 and PS3 incase you're not a Nintendo fanboy like me.
    Bulbagarden Battle league Fairy Gym Leader (THIS IMPLIES NOTHING!!!)

Claims: Zorua, Night daze, Stance change, Yami (Okami), Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Monado (Xenoblade Chronicles), the Celestial Brush (Okami), the Godbird's Soulstone (Dragon Quest: Journey of the Cursed King), the Stealth Claws (Kid Icarus: Uprising) and the songs Don't Ever Forget (Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky) and Rising Sun (Okami).

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

Virtue's Last Reward

If I were to limit this review to one phrase, I would say that Zero Escape managed to mindfuck me again.

Starting with the technicalities. I enjoyed the use of the 3D models, although I sorta missed the "drawn" CGs for some of the key moments, where they mostly used 3D ones instead. The music was nice as per usual and the Japanese voice acting (my version was European) was top-notch. The use of 3D was okay, it didn't make me go "wow", but it was a decent option for those who enjoy that functionality in the 3DS.

I can't get into the story too much, for otherwise I will risk spoiling others, so I'll just say that it was twisty and at times very emotional (two words: Luna's Route), but above all else it was rather well written, in my opinion. The puzzle segments were a nice evolution compared to 999's, as they offered more of a challenge and there was no need to repeat them, unless you wanted to collect the golden files present in each segment that reward you with some extra info on the setting and allowed you to unlock an extra ending.

In addition, it was both nice and depressing to see old characters return, but actually one of my complaints regarding the game goes back to one those - Clover. I never liked her much in 999, mostly due to personal preference, but in VLR she felt unnecessary and dumbed down, almost as if she were only present for the fanservice. At least she provided the occasional giggle. Speaking of things 999 did better, I can't help but feel like VLR's atmosphere was inferior. Perhaps it was the use of colours (they felt a bit too washed down to me, in comparison to 999's), or the lack of slight horror elements. Funnily enough, those elements were my biggest turn off before playing 999, but now I understand that they added a good deal of tension and a sense of urgency that quite worked well.

All in all, Virtue's Last Reward a very good Visual Novel blended nicely with puzzles that make it more interactive; however, it begs for a sequel to answer some questions, and if it never gets one its value might decrease. I give it 8/10.

backloggery ~ 3DS FC: 2595-2044-6030 ~ tumblr