Question About the Nintendo 3DS

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Araragi-hakase

Thread: Question About the Nintendo 3DS

Wild Jessi has appeared! ElectricPiilot's Avatar

Question Question About the Nintendo 3DS

Hello trainers.. o.o I currently have a Nintendo DS from the year 2006, but I'm definitely planning on upgrading within the next 2 months (I hope) to a 3DS.
    I have a question, however.

Does the 3DS XL have any kind of winning edge over the standard 3DS? I have an eyesight condition where concentrating my immediate line of vision on too small of an area will make me cross-eyed. I tried out a 3DS when Nintendo had visited the mall nearest to my apartment, anddd yeah. I went a little cross-eyed, but mostly because of the 3D feature.
    I know that this can be turned off, however, so I won't have an issue actually getting the standard 3DS...

I was just hoping to get some comparisons over the two.
    Thanks... And sorry for the long post. ;__; I rambled.

Blog Entries
    Follow ghaskan On Twitter
    Follow ghaskan on Tumblr

Default Re: Question About the Nintendo 3DS

I haven't purchased any 3DS console yet, although I plan to, but I'll leave this here anyway since it might help: Nintendo 2DS vs. 3DS and 3DS XL: The specs your decision should hinge on | Games | Geek.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ElectricPiilot View Post
    Hello trainers.. o.o I currently have a Nintendo DS from the year 2006, but I'm definitely planning on upgrading within the next 2 months (I hope) to a 3DS.
    I have a question, however.

Does the 3DS XL have any kind of winning edge over the standard 3DS? I have an eyesight condition where concentrating my immediate line of vision on too small of an area will make me cross-eyed. I tried out a 3DS when Nintendo had visited the mall nearest to my apartment, anddd yeah. I went a little cross-eyed, but mostly because of the 3D feature.
    I know that this can be turned off, however, so I won't have an issue actually getting the standard 3DS...

I was just hoping to get some comparisons over the two.
    Thanks... And sorry for the long post. ;__; I rambled.
    i would get the xl because a lot of people including my self have found out when they use the 3d feature the screen on the original 3ds is far to small to for it + the screen is roughly 90 perecent on the xl and the battery life is slightly better

Caught in a lab romance~ Araragi-hakase's Avatar Head Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Araragi-hakase On Twitter
    Follow Araragi-hakase on Tumblr

Here's a picture I took of my 3DS XL and regular DS when I was transferring the data over after I got my Pikachu one, for comparison -

The screens on the XL are MUCH larger, I have a hard time going back to my smaller one if I use it for whatever reason.

And you don't have to have the 3D on. I always keep mine off, personally.
    Leggo likes this.

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

I myself personally find the bigger screens less of a strain on my eyes and easier to deal with. Plus the battery life is always a plus, so I would recommend the XL.

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station
    "There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable."

Blog Entries

If you have bigger hands, it may also help to get the XL - I can imagine in certain games getting hand cramps rather easily.

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

As others have said, there's a big difference. I've found that although I was reluctant about the size and aesthetics of the XL at first, getting one was a very good choice. The corners are gentler on my palms when I play longer than a few minutes, the larger screens are much better for my eyes and for gameplay and the battery life is definitely noticeably better in my experience. I don't often have the 3D on, but for me it does line up easier with the bigger screen as the sweet spot seems to be a fair bit bigger, should you ever decide to try the 3D if only for a cinematic or something. Playing for a long time is much easier on the XL even with my small hands because I find my hands aren't getting stiff from being scrunched round the console so much.

Really, I wish I'd just got an XL first now. I cannot bear to use a normal 3DS just with the screen size difference. It's won me over entirely after how much I initially hated the look of it.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Sorry if this is slightly off topic but I don't know of a better (recent) thread to post in for this question. But does anyone know how long the Pokemon X / Y 3DS XLs will be out? They're limited edition and I've never paid attention to limited edition things for video games so I don't know if that means they're available for the rest of 2013 or what... And I can't find any dates on Google besides their release date.

I miiight have some money to buy one by the end of the month / November but I'm just not sure. :c I really hate that they're limited edition; it'd be so easier for me to buy one in 2014.
    Platinum - Kouki: 0906 5004 9697
    SoulSilver - Duo: 0689 7605 8729
    Black - Kou: 1850 1117 9840
    Black 2 - Leia: 4642 7760 5412

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cyberdramon64 View Post
    Sorry if this is slightly off topic but I don't know of a better (recent) thread to post in for this question. But does anyone know how long the Pokemon X / Y 3DS XLs will be out? They're limited edition and I've never paid attention to limited edition things for video games so I don't know if that means they're available for the rest of 2013 or what... And I can't find any dates on Google besides their release date.

I miiight have some money to buy one by the end of the month / November but I'm just not sure. :c I really hate that they're limited edition; it'd be so easier for me to buy one in 2014.
    It was a limited edition console which mean only a certain number were made and after they sell out there are none left for the pikachu3ds xl it was like 250,000 to 500,000 for the us so there most likely gone by now however you could try ebay however you would probably have to sell a kidney to buy one new now