Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Blog Entries

Default Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Really, really, really want to see either Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon in this.

I don't care if they are pretty much dead now. They were my PS1 childhood history and they were pretty significnant Playstation platforming icons, especially Crash.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Really, really, really want to see either Crash Bandicoot or Spyro the Dragon in this.

I don't care if they are pretty much dead now. They were my PS1 childhood history and they were pretty significnant Playstation platforming icons, especially Crash.
    Sir Daniel Fortesque was PS1 and fans didn't forget about him so they mentioned him in the forums I guess and one day I was browsing youtube........I see that Sir Daniel Fortesque has a trailer for the game and is a confirmed character. But really Crash and Spyro are the PS Mascots. The first PS mascots way before Jak and Ratchet were so it's also confusing me on why Crash and Sypro are not confirmed yet. But Glitch and Leonard might have a chance of making an appearance. Hey uh my blog about playstation all-stars is ready. Can you read it?

So the full launch lineup has been revealed, no more new ones, unless they're doing DLC.

Thoughts?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FourCartridge View Post
    So the full launch lineup has been revealed, no more new ones, unless they're doing DLC.

Thoughts?
    Why are we getting another Cole? Do fighting games not understand the dangers of time paradoxes when adding different versions of an already-existing character?

Blog Entries

There's two Coles!? If they were doing two of the same people why didn't they have a Dark Jak and a Light Jak separately? Even though that doesn't make sense but I hope you know what I mean.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    But a Tekken rep, as well as Big Daddy from Bioshock, was added to the roster, depsite the series going multi-platform like Resident Evil. So really, the idea of choosing only third-party characters who are closer to Sony is invalid.
    Keep in mind that the "rules" here are probably different compared to Smash since Sony doesn't have much in-house development like Nintendo does. They've chosen series that are either PS exclusives or have a history of being PS exclusives. Tekken was ported exclusively to PS consoles pre Tekken 6. Big Daddy's inclusion was quite strange though. I'd guess it's partly because of what you mentioned and partly because he's popular.

I'd say that people associate Devil May Cry more with Playstation compared to Resident Evil since RE's best game was a Gamecube exclusive. Dante's also probably more apt for the game than the RE cast.

And fwiw, I personally associate Tekken with arcades more than with Playstation.

Blog Entries

One of Cole's supers could be evil Cole. So that evil Cole should be removed. (A roster spot for Crash)
    That Dante want-to-be should be removed because there's MVC3 with The Real Dante. (A roster spot for Spyro)
    Also Nariko is just a female version of Kratos and a Ninja Theory ripoff. There's the spot for Glitch.

Zodiac Trainer VI PKMN Trainer Virgo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo On Twitter Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Facebook Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Google+ Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on MySpace
    Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Linkedin Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Tumblr Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Flickr Visit PKMN Trainer Virgo's Youtube Channel

I could see if they said Kessler instead of Evil Cole.....but that is just a wasted space on the roster.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

You can download the beta now. PS3 users tell us how it is.

Really interested to see how this game turns out rather than actually playing it. Big Smash Brothers Nintendo biased fan naturally but might give it a go if my friends let me play :P Are there any secret unlockable characters... It's a fighting game... Surely...

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post
    You can download the beta now. PS3 users tell us how it is.
    Here's what a PS3 user from My Nintendo News named TheDragon234 has to say:

"Okay….i played the Playstation Allstars beta…

No, just no, its just not a good game.
    1. The gameplay is just awkward, there is literally no skill involved, you cant dash, grab, do specials, the lack of smash attacks leaves it without that risk/reward moves, blocks dont diminish, and as far as im aware cant be brroken, and the whole super meter thing just does work.
    2. There is literally no charm in this game. At all. It’s just…dull. The music..is shit. The menu looks like…shit. The fucking announcer is an annoying cunt.
    3. The online, is probably on par with Brawl, as far as my personal experience goes. Also, i randomly ended up being Kratos a couple of times, when i chose Sly.
    4. There is no nostalgia in this game. None.
    I like and want new characters from recent years in Smash Bros, but the fact is, aside from Sir Daniel, there are no classic characters that people care about. No Crash, no Spyro, no Snake, no Cloud, no Lara, no Alucard, they have new Dante when nobody even likes him.

I guess lack of originality never really does pay off. Not buying, waiting for Smash Bros 4"

Here's the source: http://mynintendonews.com/2012/10/23/upcoming-console-game-to-mark-the-very-first-interaction-between-disney-pixar-characters/#comment-344257

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Muggins View Post
    Are there any secret unlockable characters... It's a fighting game... Surely...
    Given the fact that this is a competitive game, I doubt it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    1. The gameplay is just awkward, there is literally no skill involved, you cant dash, grab, do specials, the lack of smash attacks leaves it without that risk/reward moves, blocks dont diminish, and as far as im aware cant be brroken, and the whole super meter thing just does work.
    I looked on the Shoryuken thread and got different opinions than this. Spacing is important in this game, and there's even a zoning character, Radec, in the beta. Making good reads and evasion are also important. I think this commentor is trying to play the game like Smash. This isn't Smash. Frankly this is much closer to a traditional tournament fighter rather than an arena fighter.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I played the Beta and, wow, I didn't have any fun with it. :(

I don't think that's a problem with the game itself though just that, as Shinobu said, the game is far more "traditional" than Smash and not as intuitive...it's really hard to jump into a 4 vs. 4 match without any practice (there's a basic tutorial mode, but it doesn't help you beyond basic controls) and understand what's going on, and the camera doesn't help since the characters don't stand out and it doesn't zoom in on the action like in Smash. I'm sure the full game will be better since you'll have single matches and such to practice, as well as training modes.

Add Yu Narukami on Facebook

-Makes a game called playstation all-stars
    -puts parappa in it,but not crash,and spyro....
    Ghetsis-Dennis likes this.

"Persona!"

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Ganta Igarashi View Post
    -Makes a game called playstation all-stars
    -puts parappa in it,but not crash,and spyro....
    Those omissions still puzzle me. Both those franchises are now owned by Activision. Perhaps there were issues with licensing that prevented those characters from being in the game.

Parappa was a necessary addition to the roster, though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast