Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Default Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

So, who's interested in this game? I don't have a PS3 or Vita but I'm interested in seeing thoughts from those who do.

The last I heard any substantial updates was back in July, and the game had some big problems back then. Hopefully those were fixed.

This game is supposed to appeal to competitive players. I wonder how well it will be received.
    Last edited by Shinobu; 26th September 2012 at 12:25 PM.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale

Have you also seen the complete roster list of the beta version (or was it alpha)? Mega Man, as well as any of the characters from Street Fighter and Resident Evil surprisingly, was once again not included as Capcom's rep and was instead used by the emo-haired Dante from the backlashed DMC reboot. Jak & Daxter's inclusion on the roster would really make @elec-boy; happy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Have you also seen the complete roster list of the beta version (or was it alpha)? Mega Man, as well as any of the characters from Street Fighter and Resident Evil surprisingly, was once again not included as Capcom's rep and was instead used by the emo-haired Dante from the backlashed DMC reboot. Jak & Daxter's inclusion on the roster would really make @elec-boy; happy.
    Yes I am happy about Jak and Daxter getting spotlight on the ps3 :D

Zodiac Trainer VI PKMN Trainer Virgo's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo On Twitter Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Facebook Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Google+ Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on MySpace
    Add PKMN Trainer Virgo on Linkedin Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Tumblr Follow PKMN Trainer Virgo on Flickr Visit PKMN Trainer Virgo's Youtube Channel

1) Lol that ain't Dante and I'll defend that to the grave....really isn't did a blog on that but no one cared :(
    2) About time Ratchet & Clank gets a chance to whoop Jak & Daxter in combat
    3) Getting that game :D

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Have you also seen the complete roster list of the beta version (or was it alpha)? Mega Man, as well as any of the characters from Street Fighter and Resident Evil surprisingly, was once again not included as Capcom's rep and was instead used by the emo-haired Dante from the backlashed DMC reboot.
    Street Fighter and Megaman doesn't really have a particular history with Playstation, and Devil May Cry doesn't either. Resident Evil sort of does, so I see why you're surprised by its exclusion. I wonder if the MvC characters we excluded, with Dante being in there because his design is different.

Blog Entries

Follow FinalArcadia on Tumblr Visit FinalArcadia's Youtube Channel

The first three Devil May Cry games were originally only available on Playstation 2, so I can kind of understand how that series would have a link with Sony. Whereas Resident Evil has had Gamecube, Wii, and Dreamcast installments, so in that way, it (to me, anyway) feels like it has less of a tie to Playstation as a whole.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by FinalArcadia View Post
    The first three Devil May Cry games were originally only available on Playstation 2, so I can kind of understand how that series would have a link with Sony. Whereas Resident Evil has had Gamecube, Wii, and Dreamcast installments, so in that way, it (to me, anyway) feels like it has less of a tie to Playstation as a whole.
    Oh right. I mistakenly thought they were multiplatform at release.

Blog Entries

Visit Orion's Youtube Channel

If I ever do get this game, it'll only be for Sweet Tooth.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

But a Tekken rep, as well as Big Daddy from Bioshock, was added to the roster, depsite the series going multi-platform like Resident Evil. So really, the idea of choosing only third-party characters who are closer to Sony is invalid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis
    But a Tekken rep, as well as Big Daddy from Bioshock, was added to the roster, depsite the series going multi-platform like Resident Evil. So really, the idea of choosing only third-party characters who are closer to Sony is invalid.
    I can't speak for Bioshock, but Tekken is traditionally a Playstation series. Tag Tournament 2 is available on the Xbox 360 as well and will be released on Wii U, but prior to that (with the exception of 6 maybe, I can't remember since I have the PS3 version) Tekken has pretty much solely been available on Playstation. So again, that is a series that I can understand the association with Sony to warrant a representative.

Bioshock I know little about, so I really can't say much on that one.

I'm not sure why Resident Evil can't have a rep here. It could be how multi-platform the series has been since Dreamcast days. But maybe it's a battle style issue. If Dante from Devil May Cry is already present, perhaps they don't want too many gun-wielding playable characters.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Bioshock I know little about, so I really can't say much on that one.
    It first came out for the 360 and PC before getting a PS3 version the year after that.

I'm not sure why Resident Evil can't have a rep here. It could be how multi-platform the series has been since Dreamcast days. But maybe it's a battle style issue. If Dante from Devil May Cry is already present, perhaps they don't want too many gun-wielding playable characters.
    Or perhaps they're going over the one rep per third party company rule like Sakurai did with Snake and Sonic and not adding a member of the Belmont family or Shadow the Hedgehog.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis
    It first came out for the 360 and PC before getting a PS3 version the year after that.
    Ah... In that case, I guess the multi-platform theory about a lack of a Resident Evil inclusion kind of fails. Knowing that information, the inclusion of Big Daddy at all is really strange, coming from a series that didn't even initially start on PS3, and had a much later release on it.

Or perhaps they're going over the one rep per third party company rule like Sakurai did with Snake and Sonic and not adding a member of the Belmont family or Shadow the Hedgehog.
    The "one rep per third party company" could be a valid reason. Looking at the current confirmed roster for the game, that seems possible. I'm personally not a huge fan of that sort of restriction, but I can understand why they might do such a thing.

Including Dante over a Resident Evil character would be smarter marketing on Capcom's part, with the mixed reactions Dmc has received. Getting some more publicity/awareness might be a reason for that version of Dante being included.

Blog Entries

I'm surprised to see Sir Daniel Fortesque on the character roster. But I seen rumors of Sora as DLC for this. It can happen, but there's the fact that Kingdom Hearts has been on the Gameboy and DS. So even though his game was for the PS at first, it then switched to DS all the way.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elec-boy View Post
    I'm surprised to see Sir Daniel Fortesque on the character roster.
    The skeleton knight from Medevil? It's been so long since I've seen a demo of his game. I thought everyone forgot about him.

But I seen rumors of Sora as DLC for this. It can happen, but there's the fact that Kingdom Hearts has been on the Gameboy and DS. So even though his game was for the PS at first, it then switched to DS all the way.
    Not to mention his association with Disney, who isn't a video game-based company (his keyblade has Mickey's head at the end of its chain), so Lightning from FFXIII will be the most likely SE candidate due to that live action trailer a year ago.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elec-boy View Post
    I'm surprised to see Sir Daniel Fortesque on the character roster.
    The skeleton knight from Medevil? It's been so long since I've seen a demo of his game. I thought everyone forgot about him.

But I seen rumors of Sora as DLC for this. It can happen, but there's the fact that Kingdom Hearts has been on the Gameboy and DS. So even though his game was for the PS at first, it then switched to DS all the way.
    Not to mention his association with Disney, who isn't a video game-based company (his keyblade has Mickey's head at the end of its chain), so Lightning from FFXIII will be the most likely SE candidate due to that live action trailer a year ago.
    Apparently no one forgets a awesome character.
    I would like to see Leonard or another pactmaker from WKC make an appearance. Especially Glitch from Metal Arms because no one has forgot about him or his game and when the game is mentioned, people say that it was awesome and wanted the second to be made.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast