Photoshop Question

Thread: Photoshop Question

Default Photoshop Question

gaaahhhh I seriously don't know if this is the right place to post this or if im even allowed to post a thread like this, but I have this serious question thats been bothering me for months now. I have photoshop elements 8, and whenever I click on the save for web button, NOTHING HAPPENS D:
    I don't know how to fix it or what caused it to do that, it has never worked for me. I click on it and then nothing happens as if i never clicked on it D:
    Its been bugging me forever, and I can't seem to get the stupid image to say with a transparent background even if I click on Transparent for the background when im first making it.

It would be wonderful if someone could help me ):
    HG FC:
    Monica
    2107 0865 8818
    D FC:
    Monica
    3826 0151 6105

Default Re: Photoshop Question

Ahh this is an ancient issue with Photoshop, the transparency thing...

As for 'save to web', it might be an option that's not enabled for your program? Maybe just 'Save As' then work out what you want to do with it after... I know the .PNG format saves transparency in most programs, but I'm not sure if uploading it keeps the transparency these days or not...

Sorry I can't be much help, I only have Elements 7 and I'm still learning about it - I used to use CS4 Photoshop 7, lol...

Default Re: Photoshop Question

I tried doing the save as thing, but it wasn't working for what I wanted to do, I was trying to make a little animation thing, and I looked up on the ps8 help area and it said to go to save for web or to save as and click gif or something, but I did that and what the help area said was gonna happen next, did not happen and it just didn't do anything but save the top layer..... so I looked around on different sites and one said to look at the plug-ins for ps, so I did, and the save for web plug-in was very much there, but it kept saying it was not compatible with ps even though it came with ps8.....
    ooo I will try the .PNG format. if that doesn't work, I guess i'll just reinstall it and see if it wants to work correctly.....
    :) lol Its ok, you did help me with the transparency thing.
    HG FC:
    Monica
    2107 0865 8818
    D FC:
    Monica
    3826 0151 6105