The Offiicial Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion! - Page 10
Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Offiicial Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion!

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyBoy210 View Post
    I'm expecting we'll be getting Wario's reveal soon if Nintendo has posted a screenshot of Ashley.
    Tuesday is actually the 20th Anniversary of Wario Land.

As well as when the first Smash was released in 1999.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Super Smash Bros. 3DS and Wii U Confirmed Information and Discussion Thread

Apparently Palutena is a newcomer and somebody somewhere leaked two pictures of her in the 3DS version of the game:

If it is a fake, it is a very good one, since her model is different in Kid Icarus Uprising (and Mario's 3DS model was never showed in that specific position).

Anyway, yay for another woman in Smash Bros!

Blog Entries

I dunno if it is real, but if so that would be the third female magic user in a row no wait D3
    Palutena has always been high on my Smash 4 wishlist :3

edit: Wait, I suppose she could always be an assist trophy but that wouldn't be as fun...
    Last edited by Gaga; 22nd January 2014 at 08:12 AM.

Blog Entries

Interesting, you can see her belt at the bottom has a Mario Power Star on it, which is a random element that a faker probably wouldn't do.

Reminds me of the Greninja leak honestly...

Move along, move along Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Sakurai is such a troll.

While reading some theories about Palutena in Smash Bros. I remember some people saying that, based on the screens, it was likely she would be a playable character because she has that outline all of the other playable characters have...

... And then Sakurai released this Pic of the Day. Granted, Alfonzo's outline seems much more jagged than outlines we've seen in other pictures (and even in this picture!), but that could partially be because of the overall screen quality of the 3DS, or maybe because of Alfonzo's depth distance on this stage. (It looks like Toon Link is in front of Alfonzo, so it would make sense for Alfonzo's outline to be smaller/not as smooth). Also, Sakurai mentioned that the outlines were customizable, and it's possible--possible--that he was including the outlines of background characters in that statement. Sure, these explanations are a bit of a stretch, and I don't disagree with you. But point is, background characters can have outlines, too.

And of course the day before (which iirc was the day after the Palutena rumor hit the online waves), Sakurai teased this Kid Icarus-related battle stage, and in the 3DS version of the game no less. (I see what you did there, Sakurai!)

And now, the PotD for today shows... a statue of the Goddess of Light "watching over the arena". (Oh, Sakurai... And interesting side bar, this is in the Wii U version of the game.) One's initial reaction might be to say this confirms Palutena is not in the game since she's instead a statue on a stage, but then people will bring up the R.O.B. statue from Port Town Aero Drive in Brawl.

So, what do I take from all this? ............ I want Subspace Emissary back. :(
    Last edited by Fairy Ice Ricky; 29th January 2014 at 06:15 AM.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X/Pokémon ΩR Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Blog Entries

In my honest opinion, today's picture showing Palutena's statue just further proves that she is indeed a playable character in SSB4, especially after the Spirit Train picture, with Alfonzo replacing Toon Link, released a few days ago. Samurai is just teasing the Smash fanbase, as usual. I expect her to be revealed in the next Nintendo Direct, but I might be wrong. Anyways, that reminds me of Samurai teasing Metroid fans about Ridley some months ago. He released a picture of Pyrosphere (a Metroid Other M-based stage) and he said the hole in the picture was too big (like the meme "Ridley is too big") lol. I hope we get Ridley as a playable character finally, though I don't have much hope about that happening.

Blog Entries

Honestly, I can do without SSE
    It was fun, for the first time. And mainly just a way of getting every character quickly.
    Afterwards, it was just there.

And it allegedly took up half the development time. And so I will blame it for the lack of Mewtwo in Brawl!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Reila View Post
    In my honest opinion, today's picture showing Palutena's statue just further proves that she is indeed a playable character in SSB4, especially after the Spirit Train picture, with Alfonzo replacing Toon Link, released a few days ago. Samurai is just teasing the Smash fanbase, as usual. I expect her to be revealed in the next Nintendo Direct, but I might be wrong. Anyways, that reminds me of Samurai teasing Metroid fans about Ridley some months ago. He released a picture of Pyrosphere (a Metroid Other M-based stage) and he said the hole in the picture was too big (like the meme "Ridley is too big") lol. I hope we get Ridley as a playable character finally, though I don't have much hope about that happening.
    You know, I was so focused on the fact that Alfonzo had an outline as a background character that I completely forgot that Toon Link will usually be in his spot. This obviously shows that Sakurai will put playable characters in the background when necessary/appropriate, and that this could extend to Palutena, as well. And if she is, in fact, a playable character, it would be interesting to see if her statue/that stage gets replaced when someone battles with her. I'm imagining something like a mix between Mushroomy Kingdom from Brawl and this Spirit Tracks stage from Smash 3DS--maybe using Palutena as a playable character would change that stage to a hell-like background with a different statue. That would be most interesting...

And sidebar--speaking of Nintendo Direct, I wonder why Nintendo hasn't announced one for January yet. I hope this doesn't mean that NDs are cancelled/indefinitely on hiatus...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaga View Post
    Honestly, I can do without SSE
    It was fun, for the first time. And mainly just a way of getting every character quickly.
    Afterwards, it was just there.

And it allegedly took up half the development time. And so I will blame it for the lack of Mewtwo in Brawl!
    But... the Emissary! :(

I guess I just remember having more fun with the one-player mode in Brawl than I did with the one-player modes in previous Smash games. Then again, I haven't played either the original or Melee's one-player move in a LONG time, so who knows how I would feel if I played them all now.

Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Blog Entries

I think SSE was indeed more fun than Melee's Adventure Mode. Smash 64 only had Classic mode and the stadium events.
    But SSE also took a lot more time and so I played it a lot less :P

Don't get me wrong, I would like 1P modes other than Classic/arcade.
    I specifically hope bosses will return, boss rushes are a staple of Kirby and it'd be nice for it to be the same for Smash since we have so many characters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Ricky View Post
    You know, I was so focused on the fact that Alfonzo had an outline as a background character that I completely forgot that Toon Link will usually be in his spot. This obviously shows that Sakurai will put playable characters in the background when necessary/appropriate, and that this could extend to Palutena, as well. And if she is, in fact, a playable character, it would be interesting to see if her statue/that stage gets replaced when someone battles with her. I'm imagining something like a mix between Mushroomy Kingdom from Brawl and this Spirit Tracks stage from Smash 3DS--maybe using Palutena as a playable character would change that stage to a hell-like background with a different statue. That would be most interesting...

And sidebar--speaking of Nintendo Direct, I wonder why Nintendo hasn't announced one for January yet. I hope this doesn't mean that NDs are cancelled/indefinitely on hiatus...
    About the bold part, it is kind of a Kid Icarus Uprising spoiler, so read it at your own risk:

So, in the end, the presence of the statue doesn't really points toward Palutena being playable or not in SSB4. But perhaps there will be a Toon Link/Alfonzo-like situation and Sakurai will replace Palutena's statue with one of Viridi, another goddess present in the Kid Icarus series. Of course, the fact Sakurai showed us this picture today, not so long after the leaked picutres of Palutena's SSB3DS model, makes me thing that not only she is indeed a playable character, but also that Sakurai reads internet boards, or at least the big ones, like neoGAF.

In regards of Nintendo Direct, I think they will announce one for February. There is a meeting tomorrow (or is it today? time zones are so complicated) where Iwata will apparently discuss the future of the Wii U and Nintendo overall, so that must be why no ND was announced yet. As you, I hope they are still a thing, because I really enjoy watching Nintendo Directs (just to be rather disappointed almost every time).

Blog Entries

I wouldn't be surprised at all if someone on Sakurai's team reads forums and relays it to Sakurai
    (or, indeed, if Sakurai himself reads them)

The number of possible "troll moments" from Sakurai is just too high to be a coincidence :P

Blog Entries

Lucario's back!

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

With Lucario officially revealed as part of the roster in the Smash bros game, the number of characters have gone up to 22. I wonder how many more we're going to get.

By the way, according to Sakurai's post on Miiverse, Lucario's aura is getting a power boost in this game, so get ready to drop those bombs, folks :)
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

So many people claiming Lucario would be removed from the series, so many people wrong. lol I am glad to see Lucario is back, it's an important and memorable character from the Pokémon franchise, so there was absolutely no reason to remove it from Smash Bros. Nice to see it is getting a power boost too. Such aura, so power! :) And both of its models are looking great, especially the 3DS one. By the way, I hope Mewtwo is back as well. I am not really a fan of the legendary, but I think removing it from Brawl was just dumb. And they should give both Lucario and Mewtwo their respective mega evolutions, perhaps as their final smashes. That would be a problem for Mewtwo tho, since it have two megas...
    Last edited by Reila; 31st January 2014 at 09:14 AM.

Blog Entries

LUCARIO IS BACK!!!! I loved Lucario in Brawl, and I bet I'll love Lucario in SSB4. And if they bring back Ike and Snake I'll be an even happier camper! Sidebar, I do hope Jigglypuff is back, if only because it's been in every game up to this point. But I don't actually care about it, haha.

And this is me just throwing some ideas out there, but I think if Mewtwo returned they would find a way to implement both Mega Evolutions. I can see Mewtwo either alternating between Mega Mewtwo X & Y after picking up the Smash Ball (kind of like Samus's/Zero Suit Samus's Final Smashes), or even Mewtwo randomly changing into either MMX or MMY after getting the Smash Ball. It would also be interesting if Lucario & Mewtwo had a special Mega Stone item added into Brawl that would allow them to change into Mega Evolution form, at least for their Final Smash. And then their Final Smash would be affected by whether or not this item has been used/picked. They could simply make Mega Stone X and Mega Stone Y, and make Lucario have the same effect with either one, and Mewtwo with different effects. The item could still affect the other players, just in a different way. (Or they can make the Mega Stone thing (work like) stickers... ooh!)

Another thing to consider is that (at least for now) MMY has had more publicity/exposure than MMX, so if they decide to only implement one Mega Evolution, from that perspective it would make sense for the Smash team to choose Y over X. (But MMX should be in the next Pokémon movie iirc, so there's that.) And honestly, I can also see them adding Mega Mewtwo as a separate character, and have them switch forms similar to Zelda/Sheik.

Again, just throwing some ideas out there, but the possibilities are endless.

Page 10 of 84 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast