Nintendo DSLite help

Thread: Nintendo DSLite help

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

Default Nintendo DSLite help

My NDSLite has a crack going through one of the joints that holds up the top screen. And the top screen cannot stay up at all now. Is there any way I can fix this? I do not want my special DP DSLite to break :(

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Nintendo DSLite help

Well the jolt will in time break, btw which jolt is it the one near the power lights?

And after that breaks over the months the top screen will give way, so you might need to get another one. how long did you have it?

Visit Rocky505's Youtube Channel

I have had it since the Pokemon Diamond/ Pearl special DSLite was released. And yes it is on the side with the lights :(

"I'm just a passing through Pokemon Trainer,"

stomach hurts... RainbowMoondust's Avatar
    West side of the U.S. That's all you get to know.
    Blog Entries

As long as you keep it from falling off, it will keep working. The black bar on my friends is almost completely exposed, and though it is fragile, it works fine.

If you explain in more detail or post a pic, I might be able to walk you through a temporary home repair.
    Disclaimer: I am on the autism spectrum, and I have ADHD. If I say something rude, I mean no harm. When telling me rules, it's important to be clear and detailed. Thanks for your time.
    My URPG stats I'm a ranger.

Attention Fellow Pokeshippers: I'm writing a pokeshipping fic series of connected one-shots called Rage of the Elements. Please read and comment! [New part posted Dec 9]

My pokeshipping drabbles

Blog Entries

Yeah mine broke and it shows the black bar thingy so I reccomend being a bit gentler and even buy another DS just in case

Blog Entries

This is becoming an increasingly common problem amongst owners of DS's and Lite's in particular. Naturally, a lot of people have had their DS's hinges break, but this is generally from wear & tear. Whether you believe it or not, NDS's are bloody tough and durable and can take a hell of a beating, I've dropped mine on the pavement twice and down the stairs three times thus far. It's finally taking a toll, but I've had it for years. Like you, the hinge for my DS has been chipped and is now exposed, though only barely.

Although I don't know how long you've had your DS Lite, there were a huge wave of complaints that the lites were too flimsy and breakable. This is because they are [obviously] smaller, and thus thinner, plus it's made from some sort of acrylic crap. However, if you haven't had it long, you can take it back to where it was purchased and attempt to file it as faulty, which is actually surprisingly accepted. If that doesn't work, try Nintendo Service Centre. Of course, that'll only work if it's still under warrenty (which it should, a DS is a good bit of equipment. D:).

As long as you don't fiddle with it, it'll be fine.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If you don't care if you have a limited edition, get a new lite. If you want to keep using your LE ds, send it in
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

If you write to Nintendo and tell them that it's limited edition, they'll probably have to order the parts ahead of time in order for you to get it back quickly. So, I'd suggest telling them that you need to have a DP special edition DS fixed up, and include a picture of the problem so they know exactly what to do. Then ask when you should send it in.

If worst comes to worse, they won't have the perfect part, so you'll have live with one of the joints (or maybe more) being differently colored.

Þæ åsåmste mæn ån þæ sæit Battaman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Fix it whit dutch tape, you can fix everything whit dutch tape.

Or you could treat it nice and don't like me and have it whit you everywhere(aka. gym class). You could fix it, but if I were you I would just try to be careful whit it and buy a 3DS. Witch is what I plan to do because I have the same problem.

FC: 2766-8797-7935 Known as Bent in game
    Due to reaching 90 friends om my 3DS, I will not add anyone anymore random people, I'm sorry, don't take it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Battaman View Post
    Fix it whit dutch tape, you can fix everything whit dutch tape.

Or you could treat it nice and don't like me and have it whit you everywhere(aka. gym class). You could fix it, but if I were you I would just try to be careful whit it and buy a 3DS. Witch is what I plan to do because I have the same problem.
    I take mine everywhere, but it's in a DS case in a backpack so it's the equivalent of giving it armor.

You could try that too. XD

Blog Entries

Nerf Case, Best thing eva!!!! i got one to fix the same problem and it keeps it from flopping and should stop the crack from getting any bigger
    Saudade