I have a secondhand cartridge of The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, and it's in rough shape:
- Parts of the plastic casing are slightly deformed, allegedly the result of having been in a fire.
- Loose pieces were found free-floating around the circuit board and removed.
- The contacts show signs of severe corrosion. Cleaning has been attempted, but was not completely successful.
- During play, the cartridge appears to overheat frequently. When removed from the console, it gives off a strange odor until it cools down—probably the smell of heated plastic.
- The game randomly freezes/crashes with varying frequency. Getting the game to even start often requires multiple tries. The save files appear completely intact, regardless.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Having gotten as far as the Water Temple, I'd hate to have to stop now.