New 3DS model - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New 3DS model

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New 3DS model

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriaki View Post
    Then why not make it compatible for all 3DS lines if it's another 5th gen situation?
    You were the one agreeing with me that you didn't want a new generation without upgrades.

Besides, if it's compatible with all 3DS family members, then they'd sell Pokemon more easily :/
    It's going to sell regardless of what console they put it on simply because it's Pokemon.

It's been established that "there will be exclusive software and non-exclusive software that will take advantage of the new CPU and have improved graphics and controls for the New 3DS system." So the Generation VII entries could be like Gold and Silver in that they would be playable on the 3DS but still noticeably benefit from the New 3DS.

Hyping over Steven Stone Kyriaki's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Kyriaki on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt the Cat View Post

You were the one agreeing with me that you didn't want a new generation without upgrades.

Besides, if it's compatible with all 3DS family members, then they'd sell Pokemon more easily :/
    It's going to sell regardless of what console they put it on simply because it's Pokemon.
    Ok idk even more :/ I don't want a 7th gen pokemon game to be on a single New 3DS console and be unplayable on the rest of the family members.
    Gen 7 should be on an entirely new family line, or be compatible with the rest of the 3DS family and simply benefit from the New 3DS - it's what I'd like personally. If it's not like that, can't be helped.

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

We'll see what happens when these things get released outside of Japan before I decide to take the "new" plunge or not. For now they have my interest, but I'm gonna need more than a portable Xenoblade and built-in NFC technology to make such a purchase.

But already I can see my right thumb struggling with that C-stick, it's so small. :/

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Blog Entries

I'm personally excited for it. Nintendo also seems to be doing it right this time releasing both the smaller and XL version at the same time. This will likely end up like the Gameboy Color did with exclusives. I actually wouldn't be surprised if Pokemon Z / XY2 is exclusive to the new 3DS. Hopefully Nintendo does the right thing and completely replaces the original 3DS and the 3DS XL with the New 3DS and the New XL. I know I'll be picking up a New XL around when it launches in the US.

YouTube|Breeding Service
    Pokemon FireRed Let's Play with episodes released every weekday at the Youtube link

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Silktree View Post
    It's been established that "there will be exclusive software and non-exclusive software that will take advantage of the new CPU and have improved graphics and controls for the New 3DS system." So the Generation VII entries could be like Gold and Silver in that they would be playable on the 3DS but still noticeably benefit from the New 3DS.
    It won't be as interesting if they have to adhere to the 3DS' limits when they make 7th gen, though.

Blog Entries

I'm excited, especially since I was planning to get an XL later this year for Smash and ORAS. The only problem is that it might be released in North America in 2015, months after I was expecting to get a regular XL. So I'm going to wait until reviews and comparisons start to come out, plus I'm not sure if there will be exclusives I want that won't be playable on the current line.

So are customizable shells only for the New 3DS and not the New 3DS XL? When you look at the images, you can see that the shell isn't uniformly coloured on the white 3DS, but the metallic blue one just looks completely the same throughout.

Then there's also the fact that there's a limited edition New 3DS XL for Smash.

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I don't see the point of it. It's ok for people who don't have a 3ds already but if you do, you might as well just stick with it. I'd prefer a next gen console from them. This is just an expensive baby step towards it.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

D'bohemian ocelotlrama! ocelotl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I don't see the point of it. It's ok for people who don't have a 3ds already but if you do, you might as well just stick with it. I'd prefer a next gen console from them. This is just an expensive baby step towards it.
    That pretty much sums up my thoughts. I just bought a 3DS XL last year and from what I've seen of the "NEW 3DS", I am not buying it if I do not have to. I am hoping it is another DSi-like device where it is not a next gen console, but just a slightly better upgrade from the 3DS XL.

Under partial construction. Collecting what I like.

"I'm really feeling it!" Chibster's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Chibster on Tumblr Visit Chibster's Youtube Channel

I kind of like how they incorporated the Super Famicom's controller buttons onto the New 3DS's buttons, but...it just doesn't appeal to me. I guess it's because I already have a 3DS.
    It's me, kyogre545! 3DS FC: 1864-8930-3851
    Claims: Gin (GNG), Inuyasha, Edward Elric, Vash the Stampede, Makoto Tachibana, Kyogre, Drizzle, Blue Apricorn, Squirtle Doll,, Micaiah, Crimson Loftwing, Smiles and Tears, Peaceful Days
    FS: Metang Klefki Ferroseed
    Join my clubs! ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!

More fab than Sylveon. Sir Fabulous's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As long as Nintendo doesn't make every single hit game New 3DS-exclusive, it's fine. I don't find it all that innovative, improved 3D and custom shells don't quite capture my interest.
    I have claimed: Staraptor (01/12/13), Shiny Stone (02/12/13), and Limber (02/12/13).

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by The Outrage View Post
    So are customizable shells only for the New 3DS and not the New 3DS XL? When you look at the images, you can see that the shell isn't uniformly coloured on the white 3DS, but the metallic blue one just looks completely the same throughout.

Then there's also the fact that there's a limited edition New 3DS XL for Smash.
    Yup yup, customizable faceplates are ONLY for New 3DS. My guess is that New 3DS XL instead will get all the limited edition versions.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy Ice Ricky View Post

Yup yup, customizable faceplates are ONLY for New 3DS. My guess is that New 3DS XL instead will get all the limited edition versions.
    I guess they do have to give a better incentive for the New 3DS over the New 3DS XL other than "your hands might be too small for the XL". Personally, I find the regular sized ones too small, such a shame though. I love the SNES color scheme and the customizable shells.

I like it, and probably will get one once it comes out in America. i don't really see the issue people have. It's basically the DSi of this console. There will be some exclusives, no doubt, but they wouldn't drown out anyone who has a normal 3DS already, that would just hurt business.

I do think their timing IS a bit off, though. Like, you have a BUNCH of awesome games coming out in the coming months, Smash, Pokemon, and other titles that i can't name on the top of my head right now. Couldn't you wait till New Years or something before introducing this updated 3DS? Color me impressed a Wii Game can be handled in this new system, but the timing is quite terrible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast