My R button on my DSi isn't functioning correctly

Thread: My R button on my DSi isn't functioning correctly

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Glitched Porygon's Avatar
    In teh interwebz. it'z a series of tubez.
    Blog Entries

Default My R button on my DSi isn't functioning correctly

Whenever I play my DSi, my r button just doesn't work correctly. Sometimes it will only work if I press down really hard, sometimes it will just cut off when I hold it down (it's really annoying when I'm playing something like Mario Kart), and sometimes it just doesn't work at all. Is there something I can do other than call Nintendo or a local game store. Every other button is working fine, so I'm just curious.

WARNING: Reading my comments heavily could induce seizures. Viewer discretion advised.

Proud Hetalia Fangirl ♥ EdelsteinBraginski_'s Avatar
    In Austria, hanging out with Mr. Roderich Edelstein. LOL.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: My R button on my DSi isn't functioning correctly

Maybe the sensor is just shot. (The sensor that tells the DS that you pressed the R button) Usually, when the sensor's bad, there isn't much you can do but call Nintendo or a local game store.

Axis Powers: Hetalia<3

Default Re: My R button on my DSi isn't functioning correctly

I don't know if the DSi is built the same way but... I have a DSLite that had a flaky R button as well. I unscrewed the whole system and found that the little "clicky" button had been pushed back behind the barrier that held it in place, apparently a result from some over eager button pressing. The design seems like it might be susceptible to this. SO, if you tend to press the buttons hard this might be a possibility.

But rather than taking it apart I would see if you could contact Nintendo and see if something like this might be covered under warranty.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/manuals/warrantytext_eng.jsp