Miiverse ban

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dolce

Thread: Miiverse ban

Blog Entries

Default Miiverse ban

So, despite being considered by a lot of Miiverse users to be "more sensible than most people here", I'm now part of the club, bummer. Can't wait to be back in 2 weeks.
    In the meantime, I thought I would share my experience with violating the CoC (or being misreported?)

So what do you guys think. Should I challenge my hatefull/offensive content warnings? Does Nintendo need to make the context of what violates the CoC clearer?
    Last edited by Snugglefox; 3rd November 2013 at 08:20 PM.

Default Re: Miiverse ban

Well, after reading this and try to understand the reason why you got banned... I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I wonder who the heck does the check up, or if it's people themselves who report comments. I'm flattered that Nintendo is trying to protect its community and stuff, but it's being way too strict! I think it sucks to find yourself banned for something you didn't even know it was out of reach.
    Huh, I suppose things won't change at this time, so I don't know what to say... maybe next time you should be more careful towards a certain Mr. College Studies. XD

Blog Entries

i saw a guy on youtube the other day who got told to change their mii when there was nothing wrong with it

im wondering if the administrators are opinionated, like an admin thought the mii with the long hair and beard looks intimidating or something, maybe the admin(s) who deleted my posts were homophobes
    there is a homophobe who followed me which i thought was odd, maybe they were false reporting me?
    i have seen immature people talking about trying to get someone banned just cos he defriended them or something, the guy they wanted to get banned did get banned and had a rant on youtube and showed their posts

i wonder if the admins are aware of users who report people just because they dont like them

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

... Wow, I shall take my words back then, I didn't know about the admins... I mean, being an admin doesn not mean being a dictator. At this point I'm believing Nintendo is just pretending to care of its community, since you only have to play the victim role and so manage to get people banned?
    That surely is odd. I thought Miiverse being available for the 3DS was gonna be great to replace Swapnote, but now I'm annoyed already by all those restrictions and stuff. :/

Blog Entries

i got my wii u on day one of its worldwide (minus america) release and havent had any bother untill recently
    4 out of 5 of those warnings were from october 30/31, a very small timeframe, something just doesnt seem right about that, i actually felt unsafe getting all those messages and ban all of a sudden

Proud claimer of Sylveon, She is a sneaky Magician who
    loves to pounce out of nowhere and Nuzzle me!
    ♡♥♡5 Signatures! Only 499,995 to go!♡♥♡
    US EBAY SELLERS BEWARE!

Blog Entries

You paint sniffing criminal you, don't do the crime if you can't do the time!

...joking, of course. Between this sort of thing and Nintendo removing SwapNote entirely and forcefully from all 3DSes because some kids were sexting each other on it, I'm feeling like they're straying further and further from reality. One thing about Miiverse, I think you can report messages and say why you're reporting them, so it's likely that people reported your post as criminal as a joke (because of how it could be misconstrued) and Nintendo just gets enough reports that it automatically processed it. Possibly he same with the other stuff. Either way, I'm sorry for you but that's pretty hilarious. Reminds me of back when I used to go to Nintendo's official forums when I was like 11 and posted a thread promising Princess Peach hentai but it was just terrible fanart of a Mudkip brushing its teeth. Now that was a ban I deserved haha

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

I'm sorry, but I'll be closing this thread. The general discussion that appears to be going on really isn't a suitable topic for the section when taking into consideration that it appears most of what's been said here is about the community and how it's run.

If you have any questions or concerns, PM either me or Kaori.
    Kaori likes this.

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station
    "There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable."