Mario Kart Discussion Thread - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mario Kart Discussion Thread

Default Re: Mario Kart Discussion Thread

Hey, wouldn't it be awesome if one of the MK8 vehicles was an ATV with a purple butterfly theme...?
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Lubba is a Purple Devil MarioMiner's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yep, that's just so manly. Seriously, ask a kid on my street! He got his face painted with a purple butterfly on one cheek and a unicorn on the other!

Blog Entries

Does anyone know if there's still that "spam (Blue/Red) shells, lightning, bullet bills at the PC" and "get hit by a missile and forfeit your item" on 150cc? Because that's one thing I hated about MK Double Dash and Wii.

Returning to Hoenn LavenderTownGhost's Avatar
    Blog Entries

^ Nope, if you get hit by something or even fall, you don't lose your item. One thing I like about MK8...

The CPU is ridiculous, though.
    "Halloween is every day!" -Sharon Needles

Banner made by Instrutilus

Quote Originally Posted by MarioMiner View Post
    Yep, that's just so manly. Seriously, ask a kid on my street! He got his face painted with a purple butterfly on one cheek and a unicorn on the other!
    You missed the joke.
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Lubba is a Purple Devil MarioMiner's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stratelier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MarioMiner View Post
    You missed the joke.
    It wasn't that obvious!

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Today's big MK8 news warrants a bump, does it not?

It looks like the DLC offerings for MK8 are going to be bigger than some free Mercedes cars--Link, Animal Crossing Villager, Isabelle, and Dry Bowser and stupid Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach like ugh please stop are all joining the shenanigans as playable characters!

Plus some retro tracks are coming back (like Wario's Mine from MKWii) as well as some new ones (is that an Animal Crossing-themed track I see?!). There's also going to be a Blue Falcon Kart 'cause Nintendo doesn't know how to just make a new F-Zero game to represent the F-Zero series. Cool.

Info and pics here. And note, this is DLC you have to pay for, unlike the Mercedes DLC.

I really can't get over Link on a motorcycle (in a good way of course), but that might just be me.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Nope Setra's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr

I want this DLC now. It looks amazing. I don't know if I'm more excited for the Characters or the courses. But ahhhhhhhh.

The Badassest Gardevoir BadAssGardevoir's Avatar

I don't know what it is, but now I NEED MARIO KART 8!!! ...It could just be that Link's going to be playable, but that's besides the point (though I do hope and pray that (insert Pokémon's name here) will be released as DLC some time because that's as close to Pokémon Kart as I think we're going to get.)
    Bulbagarden Battle league Fire Elite Four member and Fairy Gym Leader (THIS IMPLIES NOTHING!!!)

Claims: Zorua, Night daze, Stance change, Yami (Okami,) Shantae and the songs Don't Ever Forget (aka. I Don't Want To Say Goodbye)-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky and Rising Sun (aka. The Sun Rises)-Okami.

I somehow suspected that Link and Dry Bowser would be playable one day, but I didn't expect new tracks, so it's really nice to hear about that! I hope they'll have the high standard of the other tracks in the game.
    Sorry if my English is uncorrect!

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

Alright, so just a quick update: The Legend of Zelda X Mario Kart 8 (Nov 2014 release) and Animal Crossing X Mario Kart 8 (May 2015 release) packs each have 3 new characters, 8 new courses (split between two cups), and 4 new vehicles (!!!). And if you pre-order/purchase both packs, you get access to mega color options for both Yoshi and Shy Guy. (I think 8 new colors each?) All for the low price of USD 8/GBP 7 per pack, or USD 12/GBP 11 for the two-pack bundle! (Can't find the euro pricing yet.)

Omg, this DLC stuff looks amazing. o__o;; Still miffed about Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach, but otherwise this looks sooo good~

But this helps to show what amiibo can do for MK8 (at least a little bit). Now that we know Link and Animal Crossing Villager are going to be in MK8, we'll most likely be able to use Zelda and Animal Crossing amiibo figures (well, at least Link and Villager's figures) in the game, and possibly Capt. Falcon's figure, as well (we have an F-Zero kart & stage confirmed). How, we still don't know, at least MK8 may not be limited to just Mario/DK-franchise figures as I originally thought.

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123