Mario Kart Discussion Thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mario Kart Discussion Thread

make me worse Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Mario Kart Discussion Thread

I liked the Wii version for its great tracks and online, but the awful item imbalance and rubber band AI (especially on 150cc) killed the game at times.

And please, Nintendo, no Lightning Cloud. D:
    And when he left us he said, "It's not so bad"
    That motherfucker, he took everything we had
    And when I'm thinking back, I'm counting all the ways
    Nobody helped us, so we dreamt of better days
    And we sang, "That's just the way that it goes"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gligar13 View Post
    Wii was just bad with the wiimote
    Hmm, I must be alone then. I found the WiiMote controls to be quite enjoyable, unless you're talking about the remote sans Wheel.

Anyways, this new MK game sounds interesting. The gliding feature in particular, hope there'll be a good amount of courses using them.

Then again, the videos Life Alert posted earlier shows what appear to be unlockable kart attachments in addition to the glider, so there's possibly going to be a good amount of courses involving each of those features.

I dunno, sounds like a great game overall. Can't wait for it.

Banner made by Blazaking EX, avatar by Thanatos. Thanks, guys.

Blog Entries
    Follow Noivern On Twitter

I'm so looking forward to Mario Kart 7. I think I might end up playing it every day on my 3DS, just like Mario Kart DS on my DS Lite back then...
    Hey, it's Noivern here. I like Noivern a lot. I like Katy Perry. I want a Hydreigon plushie. Also, I'm a total PC geek.
    Links

make me worse Ivysaur's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Yeah, I've been playing a lot of MKDS lately myself. I know snaking isn't popular, but I hope the drifting in MK7 is more or less like it was in MKDS. Wii drifting was very slow and un-involving.
    And when he left us he said, "It's not so bad"
    That motherfucker, he took everything we had
    And when I'm thinking back, I'm counting all the ways
    Nobody helped us, so we dreamt of better days
    And we sang, "That's just the way that it goes"

Imma drink my tears & cry Fairy Ice Ricky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky On Twitter
    Follow Fairy Ice Ricky on Tumblr

I can't believe it's only less than a week until the release Mario Kart 8 and this thread still hasn't been updated yet! There isn't even talk about Mario Kart 7 shenanigans since its release... :(

Unfortunately I can't join in on the MK8 frenzy since I'm still Wii U-less. But MK7 is still fresh in my opinion and I'm still having a lot of fun with that game. I'll be honest it took a while for me to get into it at first, but it's definitely on my list of favorite 3DS games now.

Is anyone planning on getting MK8 when it comes out? And how many people have MK7 now? Maybe we can set up a Bulbagarden community so that we can have MK7 tournaments. (Or has everyone moved on from MK7 now? Someone entertain me, please!)

3DS Friend Code: 5086-1398-3204 ▪|▪ 3DS/Pokémon X Name: Ricky
    Friend Safari: Steel - Klefki, Ferroseed, Forretress
    Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

MK7, I have it and I still sometimes play it
    Usually online

MK8, I will buy it ASAP and I will play it a lot
    A whole damn lot

Blog Entries

So it looks like Mario is ready to take all his collected coins and live the fabulous life:

The first bit of DLC has been announced for Mario Kart 8--it's free DLC that will allow you to use the new Mercedes GLA in the game. It's the result of a partnership between Mercedes-Benz Japan and NCL (Nintendo Japan).

It's definitely weird to see such a realistic car in the Mario Kart games, and it's a bit underwhelming to get yet another chassis considering there are already so many options in this game. But I am excited to see what this means for DLC in Mario Kart 8 in the future! What do you think about the announcement? Are you okay with this type of product placement in video games, and Nintendo games in particular? Are you happy that Nintendo has decided to add DLC in MK8? And what other types of DLC would you like Nintendo to release for the game?

ONE MORE DAY! (Unless you're in Japan or you pre-ordered the game from a retailer that broke the embargo.)

Also the Mario in that commercial looks so weird... o__o

Claims: Lucario & Lucarionite ▪|▪ Teravolt ▪|▪ Fusion Bolt ▪|▪ Red Orb ▪|▪ Boutique [Pokémon X/Y]

Who else dislikes all the new characters?

Because I dislike em alll! :D

Blog Entries

I'm indifferent about the Koopalings, but I don't think I can ever forgive the developers for thinking Baby Rosalina or Pink Gold Peach were more necessary than Dry Bones. >:(

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I'd buy MK8 in a heartbeat if it was coming out on the 3DS. I don't have a Wii U or any desire to own one. MK7 was brilliant. I completed it a while ago, was really difficult to get top marks in every race but lots of fun. I tried playing MK on the regular Wii once and I found it impossible with the tacky controllers.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

I bought MK8 this afternoon and have now won all cups with new tracks on 50cc

I will continue winning this evening, I'll try and complete all the retro cups on 50cc
    With 3 stars of course

I still don't like the new characters, but the rest of the game is great! :D

I just wish there was an option to display the mini-map on the television screen instead of the controller screen :/

The Future King Koopa Jr's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Follow Koopa Jr on Tumblr

I love this game. I've spent the last 3 hours doing online races. I'm so glad I got it.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It's official: Mario Kart 8 is the fastest-selling Wii U game in the market, having sold 1.2 million units in just one weekend. Also, in the UK, it has boosted the sales of hardware by 666% (devilish, right? )
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

Blog Entries

And even more important, a new amazing meme has sprung from MK8--the Luigi death stare. Seriously just watch the gifs and videos!

But what a nice opening weekend for the game! I'm pretty sure it will blow Polygon's original predictions out the water, if it hasn't done so already. :P

I just got it today (local store had a 3-day electronics sale starting today, which is what I was waiting for) and -- well, it's a blast, all right. Very very pretty in the visuals, too.

Takes a little while to get used to the controls. I see bikes are still divided into standard/sport types, but the sport types drift a little looser (i.e. closer to standard) than they did in MKW.

Using primarily Yoshi (my main), I golded in every 100cc Grand Prix except Special (which took a second attempt). Sorry Nintendo but for me second place just doesn't deserve showing the game credits.

I kinda wish they didn't add that antigrav segment to GBA Mario Circuit. SNES Donut Plains 3 is a blast, though, as is N64 Yoshi Valley (which, unlike the original, does show real-time positions and they did fix its infamous ledge-hopping shortcut). N64 Rainbow Road feels too short (~1:30) to make it a marathon (3 segment / 1 lap) track out of, but at least it's not boring like it was in the original N64.

As for the new courses...

Wario Mountain is my new favorite mountain course, perhaps because it's also a marathon route. I love long tracks.

Mixed feelings on Rainbow Road. It's pretty and all, and although I did have a few falls that cost me my first attempt at 100cc Gold Special Cup that's not the problem; something feels ... missing. I think it's the music, it just doesn't 'sound' Rainbow Road-y to me.

Overall, I like most of the new courses. Oh, and when I'm not racing Yoshi, my favorite Koopaling is Lemmy.
    Game: "Would you like to give a nickname to the newly hatched [Pokémon]?"
    Trevor: "You want me to nickname someone I just met?! You shouldn't put people on the spot like this!"

Vivillon Color: High Plains
    XY Friend Safari: Fighting (Meditite, Throh, Tyrogue), 4296-3230-7210 (feel free to add me before asking, it saves time)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast