Malware and Spyware Help

Thread: Malware and Spyware Help

Default Malware and Spyware Help

I'm having a problem with my computer. Recently it got infected with something called Antivirus 2012. When it first happened my bro was downloading the new firefox and it popped up. It infected his account, then it disappeared from his and infected my account on the computer. I'm afraid of downloading any spyware removal program because it might install itself again. What should I do?

l Banner by Vayres l

Blog Entries

Default Re: Malware and Spyware Help

Quote Originally Posted by StoneKold View Post
    I'm having a problem with my computer. Recently it got infected with something called Antivirus 2012. When it first happened my bro was downloading the new firefox and it popped up. It infected his account, then it disappeared from his and infected my account on the computer. I'm afraid of downloading any spyware removal program because it might install itself again. What should I do?
    Was he downloading Firefox from the official website? If not that would explain it.

The best thing honestly would be to install anti-spyware / malware software and run them in Safe Mode.

You can find everything you need here on CNet. They are a very trusted source for downloading stuff. I'd recommend AVG, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and Spybot - Search & Destroy. All three should find whatever problem you have and remove it for good.
    Former staff member - 2010
    Formerly known as - insomniac
    Competitive Player