Let's Talk About the PS4 - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About the PS4

Default Re: Let's Talk About the PS4

For some reason the only technical aspect I can remember from the launch event is the fact that the PS4 has 8GB of ram. I know they want their console to last a while but 8GB seems a little excessive.

Because I like Tophats Tophat Dragoneye's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    Until it gets it, no PS4 for me anytime soon.
    Instead of backwards compatibility, the PS4 is offering a streaming service for the PS3 games with Gaikai as a workaround(they are also considering using an emulator), it's the only way due to completely different architecture between the machines. The question is whether you'll have to pay for access for the games you already got, or get access free of charge.
    Revolutionaryverse

Many thanks to Blue Dragon for the signature

ONE-shot: Forced into Retirement

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Well you can bet they will want you to pay for previous games. That's probably why they haven't enabled backwards compatibility. I don't care if PS1/PS2 games are only £5, I paid for them once, I still have the disc, so it really sucks. They could have easily made the discs play on the new console. They just want to make as much money as possible.

=^____^= Baf's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Not a huge fan of the PS4's design, I mean it's not horrible, but it's only ok.
    [~_~]

Blog Entries

Gotta get a Wii U first. Only want KH3 and XV for now anyway.
    [[[[[<>>>>=====+++++~~~~~Wave~~~~~+++++=====<<<<>]]]]]

|||||!!!!!////---+++===Weekly Song===+++---\\\\!!!!!|||||

SHSL Gambler CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fab View Post
    I know what you mean. Suppose it doesn't matter. No one buys it because it looks pretty but I was hoping for something a lot sleeker looking. Doesn't matter too much, I wasn't planning on buying one immediately. I'll probably end up buying an improved 'slim' version.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by CrackFox View Post
    I know what you mean. Suppose it doesn't matter. No one buys it because it looks pretty but I was hoping for something a lot sleeker looking. Doesn't matter too much, I wasn't planning on buying one immediately. I'll probably end up buying an improved 'slim' version.
    it looks way better then the x1 though, or is that just me?

=^____^= Baf's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by testflightwright View Post
    The look fairly similar, they're both black boxes.
    [~_~]

Quote Originally Posted by testflightwright View Post
    The look fairly similar, they're both black boxes.
    yea but the x1 looks a little to much like a cable box for my taste. ps4 has a kind of sleek look and looks powerful, not by much though. Game consoles will probably never look cool again unless apple makes one. Consoles need to be bigger for the video cards and ram and what not, seriously some video cards are huge. You cant make things as small and cool looking like before. You need to stick it in a box and make sure it gets good air flow lol.

Blog Entries

Follow jda95 on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by X Dragoon View Post
    Pretty much this. I'm not interested in most of the games that get skipped on Nintendo consoles so I probably won't have any motivation to get them until these two titles come out, or if another exclusive that really interests me does. I'm getting a Wii U before the end of this year hopefully so PS4 will have to wait for quite a bit.

I'm going to wait and see more games to be announced for the PS4, if Persona 5 or any other interesting RPG game is confirmed for the console I'm probably going to get it in one or two years (surely when the price drops)

I'm not much of a Sony fan. (PC Gamer Master Race, myself) But there's going to be games that I can play for cheaper and with decent quality on the PS4 than I could get by building another new PC. (Rassafrassin' two-hundred dollar graphics cards... and I need two.) So I'll be picking up a new PS4 and the games that I can play on it. Here I come, Kingdom Hearts 3.
    "Why shoot something once when you can shoot it 46 more times?" - Urdnot Wrex

im so high rite now Totally Not Booster Gold's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Totally Not Booster Gold on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by X Dragoon View Post
    Yeah same dilemma. I gotta get BF3 though.

I'm definitely getting a PS4 (since XB1 is definitely not worth it for me and the Wii U games don't interest me), I may wait till next year though since all the games I want will still be released on PS3.

I'm going to get a PS4 on launch, because the launch titles just looks awesome and because it's quite cheap. I didn't get a PS3 on launch because it was waaaay too pricey and it had a few issues. But I have no worries about the first version of the PS4, as it seems refined and it has gone through a lot of the tests with even better results than most consoles.

Most importantly, it's possible to trust Sony now. I'm not going to get an Xbox One in a million years because Microsoft can't make up their mind. They're adding this, changing that and doing everything in their power to make their console more attractive. Oh look, it's still unavailable in a lot of countries. Sony came with all the interesting info at the right moments and were the first to announce most of the new features that both the consoles got now. Also they got PS+, which is just the bargain of the century. And F2P games on the PS4 are absolutely free. You don't need PS+ for that, as you need XBL Gold for the Xbox One F2P games. Oh, inb4 Microsoft changes that policy too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast