Let's Talk About the PS4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Let's Talk About the PS4

Blog Entries

Default Let's Talk About the PS4

If you're a gamer you'll probably know that the Playstation 4 is due to be released by the end of this year. What are you thoughts on it? Are you a PS fan, will you be purchasing one. What features would you like to see and what games are you looking forward to seeing make the leap? Discuss here.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Let's Talk About the PS4

I won't be getting one soon, I'm perfectly content with my PS3. Maybe in a couple years.
    Iteru likes this.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

I think I'll wait this time to a newer model is out. I have my old PAL 60GB PS3 which was one of the earlier models and it really is inferior to the later ones, especially in terms of overheating. That and spending what just might be £400+ in one go is gonna be hefty.

I'd be pretty pissed if in the UK we get some more bullshit like not being fully compatible with past games like how the PS3 was when all it needed was a chip that other territories got...

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Iteru View Post
    I'd be pretty pissed if in the UK we get some more bullshit like not being fully compatible with past games like how the PS3 was when all it needed was a chip that other territories got...
    You won't have to worry about unequal treatment in that respect since the PS4 won't have any backward compatibility. It's using entirely different architecture from the PS3.

Blog Entries

I would be getting one sooner if it had backwards compatibility with the PS3. Now I can't see myself getting one for years. I'm happy with my PS3.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm not particularly excited for it because it's not really doing anything interesting, but I'll definitely be getting it so I can keep up with third party games. I also am interested in some of Sony's first party exclusives (particularly Sly Cooper, Ratchet and Clank, and LittleBigPlanet) although I haven't gotten around to playing them yet. Out of the ones announced for PS4, I'm looking forward to Knack and inFamous: Second Son.

Panne Cottontail Kakuna Matata's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kakuna Matata on Tumblr

I don't even have a PS3 yet. ;~;

Although with the PS4 coming out I might be able to get one of those by the end of the year. And then I'll get a PS4 when the PS5 comes out! :D

As for games, The Evil Within sounds pretty neat. I'm wondering if one of the reasons The Last Guardian is being delayed is so it can be released on the PS4. If so, I might have to get one a few years earlier.

Blog Entries

The only reason I'll want a PS4 is if Naughty Dog decides to make a Jak 4. Also it doesn't catch my eye like the PS3 did.....i'm still trying to get a 3DS first.

The Dimension Witch Dolce's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Dolce On Twitter
    Follow Dolce on Tumblr Visit Dolce's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post

Although with the PS4 coming out I might be able to get one of those by the end of the year. And then I'll get a PS4 when the PS5 comes out! :D
    That's the spirit! :D/

And as for myself, I'm not sure if I want to yet because no games have caught my interest. So I'm going to wait.

IGN: Dolce, 3DS FC: 4554-1270-5039
    Entertainment, Inc.Global Trade Station
    "There is no such thing as a coincidence in this world. There is only the inevitable."

Fairy Queen Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I've not even got a PS3 and I don't intend to get one, but depending on what the PS4 offers up I may get one in time. Certainly not near release, though.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits
    ~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc. ~ Fanclub ~ Come join the conversation in the Entertainment, Inc. General Chat Thread!~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shinobu View Post
    You won't have to worry about unequal treatment in that respect since the PS4 won't have any backward compatibility. It's using entirely different architecture from the PS3.
    Well fuck.

Until it gets it, no PS4 for me anytime soon.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Well fuck.

It's not going to get backward compatibility.

Bringing the Thunder Bolt the Cat's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well fuck.

Consoles never retroactively receive backwards compatibility in future models, they only lose it. If it doesn't have it in the original model, it will never have it.

Blog Entries

I doubt the PS4 will ever welcome backwards compatibility. They did for early models of the PS3 but the newer versions didn't allow PS2 games. Apparently though, almost all games will become available for download on the PS network so they will still be playable, just not by disc. I agree with everyone elses' sentiments. I will be getting a PS4 but not for a while. I don't think they've released an official picture yet, but new consoles are always bulky and less impressive. I'll wait for the slimline version and hopefully by then some good games will be released. I watched E3 months ago and all the games that were previewed looked really bad. It's always the same, give it a year and the likes of Rockstar and Capcom will start releasing some.

I don't think that waiting will necessarily mean paying less for one but i'll bet the first PS4's will only have very small hard drives. A 60gb one wont get you very far if you play a lot of games and with the proposed new technology, PS4 games look likely to be a lot bigger in terms of HD space. I like at least, 320gb.

The new features sound good but depending on how much you enjoy co-operative gameplay, they may not impress everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakuna Matata View Post

This is my situation and plan exactly.

Still, looking forward to PS4.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast