Iphone 4/ IOS4: Opinions and complaints?

Thread: Iphone 4/ IOS4: Opinions and complaints?

Blog Entries

Exclamation Iphone 4/ IOS4: Opinions and complaints?

well the iphone 4 is out now and i just wanted to hear some of your opinions on it. did you get one, will you get one, have you tried the OS. I have the 3g and thought that i was going to get at least the user wallpapers and didnt which made me slightly angry, and for the new iphone well im undecided. i would like to get one but im starting to think about just moving up to the 3gs.
    What is your opinion?
    Saudade

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

Default Re: Iphone 4/ IOS4: Opinions and complaints?

I'll probably try to get one next week in attempt to avoid the apple-heads. (And to make it easier when transferring over my phone account and getting a new phone plan)

I'm not extremely excited about At&t's data transfer limit, but I think it'll be fine with all the Wi-Fi hopping I usually do. (Plus the cheaper rates is nice) Plus I think it'll only be a matter of time before they are forced to update their internet.

Edit: I have my phone for about a week now and I love it!
    Last edited by bell02+; 5th July 2010 at 01:05 AM.

The new features in the iPhone 4 (retina display, improved cameras, gyroscope) sound pretty cool, but I'm still thinking of waiting to see if a new iPod Touch with some of those comes out. An iPhone would certainly be handy, but the service plan looks a little pricey...

Its made by 3G INCREDIBLY slow....I'm able to upgrade in September so I might pick up the 2nd gen Iphone 4

hi i like pokemon

Blog Entries

I have an iPhone 3Gs (32 gb one). It had iOS3 on it of course when I got it. When iOS4 came out I did the free upgrade to it. I LOVE iOS4! the folder features and wallpaper additions are wonderful. As more applications support multitasking, iOS4 can multitask well too. I'd highly reccomend iOS4... wait for the iPhone to get some fixes though; or find a 3Gs one if you can.

- 1248 2941 2957 -

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brent View Post
    It had iOS3 on it of course when I got it.
    No, it had iPhone OS 3. iPhone OS was only renamed to iOS with the relase of the iPhone 4.
    /applefanboy

I don't have an iPhone, let alone an iPhone 4, but I plan on getting one. My mom has the iPhone 3G (do you even remember that one?) and iOS4 works great on her phone! She adores the folders. Her app screen went from 6 pages to 2!

when you need more, have+ bell02+'s Avatar

I don't know how OS4 works on the iPhone 3, but I have to say, with me comparing my iPod Touch (running OS4) to my iPhone 4, it feels painfully slower. I'm not that confident how well the tech handles the new features.

I also haven't looked too much in the coding, but if I have to make a complaint on the new features, the multi-tasking does not work well. I find programs are constantly using up too much memory and crashing, I'm not sure if it's because some apps have sloppy memory management/too much control over cpu or if it's because Apple's memory management is shoddy (I think it's the later) but hopefully they address that. Luckily, on the user side at least, it's not too annoying considering Apple handles the program crashes very well, very user friendly.

Blog Entries

I got to use an iPad of my friend's running iOS4 as well for a while last weekend. Felt pretty identical to my 32gb iPhone 3Gs speed and functionality wise. I liked the iPad but he and I both agreed it should have been more like the iPhone 4 in features. Still no iMovie or anything like that on the iPad.

- 1248 2941 2957 -

Blog Entries
    Follow Soulweaver On Twitter Add Soulweaver on Facebook Add Soulweaver on Google+
    Follow Soulweaver on Tumblr Visit Soulweaver's Youtube Channel

Well, I can't really say I'm not biased, as I'm an avid anti-Apple person, but...

In addition to the weird (lefty racist) antennae problems, there are also other problems.
    http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/apple-gathering-facetime-information-ability-to-see-video-calls/
    http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/leaked-apple-stealing-all-facetime-information-att-locks-user-via-ota-updates/
    http://www.addictivetips.com/mobile/apple-forces-staff-to-lie-about-reception-issue-ios-4-deletes-music/

Also, its "multi-tasking" is something ridiculous based on what I've heard. The idea of multi-tasking is that you use multiple applications concurrently, not that you open applications on the background to just sit there immobilized.

And, unlike Apple likes to advertise, they did not invent video calls. Those have been possible with at least certain Nokia phones for several years now.

There might be some other points I can't remember now, but as far as I know these all apply to iOS4.
    Last edited by Soulweaver; 21st July 2010 at 08:31 AM.

Former staff member · X Pokédex status (incl. foreign dexes) · Bank Living Dex status · 3DS FC: 4699 6589 8963

The enhanced processor of the iPhone 4 is what appeals to me the most, since I mostly want it for gaming. Still, I have to wonder if it wouldn't be better to just get a regular phone to replace my current pile of monkey nuggets, and wait until September to see if an iPod Touch with some of these features comes out. As much as I'd like to be able to connect to the network, the plans they offer are just too expensive.

Blog Entries

I have a 3rd Gen iPod Touch, and I've been running iOS4 on it since it released, and I gotta say, i'm pretty happy with it. The new Folder function lets me move three pages worth of Apps to my front page, and I love having wallpapers now, especially having seperate ones for my Lock and Home screens.

My absolute favorite thing has to be the new Playlist features. I love the fact that I can actually name my On The Go lists now, and that I can even edit Playlists that I've already made.

My only real complaint about iOS4 is that it took so long to come out. Pretty much every other smartphone on the market has been running most of these features for years now, I don't see why Apple had to take their sweet-ass time.

Blog Entries
    Follow hurristat On Twitter
    Follow hurristat on Tumblr

apple's kind of had a bunch of problems recently:

The antenna problem, that iOS4 doesn't want to work with the iPhone 3 and iPhone 3GS

Leo Laporte even stopped using the iPhone 4 because of the antenna problem.

content reblog tumblr | dumb reblog tumblr | if youre able to figure out like seven or eight of these characters than we are going to be friends.