Internet Website Redirects

Thread: Internet Website Redirects

Blog Entries

Default Internet Website Redirects

I have the Ubuntu 10.04 (the latest upgrade, if I'm not mistaken) and I have Mozilla Firefox 3.6.7

I'm getting some weird temporary website redirects. First it was Pokebeach redirecting to deviantart (earlier today as seen in one of my posts at the time, I believe I mentioned it in "New Pokemon, New Evolutions, discussion thread in the B/W forum", next it was google redirecting to some weird website I think was something like su.pr or something like that (which happened about a few minutes ago). Everything seems to be working now though.

Can anyone explain why these these redirects are happening, since they are temporary and unusual.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Internet Website Redirects

I don't think it's your OS or browser, since I have the exact same thing and that hasn't been happening to me. If you have ClamAV, try doing a scan for viruses or malware (it does exist for Linux, it's just not as common as on Windows).

Blog Entries

just in case it is your browser (sounds like a deeper problem as stated above) install the "noscript" add-on for firefox
    yo son

facebook lastfm twitter ytmnd

also, 3DS FC: 3153-3959-7484

Blog Entries

I know this is old and I apologize but I didn't feel like recreating a similar thread, so I deeply apologize if I shouldn't post in this thread. But before I go to my problem let me reply quickly:

Transfinite- While it seems your plan would work, the fact that scanning was not working did not help. When all the options were chosen to scan, after 10 hours it was still only at 0-2% suffice to say no scanner should take that long.

Now about my recent new problem. Apparently I'm not the only one affected by these temporary redirects. My dad as well I remember he seemed to have redirects as well (yes as well being temporary), but now, my Wii Internet Channel is experienced temporary redirects at least one so far (I'm not on wii nearly enough to know) but when I tried to go to Wikipedia, it showed a google error page and said "This page was not found on this server."

And also to go further or to clarify: Sometimes (most of the time), I get redirected to something involving CPanel.

Unless I can force a Time Limit on my virus scanning software on one file (instead of it wasting 10 hours of my time on one file with no intention of progress) if it is a virus I doubt I will be able to be fixed.

So then answer me this at least: Why is there three different internet sources with 3 different Operating System and different browsers in the same household experiencing the same thing. Now if it was just a simple generic 404 or server problem I would be fine with it and I don't need to get my "panties" in a bunch, but why would it use another website's error page instead of the proper one?