IMPORTANT: Vote Skyward Sword over Skyrim! - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which do you like better?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

13 61.90%
  • The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim

8 38.10%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IMPORTANT: Vote Skyward Sword over Skyrim!

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Default Re: IMPORTANT: Vote Skyward Sword over Skyrim!

Quote Originally Posted by Eredar Warlock View Post
    They were saying the same thing about the Wii after the rather lackluster GCN.
    Ironically, it's the console everyone likes as much as the N64 because of Melee, SMS, Metroid Prime, WW, RE4, etc.

I read in TV Tropes that there are those who believe Nintendo will make good games if they were dead last again, which is labeled as fringed logic.

Red Hot Gym Leader Flannery's Avatar Forum HeadModerator
    Blog Entries

I'm glad Skyward Sword beat Skyrim.

Why you may ask? Just look at my avatar.

Revelations has a shot to beat Skyward Sword in the final. It didn't have a shot to beat Skyrim (it would have gotten rocked). Especially since some of the butthurt fans of the other games (Arkham, Skyrim, Uncharted) are trying to get a vote campaign running for Revelations just so Skyward Sword doesn't win.

Now I don't have anything against Skyward Sword (and in fact I'm REALLY looking forward to finishing it after I finish finals), but... Assassins' Creed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ariel
    Everyone has had a crush on Hips. :B

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    Ironically, it's the console everyone likes as much as the N64 because of Melee, SMS, Metroid Prime, WW, RE4, etc.

I read in TV Tropes that there are those who believe Nintendo will make good games if they were dead last again, which is labeled as fringed logic.
    I really couldn't care less about TV Tropes.

Second, the big franchise of the system was indeed Metroid Prime. Wind Waker only found popularity in the States. In Japan, it was complete bomb. Sunshine was a pretty forgettable title.

Ultimately, Nintendo has followed a formula for the last three generations: They dominate the scene at the outset and for a couple of years after, then they hover around for a while until the next generation, where they revolutionize gaming with their next system and start the process again. I suppose what they're hoping to do now is jump ahead and stay ahead. Nintendo's difficulty has stemmed from an inability to attract third party developers who are going multi-platform largely because of the Wii's limited capacity for graphics. They managed to rope in Activision, but Bethesda? BioWare? VALVe?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Eredar Warlock View Post
    I really couldn't care less about TV Tropes.
    For shame.

Second, the big franchise of the system was indeed Metroid Prime. Wind Waker only found popularity in the States. In Japan, it was complete bomb. Sunshine was a pretty forgettable title.
    Yet we still get characters from SMS to appear in other Mario titles and Brawl. Either it means a large portion of the audience liked it, or it's just shoving it down on people's throat like the mazes for the horror remakes at Universal Studios.

Ultimately, Nintendo has followed a formula for the last three generations: They dominate the scene at the outset and for a couple of years after, then they hover around for a while until the next generation, where they revolutionize gaming with their next system and start the process again. I suppose what they're hoping to do now is jump ahead and stay ahead. Nintendo's difficulty has stemmed from an inability to attract third party developers who are going multi-platform largely because of the Wii's limited capacity for graphics. They managed to rope in Activision, but Bethesda? BioWare? VALVe?
    But isn't Activision the devil of video games due to the sheer hate on the titles they publish (CoD as the popular example)? At least they got Capcom to release Super Street Fighter 4 for the 3DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghetsis-Dennis View Post
    But isn't Activision the devil of video games due to the sheer hate on the titles they publish (CoD as the popular example)? At least they got Capcom to release Super Street Fighter 4 for the 3DS.
    More like EA is the anti-Christ of the industry. Unfortunately, some of my favorite games were published under EA, namely Mass Effect 2, Dragon Age: Origins, and Dead Space.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12