how do you feel about ebay website?

Thread: how do you feel about ebay website?

Blog Entries

Default how do you feel about ebay website?

for anyone who are using ebay website
    how do feel of using ebay website?
    tell some good and bad things about ebay website and give reason for each of them

also try to give ways to improve their website for any bad things.

Edit:

please reply for me
    I mean some of u people have used ebay right?
    Last edited by Dolce; 10th December 2012 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Added info.

I'm gone.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: how do you feel about ebay website?

Very helpful for getting Pokemon merchandise. Nothin' good in stores 'round here.

Blog Entries

well what i mean is:
    - how's the color scheme of the website?
    - is it boring or not boring of using or looking at ebay?
    - is it easy for the user to put product on ebay?
    ...etc.

try not to mention anything about pokemon on this reply

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yousuf89 View Post
    well what i mean is:
    - how's the color scheme of the website?
    - is it boring or not boring of using or looking at ebay?
    - is it easy for the user to put product on ebay?
    ...etc.

try not to mention anything about pokemon on this reply
    If you know the item you're putting up auction, it's pretty easy to put stuff online. I use ebay a lot at work, it's not a very fun we page to look at, but it's functional.
    seconds to forever

Blog Entries

- is there anything else good about ebay?
    - is there anything bad about ebay and if there is why and what are the ways to improve it?

Blog Entries

Follow Niji on Tumblr

I feel pretty good about it considering the number of trading cards I bought on it.

Keep on kicking butt, Yuzu!

Blog Entries

this is what I found about the bad thing about ebay:

"If an offer sounds too good to be true then it probably is and not all sellers are honest, there are some shady people who exaggerate their descriptions. New should mean new and good condition should mean no broken bits, scratches, missing or nonexistent parts".

and another

"Phishing scam can also occur, this works when users receive fake emails saying that their eBay account will be suspended, directing them to a fake login page. Once the user logs in, all of his login data and eBay identity are susceptible to theft."

how ebay can fix this problem?
    Last edited by yousuf89; 14th December 2012 at 10:04 AM.

samurai in autumn garrison-san's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow garrison-san On Twitter
    Follow garrison-san on Tumblr

"If an offer sounds too good to be true then it probably is and not all sellers are honest, there are some shady people who exaggerate their descriptions. New should mean new and good condition should mean no broken bits, scratches, missing or nonexistent parts".
    If you feel that a seller has been dishonest about an item's condition and you are unable to resolve the problem by contacting them directly, then you can open a dispute in ebay's customer support centre.

I've been both a seller and a buyer on ebay for a number of years, and I've seldom had any real problems within that time. It's important to make sure you've studied all the information about an item carefully before you bid, so that you know exactly what to expect. If you're ever in doubt about something, contact the seller directly and ask - any good seller would be more than happy to provide you with additional details about the item, or pictures if you so desire. Looking at a seller's feedback may also provide you with an indication of the kind of service you are likely to receive.

As for the Phishing scams, just use common sense and always be super-vigilant toward any email which asks you to give out personal information. In ebay's case, if they were to contact you then a copy of the message would appear in the "My Messages" folder of your account, so if it's not there then you know straight away that the email is a spoof.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by garrison-san View Post

If you feel that a seller has been dishonest about an item's condition and you are unable to resolve the problem by contacting them directly, then you can open a dispute in ebay's customer support centre.

I've been both a seller and a buyer on ebay for a number of years, and I've seldom had any real problems within that time. It's important to make sure you've studied all the information about an item carefully before you bid, so that you know exactly what to expect. If you're ever in doubt about something, contact the seller directly and ask - any good seller would be more than happy to provide you with additional details about the item, or pictures if you so desire. Looking at a seller's feedback may also provide you with an indication of the kind of service you are likely to receive.

As for the Phishing scams, just use common sense and always be super-vigilant toward any email which asks you to give out personal information. In ebay's case, if they were to contact you then a copy of the message would appear in the "My Messages" folder of your account, so if it's not there then you know straight away that the email is a spoof.
    but is there any that ebay can improve to prevent the problems I mentioned above?

like put more security...etc.

Blog Entries

I love eBay. I buy stuff from there all the time. The layout is pleasant and easy to navigate and the chances of being ripped off are small since no one wants bad feedback. I have a buyers account and a sellers account, both are easy to set up and manage. The only problem I have with the sellers account is the eBay fees can get really high the more stuff you sell. Just using it to buy stuff, I have no problems with.

Blog Entries

In my experience, eBay is awful. There is so much fake merchandise on there. Last year I ordered a Koopa Troopa doll on there, and it turned out to be a bootleg. It was uglier than the quadrupedal Koopas in the original Mario game. My sister felt bad for me, so she bought me a real Koopa Troopa doll from Amazon and we let our cats use the fake one as a chew toy. My mum's sister was not so lucky. She was cheated out of 100 dollars buying a dress that was defective.
    Enigma pop star is fun
    She wear burqa for fashion
    - Lady Gaga