HarmoKnight (new Game Freak game)

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Grave-E
  • 1 Post By hopeandjoy
  • 1 Post By Ghetsis-Dennis

Thread: HarmoKnight (new Game Freak game)

Load of Belloni
    Blog Entries

Default HarmoKnight (new Game Freak game)

Earlier today, a new game for the 3DS E-shop was announced. It's a new IP from Gamefreak that goes by the name of Rhythm Hunter: Harmo Knight, and is basically a rhythm platformer where you time jumps and attacks to the beat of the the music.

Trailer
    [Nintendo Direct] Rhythm Hunter: Harmo Knight - Trailer - YouTube

Details

Looks really cool imo. While I enjoy Pokemon, I can't deny that I wish Gamefreak would break away from it more often and try experimenting with other ideas and gameplay styles. Games like Drill Dozer and Pulseman are quality titles with a lot of cool ideas and some great visuals and designs. Harmo Knight looks set to follow suit. It looks brilliant imo, and I can't wait to give it a shot.

How about you guys?
    TeddiUrsa likes this.

Onduru ruragittan disukaa Garren's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: HarmoKnight (new Game Freak game)

I first saw this on Serebii, and I misread the news post there thinking it was a rhythm-based action game where every level was based off a different Nintendo Franchise, lol. A bit disappointed when I found out that wasn't the case.

Still, it looks like a fun game, and the fact that the DEVELOPER OF THE ICRECEAM CONE POKEMON GAMEFREAK IS OUT OF IDEAS James Turner thought of it makes me realize that he is really a dude that Game Freak needs to keep, because, if the Pokemon he designed and this game being a non-Pokemon game shows, he knows how to think outside of the box and might be a breath of fresh air for the franchise as a whole if GameFreak promote him to having more influence over the games.

Also, the art is neat. Although Symbi the monkey looks like Yappy from Pokemon ReBurst mixed with White, though. Besides that though, the character designs look really fun and unique...and nothing like Pokemon, imo, which is nice so it can separate itself from its big-brother franchise. Definately will buy this if it comes to the English EShop (I don't see anything keeping it at the moment, since it's not filled with vocal lyrics or anything) and I'd love to see it expanded into a retail game.

"Alerting all VOC@LOIDs." hopeandjoy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Holy crap, that looks like ton of fun.

...Though I can't deny when in the trailer the announcer said "left, jump, hit, hit" my brain immediately supplied "jump! jump! slide! slide!".

Jacen the Robot Floatzel Robo-Floatzel's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Robo-Floatzel On Twitter
    Visit Robo-Floatzel's Youtube Channel

While I love Pokemon as much as the person behind me does, it's nice to see Game Freak make something else every once in a while, after all, a game company can't live on one franchise alone.

As for the game itself, I'm not sure if I should get it if it comes out over in the US (especially since I'm not particularly good at "rhythm" type games), but being a Game Freak game, I'll be sure to give it a try...
    Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART
    SEA WEASELS: The group for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!
    My DA account

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

And then comes the negative backlash from the fans for not being Pokemon RSE remakes or Pokemon in general despite being the same fans who wanted them to create new franchises.
    Robo-Floatzel likes this.

is back for 2014 S.S. Shadow Minun's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow S.S. Shadow Minun On Twitter Add S.S. Shadow Minun on Facebook
    Visit S.S. Shadow Minun's Youtube Channel

The world in the HarmoKnight game is called "Harmonia", named after Natural Harmonia Gropius (or N if you prefer). The 3DS-only HarmoKnight might trigger Generation VI or RSE remakes to the Nintendo 3DS instead of regular DS (or DS lite, DSi, DSi XL).

Insert Witty Title Here Azure Butterfly's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I've been waiting for GF to make another Non-Pokemon game for years. :D

(Mr. Turner is a BAMF, just saying.)

Surprise! winstein's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I am definitely interested in this game. It's a music game that doesn't involve pressing keys like a piano keyboard, so I am up for it. Not that I am bad at this, it's just that I am not really good at those kind of rhythm games. It's interesting how every character has their own form of timing. That boy looks to be the easy direct hitting one, the lady is long-ranged and the big guy has two targets to hit I think. This game is also varied enough to come back for more, from the looks of it.

The most surprising thing has to be how Pokemon sites listed this game as news, just because GameFreak is in charge of it. If Drill Dozers received mention in Pokemon news in the past, I won't be surprised it happened. I suppose it's because Harmo-Knight has Pokemon songs, so it's worth mention in the first place.

By the way, this is all the more reason to respect James Turner.

Thanks for reading.
    “A single soul can uphold a standard far above the low threshold by which the world measures itself.”

Latest Review: Dark-type Award Ceremony
    Bonus articles: Mega Evolution Candidates (Part 7) -- Generation 6 Pokémon (07/12/2013)

Blog Entries

Follow Setra on Tumblr Visit Setra's Youtube Channel

The levels I've seen have Looked really cool. I'll buy it if it comes to the US.