Game Difficulty - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Game Difficulty

Humanity's Strongest Shiny Celebi's Avatar Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Follow Shiny Celebi On Twitter
    Follow Shiny Celebi on Tumblr

Default Re: Game Difficulty

I can't imagine not being able to save a game. I imagine if you couldn't, people would leave their consoles on all the time, which I don't know is good for them or not( I worry about leaving my Wii system on for too long) it's just such a convenient feature, because nobody can play all the time. Also about difficulty, I consider myself a very casual gamer, so games definately don't need to be hard to be enjoyable, it should be easy enough for everyone to be able to enjoy, I play Paper Mario 64 occasionally and it's not a hard game but some parts are a bit challenging, I enjoy that kind of game. If you want super hard games, buy those. If not, buy easy games, simple as that.

About modes, you should be able to play harder difficulty modes if you want, but it shouldn't be required.
    tumblr(not spoiler free)

First:

On a serious note, I don't think console games need arcade/Nintendo style difficulty. Many games these days don't have a proper difficulty curve, though. They end up being either not challenging enough or unfairly difficult.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

Yet another link regarding game difficulty. This time, it's from the Game Overthinker, which you guys don't want me to listen to in terms of the games and movies he talks about, countering Ubisoft's claim of the easy setting:

The Game OverThinker - Episode 75: "Easy Does It" | ScrewAttack.com

Moon Princess Kaori's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries

Follow Kaori on Tumblr

I think modes need tweaking. Easy is too easy, medium difficulties often have an inconsistent/scatty pattern of difficulty and hard settings are near-impossible sometimes (in my experience with the games I play, anyway). Games are made to be accessible and easy to dip into now, because that is how companies most often maximise profits - by making something inviting and easy to take up. I don't believe that games should, on average, be made more difficult simply because some people want a tougher challenge - if they want that, surely they should ask for better execution of harder difficulty settings rather than wanting their desired difficulty pushed on everybody else overall.
    Last edited by Kaori; 6th October 2012 at 08:30 AM.

[12:40:02 AM] Karamazov: I call Kaori the chick who could crush me under her tits

~ Proud Head of Entertainment, Inc.~

Blog Entries

I like my games not too difficult. Besides, a save feature is needed if a game will take more than a few hours to complete.

Happy Holidays! CrackFox's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

I definitely wouldn't say all video games were easy these days. It varies from game to game and I like that most games come with three ranks (amateur, normal, veteran) to suit the user, having a no save feature would be a nightmare. The new age is all about convenience, as it should be. It's true that new consoles don't have the same charm as the old ones but that's just because we grew up with them, in simpler times where they seemed more appealing because of the lack of entertainment mediums out then. Anyway, you can bet in 20 years time, people will be saying the PS10 doesn't have the same charm as the PS3.

THE WAR ROOM
    ~ The home of Mafia and Non-Mafia games.
    Art tumblr

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12