Alright, so I picked up a Game Boy Pocket at a garage sale some time ago, and it worked amazingly for about a year. Then, for about six months it required some kind of shock before it would accept new batteries- such as being tossed into the air and caught. After that time, however, it stopped working entirely- new batteries no longer worked.

I took it to a used video game store in the area, and my understanding of what one of the guys there told me was that that there was some kind of issue with whatever wire took power from the batteries- specifically that the glue that held the wire in place had crumbled, and the system could not be played on battery power. He sold me a plug for it, and it worked just fine.

However, as of late, I've been wanting to play on this thing again whenever my sister commandeers my Color, but I don't want to be restricted to hanging around electrical outlets. Does anyone know of a way that I can fix my Pocket? I would rather not buy a new one, but am I going to have to?

If you guys need to know anything else about this thing's condition, by all means, ask.