Fire Emblem: Awakening - Page 2

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Fire Emblem: Awakening

I! AM NOT! A MORON! Sith Droideka's Avatar

Default Re: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Well, Chrom/Sumia is the closest to "canon" of all the characters.

As for my current pairings (third playthrough, second hard mode):

Chrom/Olivia
    Freddy/Sumia
    Lon'Qu/Cordelia
    Kellam/Nowi
    Virion/Panne
    Henry/Lissa
    Libra/Maribelle
    Gaius/Sully
    Donnel/Tharja
    Ricken/Miriel
    Gregor/Cherche
    ALL Pokémon Are EQUAL, But SOME Pokémon Are MORE EQUAL Than Others

Oceania is at war with Eurasia Eastasia Eurasia Eastasia, and has always been at war with them!

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH. GOD IS POWER.

Next PolySci/Econ Test: November 8, 2016; Your crash-course will begin January 2013.

Galvantula ≥ Kyurem > Mewtwo > Arceus

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I hate FrederickxSumia. Mainly because I hate Sumia and love Frederick. Frederick deserves way better than her, imo. I also hate FrederickxLissa because it's just plain creepy to me. Lissa looks way too young for him. o_O

Ein
    Blog Entries

Follow Ein on Tumblr

Man I'm loving this game, it's also my first Fire Emblem game and I'm not disappointed. I haven't paired many units yet, in fact I've only paired Chrom/Sully together and I'm working on pairing my unit with Henry.

Although I'm not sure who to pair Lon'qu, Panne, Lissa, Virion, Gaius and Libra up with though...

And speaking of Henry, I just love that little nutter, nearly everything he says is solid gold. He's easily my favourite character by far. Does anyone else here love him as well? I could just gush about him all day. <3

Chrom: Where did all these Risen come from?
    Henry: Well when a mummy zombie and a daddy zombie love each other very much...
    Dolce likes this.
    White FC: Blair 4126 8383 6387

My claims: Joltik, Run Away, Snag Ball, Luck Incense, Shadow Rush.

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I got this game last week, and I've been loving it. After the very disappointing Shadow Dragon, I had feared they had loss the ability to make a great Fire Emblem game, but not only does it have all my favourite elements from each game, it's polished each of them to finest degree. There are so many great characters, but my favourites (That come to mind at the moment) are the Avatar, (Naturally) Chrom, Donnel, Henry, Nowi,
    Oh, and Kellam.

Though I do have two complaints. I first played through the game on Classic mode on Hard difficulty, which was just about the right difficulty, IMO, aside from the annoying reinforcements appearing at the end of the player's turn, giving you no time to prepare. It can turn the game into trial-and-error in certain places, which I don't think is right for a strategy game.

My other complaint? Lunatic difficulty is too hard! I'm playing through it on Newcomer mode now, and even though I'm enjoying it, it doesn't feel right. If I was playing it on Classic mode, I would have lost every single character by now. Frederick is a cool character and all, but having to complete rely on him for the early stages of the game goes against everything the other games taught me.
    Last edited by Bouffalant Herdier; 2nd May 2013 at 07:40 PM.

Who is this git?

Blog Entries

Follow kyogre545 on Tumblr Visit kyogre545's Youtube Channel

I don't like ChromxSumia. I married Chrom in my first file and Lon'qu in my second. I'm playing through my second file trying to max out everyone's stats and get really nice skills!
    3DS Friend Code: 1864-8930-3851
    Pearl FC: 4081 2837 4838
    Heart Gold FC: 3868 0274 5933
    Black FC: 4212 3297 8953
    Brawl FC: 2148 8194 5141

Join my clubs! They are:ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!
    Y team: Delphox Talonflame Florges Aurorus Furfrou Dragalge
    Friend Safari: Metang Klefki Ferroseed

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Oh wow, this thread's alive again! I don't like that pair much either. The pie thing is stupid, imo. But I won't complain about it's "canon-ness" if it means Female Avatar is free to have her Freddy Bear. ^^

Anyway, I got Severa most recently, after having finally gotten Stahl and Cordelia married. I've decided on all my pairings for the game too. My complete list:

FrederickxKelli (Avatar)
    ChromxOlivia
    DonnelxLissa
    StahlxCordelia
    Lon'quxCherche
    GaiusxMaribelle
    VaikexSully
    VirionxPanne
    GregorxTharja
    RickenxNowi
    KellamxMiriel
    HenryxSumia

GeromexLucina
    InigoxSevera
    MorganxNoire
    OwainxCynthia
    LaurentxKjelle
    YarnexNah

Yeah, so I'm leaving our priests Libra and Brady alone. I just don't feel like pairing them.

Silver Strategician LadyScathach's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FE13 is beautiful and by far my favorite game of the series. The games do best, in my opinion, when they put in a lot of attention to the supports, which were amazing in FE13. Though I'll admit the walking in on someone bathing kinda annoyed me after a while.

And because we're apparently posting our pairings. :3

For my first playthrough...

And then the mostly uninteresting file. Optimized for kickass StreetPass teams. lol

@Bouffalant Herdier; I have a few friends who love the FE series and had the brilliant idea to play the first game on Lunatic Classic because they wanted to prove their toughness. As of the end of the school year, the farthest they'd gotten was Chapter 10. I tried it to see what all the fuss is about and damn. I'm on Chapter 2 and have given up. lol The only way seems to be overuse Frederick and then grind like crazy once you've unlocked the option. And Frederick has terrible stat growths. Ah well, not everyone can be Seth. lol

Devil Lobster Man Ranger Jack Walker's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Visit Ranger Jack Walker's Youtube Channel

Fred's growths are pretty on par with everyone else. You probably just keep getting unlucky.

Add Kelleo on Facebook

Frederick is required for Lunatic mode, you know. Just ask people over at Serenes Forest forums. xP

Also, his growths aren't bad at all. They're near identical to Stahl's in fact. The only real difference is that Frederick has a guaranteed HP growth every level up and Stahl's defense is a tad higher. Frederick is a bit faster too, I think. Or maybe I just have a really speed-screwed Stahl (because he's a lot slower for me right now). But still, the two have VERY similar growths.

Frederick does take longer to level up than the others though, because of his early prepromote status. I hate when people complain about using the Jagens, there is absolutely nothing wrong with that! Sure, I don't really use Marcus in FE7, but I still use Seth, Titania, and of course Frederick in their respective games. And the recent Jagens have actually been pretty good units. Frederick's bases are crap, but that can be fixed with some Second Sealing and grinding. He's currently my strongest guy and even outdoes Chrom in a bunch of ways. I did use the Tear of Naga on him, but even without it, he'd still be a beast. You just gotta have a little patience, much like he does, actually.

I love Fire Emblem: Awakening. I played Radiant Dawn but I never got too far. I started playing it more a couple of months ago, but then I got Awakening. In FEA, I beat the main storyline and just need 2 more Paralogues. There's a ton of DLC left to buy. New Leaf has distracted me a little bit but I've played some FEA recently.

Blog Entries

Follow kyogre545 on Tumblr Visit kyogre545's Youtube Channel

What classes are your Avatars everyone? I'm thinking if I should get as many skills as I can and stay as a Grandmaster or get many skills and become a Dark Flier. With my first playthrough, I just wanted to play through the game and enjoy the music/story, but now with my second, I'm busy trying to find Second seals and good weapons! XD
    Last edited by kyogre545; 28th June 2013 at 06:17 PM.
    3DS Friend Code: 1864-8930-3851
    Pearl FC: 4081 2837 4838
    Heart Gold FC: 3868 0274 5933
    Black FC: 4212 3297 8953
    Brawl FC: 2148 8194 5141

Join my clubs! They are:ALL HAIL THE MAGIC CONCH, Swanna Fan Club, Sweets+Sugary things, W is for Wumbology, the Study of Wumbo!
    Y team: Delphox Talonflame Florges Aurorus Furfrou Dragalge
    Friend Safari: Metang Klefki Ferroseed

Well, I brought my Avatar through Grandmaster, Sage, and then Sorcerer. The Sorc is pretty good, and the skills you can get through those classes are pretty useful. My current skill set is Ignis, Rally Spectrum, Tomefaire, Vengeance, and Tomebreaker. With my current Skl stat, Ignis and Vengeance activate all the time.

Best squid ever Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

After going through different classes to get more skills, and I always bring them back to Grandmaster. I don't know why, but I don't feel comfortable if they're anything else, especially a non-magic using class.

Out of all the avatars I've created so far, my favourite is the second female one. (Her name is Clarissa) Her skills are Rally Spectrum, Ignis, Lucky Seven, Acrobat and Galeforce. I can't seem to resist soloing most battles with her.

Who is this git?

100% Tsundere BMGF Anime Master's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I found some FE:Awakening DLC is it worth buying?

Add Kelleo on Facebook

You just NOW figured out that Awakening has DLC? xP

But yes, some are worth getting. Lost Bloodlines 2 gives you access to the Dread Fighter class, Smash Brethren 2 gives you access to the Bride class, I know another DLC gives you access to the Paragon skill, and Rogues & Redeemers 3 gives you the Limit Breaker skill. Many of these maps also award you with a past FE major character if you clear them.

Champions of Yore 1 - Marth
    Champions of Yore 2 - Roy
    Champions of Yore 3 - Micaiah

Lost Bloodlines 1 - Seliph (I think? Either him or Leif)
    Lost Bloodlines 2 - Alm
    Lost Bloodlines 3 - Leif (again, either him or Seliph)

Smash Brethren 1 - Elincia
    Smash Brethren 2 - Eirika
    Smash Brethren 3 - Lyn

Rogues & Redeemers 1 - Ephraim
    Rogues & Redeemers 2 - Celica
    Rogues & Redeemers 3 - Ike

And this is just part of series 1. Series 2 has more maps, but mostly ones you do just for enjoyment and stuff. Three of them give you the Pegasus trio from Marth's titles, Est, Catria, and Palla, but I don't remember which. The hardest DLC map of all, Apotheosis, awards you with Katarina, another character from Marth's titles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast