Error Code 420 on AIM

Thread: Error Code 420 on AIM

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Error Code 420 on AIM

So I recently signed up for URPG and I wanted to get AIM so I could one, battle, two, chat with Pokémon nerds, and three, also chat with other friends of mine. However, when I went to the AIM site and hit "Sign Up" I got an error code 420 message. I've tried in Firefox, IE, and Safari. I've cleaned my computer of junk, cleared the cache, and have cleaned the registry and none of that has worked. The same Error Code 420 message pops up if I try to sign up. Anyone have any experience with this?

Default Re: Error Code 420 on AIM

Have you tried searching Google? I found this: AOL Error Code 420 That may help.
    Also, what exactly is a 420? Does it just say "420" or is there a message as well?

Blog Entries

If that doesn't work there are other, non-downloadable varients of AIM that work just as effectively. Meebo and AIM Express would be your best bet if you want to try them.

Has converted to Helixism Miles101's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It isn't the download but AOL itself that seems to be having connection problems. I tried that fix (I have CCleaner and fixed all registry errors).

Here's what the eror says:

Quote Originally Posted by AOL
    Whew!
    Thanks for putting 110% into signing up for AOL accounts.

Love your passion! We'd also love a quick break to process your requests. Take a breather. Maybe grab a bite? You may qualify for additional registrations in 24 hours.
    Error code 420