E3-2013

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: E3-2013

Painting the night sky... Neon Borealis's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Neon Borealis on Tumblr

Default E3-2013

note to mods: if you feel that this topic belongs on another discussion/thread/topic, feel free to remove it/fuse it/etc

Well, we are just 9 days away from the "biggest" videogame event of the year. Lots of buzz this time around in my opinion.

I'll personally be watching the Nintendo directs (and, if available, the pokémon one). And I'll be keeping up with the news.

How about you? What games or announcements are you expecting? What would you like to see?

Comment away.

Winner of: Professor Layton Mafia, Warrior Cats Mafia, Kid Icarus Mafia, Star Wars Mafia,Legendary pokémon mafia, Make a Mafia, Smash Bros Mafia, Phoenix wright: Justice for all mafia and Eeveelution mafia
    Other games won: Vigilantes, Trauma Center: Virus attack

Default Re: E3-2013

I thought the Pokemon conference was closed to the public, implying that we won't hear a thing about what when on until afterwards.

I'm nervous for Microsoft's conference. I'm not liking anything about the Xbox One except for the controller. I'm hoping that Microsoft reveals all these really negative rumors about the One to be false; and that the so-called "fifteen exclusives" aren't just Kinect exclusive or focused, or even a bunch of dumb sports games.

While I'm on the topic of consoles, I'm hoping for some more details on the PlayStation 4. Console design. Some clarification on some rumors, especially the ones that have sprouted up since the Xbox One reveal that haven't been responded to by Sony yet.

I'm hoping for a Halo 2 or Morrowind HD remake, though both are unlikely. There will more than likely be some more info on Destiny. Also, I'm hoping that Nordic Games GmbH announces that they've found a developer for Darksiders III, or maybe a Red Faction revival. Hopefully, EA will give some details on the Star Wars games DICE, Visceral, and Bioware are working on. DICE is most likely working on Battlefront III or a Battlefront-type game. Visceral has hopefully picked up 1313, The Force Unleashed III, or started on something exciting, like a Death Troopers-based game. Bioware is most likely working on Knights of the Old Republic III, or another RPG, preferably open-world. Working of future stuff for The Old Republic is a given.

Blog Entries

I'm only really looking forward to the PS4 coverage. We should finally get to see the console itself and hear more about it in detail. Hopefully they'll announce some new games but I doubt any big companies will release any for a while. Not while the getting is still good on the PS3. I'm never that interested in Nintendo news. I'd love a new Zelda and that's about all I can think of for that console.

A whole load of Hoopa Hyperion09's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Hyperion09 On Twitter
    Follow Hyperion09 on Tumblr Visit Hyperion09's Youtube Channel

ANYTHING TO DO WITH KINGDOM HEARTS III. Even if it's just "oh we've nearly finished Versus so production shouldn't be delayed for much longer". (I'm expecting 2.5 to be at TGS)

LiveJournal | Tumblr | Twitter | YouTube
    Quote Originally Posted by TheKingdomkid
    I thought air was free but they sell them in plastic bags and comes with a hand full of chips!!

What's this? Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I've been underwhelmed by E3 in recent years, but I'm very excited for it this time around. I have a feeling it will be the best one since E3 2006. Of course, being the big Nintendo fan that I am, that's probably because of all the games they've promised to show. I'm especially intrigued to hear more about Pokemon X and Y, Super Smash Bros. U and the next Mario 3D Platformer.

Aside from Nintendo's games, the only other thing I can think that I really, really want to see is Dead Rising 3, but there are probably some other games that I don't know I want yet being revealed.

Who is this git?

The 'fun' in 'no refund'! Theatricalis's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Follow Theatricalis On Twitter
    Follow Theatricalis on Tumblr Visit Theatricalis's Youtube Channel

I only care about Nintendo's news. I just don't like or care about Microsoft or Sony, nothing on any of their systems ever appeal to me. (I do have an old PS1 and some games for it, but that's beside the point.) The fact that it's all through Nintendo Direct bothers me, though - I don't have an internet connection that will actually allow me to watch videos, so I always feel like I'm out-of-the-loop with Nintendo news. I'm personally hoping for some news about the next Super Smash Bros. game, but I'm not really counting on it. I'm also dying to see/hear what comes from that Pokemon X and Y conference they're having.

Tumblr | Bucketlist | Listography | Deviantart | Fanfics
    Claims: Furret, Justified, Stardust, Darkrai Doll ♥

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Wonderful how E3 starts just after I'm finished with my exams, but before I start working this summer. Gonna stream dat shit.

For my part, I want some nice 3DS info. For starters, release date for EOIV over here would be nice. And of course, games. Games, games, games. Realistically though, I don't expect anything truly sensational for the 3DS (not that the lineup this year isn't good). Some localizations perhaps. Some new IP would be cool, though I wouldn't bet a lot of money on it. The Wii U will be more in focus anyways, but I don't really care about it.

I'm also planning to buy a Vita, so I would like more games for that as well. I have already lined up some games I plan on buying, but having a bigger library doesn't hurt. I'm planning to wait until after the Sony conference, just in case they announce a price drop or something.

I've been underwhelmed by E3 in recent years, but I'm very excited for it this time around
    They have been sorta lackluster (last year to name one), but this year is entering a new console war (then again, you could say it's started already), and they're going to be desperate to sell, so hopefully that will give us some action. Both Sony and Microsoft (I'd say Microsoft in particular, after their disastrous launch-event of the One, the PS4 was meh at best) needs to really showcase some games. Hopefully they will, because if they don't, they'll be the laughing stock of the entire gaming related internet, at least for the most part.

I thought the Pokemon conference was closed to the public, implying that we won't hear a thing about what when on until afterwards.
    I was under the impression people was going to live-blog from it or something. I'm not going to pay attention in any case, mostly because I'm going blind into the new games. Can't start reading on spoilers now, that would pretty much waste the effort from January.

Bioware is most likely working on Knights of the Old Republic III, or another RPG, preferably open-world
    Oh god, no. They have raped that franchise pretty good. Besides, if my memory serves me right, they pretty much stated that TOR was going to be KOTOR III, IV and V (possibly ad infinitum). Besides, I doubt present Bioware can into open world, nor do I think it would do the game much good, as open world =/= better game (at least, not necessarily).

Doubt anything good for PC will get shown/announced, but whatever. I already have a decent backlog there that I can play.

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    Bioware is most likely working on Knights of the Old Republic III, or another RPG, preferably open-world
    Oh god, no. They have raped that franchise pretty good. Besides, if my memory serves me right, they pretty much stated that TOR was going to be KOTOR III, IV and V (possibly ad infinitum). Besides, I doubt present Bioware can into open world, nor do I think it would do the game much good, as open world =/= better game (at least, not necessarily).
    Considering how only EA has been given free reign over future Star Wars games, and Bioware only makes RPGs, it's fair to assume they'll make KotOR III. TOR wasn't terrible, but it wasn't as great as the cinematic trailers were. I only say open world because I'd love to see an open world Star Wars game. It would give Bioware a chance to expand their horizons, even if they're a shadow of their former self thanks to Egotistical A**holes.

Blog Entries
    Follow H-con On Twitter Add H-con on Facebook Add H-con on Google+ Add H-con on MySpace
    Add H-con on Linkedin Follow H-con on Tumblr Follow H-con on Flickr Visit H-con's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Dread Advocate View Post
    Considering how only EA has been given free reign over future Star Wars games, and Bioware only makes RPGs, it's fair to assume they'll make KotOR III. TOR wasn't terrible, but it wasn't as great as the cinematic trailers were. I only say open world because I'd love to see an open world Star Wars game. It would give Bioware a chance to expand their horizons, even if they're a shadow of their former self thanks to Egotistical A**holes.
    While I'm fairly sure Bioware is working on some new Star Wars RPG, but I think (and certainly hope) that the old republic part is done. Done and buried, because after fucking over pretty much everything, there's really no worthwhile story to go on with. I think this is for the best, anyways. Besides, if they're going to focus on anything, it will be Dragon Age III. Now, I didn't play TOR, but I played DAII, and that was Buyers Remorse: The Game. It doesn't make it better that they're obviously rushing it to come in before The Witcher III.

In short, EA was pretty much the worst choice for developing Star Wars games. I really can't think of much worse choices available.

I'd rather have Obsidian, who actually managed to bring out an excellent Star Wars game, even though it was rushed. Speaking of which, I read sometime back something about them wanting/planning to make a new. I guess that's off the table now, but it would make for a nice surprise at E3.

Quote Originally Posted by H-con View Post
    While I'm fairly sure Bioware is working on some new Star Wars RPG, but I think (and certainly hope) that the old republic part is done. Done and buried, because after fucking over pretty much everything, there's really no worthwhile story to go on with. I think this is for the best, anyways. Besides, if they're going to focus on anything, it will be Dragon Age III. Now, I didn't play TOR, but I played DAII, and that was Buyers Remorse: The Game. It doesn't make it better that they're obviously rushing it to come in before The Witcher III.

In short, EA was pretty much the worst choice for developing Star Wars games. I really can't think of much worse choices available.

I'd rather have Obsidian, who actually managed to bring out an excellent Star Wars game, even though it was rushed. Speaking of which, I read sometime back something about them wanting/planning to make a new. I guess that's off the table now, but it would make for a nice surprise at E3.
    Actually, the ending for each class's story in TOR set up events for a whole new slew of stories set during that particular era of Star Wars. Not just expansions for the game, but other games, books, comics, maybe even some movies outside the new Sequel Trilogy. EA is more than likely forcing Bioware to get Dragon Age III out before The Witcher III. I would have preferred Ubisoft, or even Activision-Blizzard. But with Riccitiello gone, there's always a chance for things to get better, slim as they might be. Obsidion will only make one if EA allows it. I doubt they will unless they own Obsidion. They have been wanting to make another Star Wars game for a while.

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

I'm moderately concerned for Microsoft considering the entire web is treating the Xbox One as a joke.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

I really only care about Nintendo as well, as neither Microsoft or Sony have made much that appealed to me. I'm looking forward to lots of stuff in Ninty's Direct though! Mainly Smash Bros., Zelda, Mario, and hopefully Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem! Also Pokemon X and Y, of course.

Ike better still be playable in the new Smash Bros. I love him too much to let him go! He's the awesomest FE character ever! <3

Also, since this is the Year of Luigi, will we see more Luigi stuff? I hope for that too! I also love him!

Blog Entries

I don't think MS conference was bad, pretty standard for E3. the audio problems were funny though. They definitely have some exclusives that i'm interested in: Project Spark really caught my eye, as well as RYSE, and Sunset Overdrive looked interesting, a fun multiplayer game no doubt. But with all the limitations on the system and the 500 USD price tag, I won't be buying it this year.

maglev maglev's Avatar Moderator
    Blog Entries

The UK gets fucked with the price on the XBONE, $500 in the US, £430 over here, which is roughly $660. Jesus.

I'm most interested in the Sony conference, though I don't plan on buying a PS3 anytime soon.
    maglev is invisible

Blog Entries

Spark seems 'kay :D
    Too bad I won't get a One just for it.

Smash bros news can't come fast enough.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast