Electronic Entertainment Expo
I'm surprised I haven't seen a thread on this yet. The Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, is a live exposition held every year in June where staff from different gaming companies, like Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft, come together to announce and reveal new games, footage for upcoming games, release dates for games, and more. Sometimes new consoles are unveiled as well. Nintendo, Sony, and Microsoft do their expos on consecutive days, with Nintendo's usually being last (save the best for last, aye?). This expo has been done annually since the mid 90s or so, I believe.
This thread is to discuss what we would like to see at this year's E3 and our predictions for it, seeing as the expo is roughly a month away. I really only follow Nintendo, so I can only say anything for them. I have a feeling that this year, Nintendo could give us the best E3 we've seen in awhile because of all the potential games and stuff we could see. Here's what I would love from them, personally.
- Release date and new info/footage for Pokemon Black 2/White 2
- Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 (or Stadium 3, either title would be fine)
- Pokemon Snap 2 (if not for Wii U or 3DS)
- North American release date and footage for Fire Emblem: Awakening
- Release date and new footage for Luigi's Mansion 2
- Footage and title for Super Smash Bros. 3DS
- Return of Zelda: Four Swords DSi to the eShop
- Footage for upcoming Mario title
- Footage for upcoming Zelda title (one was announced for 3DS awhile back, but we know nothing except that it exists)
- Announcement of gen 6 Pokemon games (perhaps?)
- Pokemon Snap 2 (if not for Wii or Wii U)
- Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire remakes
- eShop stuff and other 3DS stuff
- Official release date and launch titles
- Footage for Super Smash Bros. 4
- New Fire Emblem title
- New Zelda title
- New Mario title
- New Pokemon title
- Pokemon Snap 2 (if not for Wii or 3DS)
- Information on console features and other stuff
And that's pretty much it for me, really. I know FE isn't shown at E3 often, but it has been before, so I'm not ever giving up hope of seeing it there again.
EDIT: I've found the schedule for this year! :D
Nintendo's will be on June 5th at 9AM while everyone else's is on the day before that at varying times. It doesn't say what timezone though. Odd...
EDIT2: A couple titles have been confirmed to make an appearance at Nintendo's E3. Here they are.
- New Mario game for Wii U
- Pikmin Wii U
It's also rumored that Smash Bros., F-Zero, and Star Fox will show up as well.