DS connectivity issues.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DS connectivity issues.

Doesn't like your writing Reyairia's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default DS connectivity issues.

Ok I have some issues. My parents (stupidly) cut one of the wires that my router used. Ok fine, we got some comcast guy to fix it and whatever, but he also changed the router and got us a new one. Changed the password, and he got to my laptop and made it so that it connected to the internet. I didn't see him enter a new WEP key, just went to properties somewhere and entered the new password.
    Anyway, internet works fine on all the laptops, and does so wirelessly.
    But now my DS can't connect, so I can't access the GTS or trade with people anymore. So I go to the nintendo wifi connection setup, search for an access point - it finds my router - enter the wep key, and when it does a connectivity test, it tells me it can't connect. The error is 51301

I tried accessing the router, cause a friend's dad told me to do so (and so did support.nintendo), but the connection just resets even though my internet is being really fast. He gave up after that.

EDIT: Ok, I called comcast and they sent me to the netgear guys
    the netgear chick showed me how to access the router, but told me that it was a problem with nintendo.
    I check, and yes, evidentally the problem is that the guy changed it to WPA, which is incompatible with Nintendo who only works with WEP.
    So I go to support.nintendo and they tell me that, and how to change it to wep.
    I successfully change it to WEP, and use the key to connect on my laptop (I connected to the router via my mom's). It works fine.

I try to use the wep new one on my DS and... still doesn't work.

OK, so it might be the firewall. I disable it.
    Still doesn't work.

WHAT THE FUUUUUCK

EDIT2: I tried changing the channel to 1, but all it does is make the internet die for a few seconds. I'll try changing it to 11 tomorrow because if I do it again now I'm just gonna get killed.
    Last edited by Reyairia; 30th July 2010 at 01:16 AM.

FC: 4684 8353 4304

Blog Entries

Default Re: DS connectivity issues.

From Nintendo's support site:

Error Code: 51301
    Our experience has shown that this error message is typically caused by WEP Key issues. Please read the following information:

• Check Nintendo's router info for special notes, if available, for your router.
      1. Click here (lol) to go to our Wireless Router Configuration page.
      2. Use the drop-down box on the left to select, if available, your router manufacturer.
      3. Click on your router's model number, if available.
      4. Read any "special notes" at the top of the router's page. Many issues can be solved by changing settings described in the "special notes."

• Are you using WEP security on your router?
      1. Log into the router using the default IP (consult your router's manual for assistance)
      2. If you are using 64-bit encryption, the WEP Key must be a 10-character key consisting of numbers or letters A through F.
      3. The WEP key is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly as it appears.
      4. If you are using 128-bit encryption, the WEP Key must be a 26-character key consisting of numbers or letters A through F.
      5. The WEP Key must be a Hexadecimal (1-9, A-F, no other special characters or letters).
      6. Verify they are using the WEP Key in the first (#1) slot. Even though your router may have multiple slots, the Nintendo DS is only compatible with the WEP Key in slot #1.

• Check to see if your router is using MAC filtering.
      1. Log into the router using the default IP.
      2. Find the section for MAC Filtering (typically under "Security").
      3. If MAC Filtering is on ("enabled"), enter the Nintendo DS’s MAC address to the list of approved MAC address. For info on locating the DS’s MAC address, click here (lol).

For instructions on how to find the MAC address for Nintendo DSi or Nintendo DSi XL, click here (lol).

(For assistance with locating the MAC Filtering section of your router's setup tool, please consult the router's manual or contact the manufacturer.)

• When using connection files 1,2, or 3 on any Nintendo DS system:Check to see if your router is set to "g only" mode. In order to work with the Nintendo DS, the router must be set to "mixed" or "b and g".

Blog Entries

Ok I have some issues. My parents (stupidly) cut one of the wires that my router used.
    That is so stupidly impressive, I'm not even going to ask.

But now my DS can't connect, so I can't access the GTS or trade with people anymore. So I go to the nintendo wifi connection setup, search for an access point - it finds my router - enter the wep key, and when it does a connectivity test, it tells me it can't connect. The error is 51301
    You can find out your WEP in a quicker, easier way,. Go to start, run, ipconfig/all. It will tell you your WEP key there. If it has changed, it will also most certainly be there. Alternatively, if it doesn't match the one on your IP address homepage, try both.

EDIT: Ok, I called comcast and they sent me to the netgear guys
    the netgear chick showed me how to access the router, but told me that it was a problem with nintendo.
    I highly doubt that, actually. The Wi-Fi system is at worst, flawless and can work with next to any router or connection.

Still doesn't work.
    It's more than probably. AVG has a habit of getting in the way sometimes. If you have multiple firewalls, try switching them on and off (and turning others off and on) to see if anything changes.

WHAT THE FUUUUUCK
    Yes, thank you.

Blog Entries

I do know my wep, and when I try to put it in my DS it doesn't work once it comes to testing the connection. The odd thing is that it does let me have it (instead of saying it's invalid), but once it comes to testing the connection there's no bars and just tells me there's no connection, even though it detected the router when it came to find it.

Blog Entries

Then, I'd have to say that you have inserted something ELSE other than your WEP in incorrectly, given that there are no direct sigs pointing to it being the WEP. It just simply says that there's no connection - it doesn't say that your WEP is invalid, so you have no connection. I don't know what to suggest, but given that you're banned, I don't think there's many more options for you.

Blog Entries

Temp ban, actually.
    I'm not sure what could be wrong, it detected the router with green bars.

Blog Entries

If it's detected it, it probably isn't your WEP.

Blog Entries

Yeah, but I have no idea what else it could be.

Blog Entries

Yeah WEP is always an annoying thing when on Wi Fi

Blog Entries

Alright, so how far do you get?

You click the woman and connect to Wi-Fi and it says; you are unable to connect? Or do you not even get that far? Is there an error code?

Blog Entries

It's not about the woman. When I go the main menu, before you select your game, On Nintendo wi-fi connection settings. I search for an access point, and mine pops up with all green bars. I enter the WEP key, then it says that connection settings have been saved and to start a connection test. It tests the connection, but there's red bars and "Unable to connect to an access point."
    Last edited by Reyairia; 9th August 2010 at 05:43 PM.

Blog Entries

That sounds as if your access point is being blocked rather than not working altogether.

Still doesn't work.
    Which firewall was disabled?

Blog Entries

The SPI one.

Blog Entries

Stateful packet inspection's shouldn't really have an issue with Nintendo, tbh.

I'm not sure which OS you're on. Have you tried turning off the default Windows one and reconnecting?
    Last edited by Luxio; 10th August 2010 at 10:59 AM.

Blog Entries

We have 3 different OSs: The home laptop is my mom's with Vista, my own is Windows 7, while my sister's and my old laptop are XP. We haven't changed OS in any of them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast