Do you like Facebook?

View Poll Results: Do you like Facebook?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • I love it!

7 12.73%
  • It's meh

19 34.55%
  • I hate it

12 21.82%
  • I don't care

17 30.91%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Do you like Facebook?

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Ferbgor On Twitter Add Ferbgor on Facebook

Default Do you like Facebook?

I've noticed that quite of number of users aren't fond of it.

Personally, I use it mostly to talk to IRL friends. I don't even know who half my friends are.

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries
    Follow Baron Brixius On Twitter

Default Re: Do you like Facebook?

Meh, I don't. There's nothing exceptional about it. Most people who registered on Facebook have an account on other social sites.

It's 'been there done that'. It's dated and not cool anymore. The fad is dying.

I much prefer talking to my RL friends on Skype than anywhere else.

P.S. I hope it suffers MySpace's fate. :3
    Last edited by Baron Brixius; 5th May 2012 at 05:31 PM.

Blog Entries

While I realize that Facebook can be useful for talking with people you know in real life, especially those who live far away, I don't care for it at all. I just think it's very overrated, and I hate that when I made an account I was spammed with friend requests from my dad, aunt, and so on. It also greatly contributes to the problem of people spending too much time on the internet (which I admit I do, but not because of Facebook).

On the internet, I would much rather be making friends then talking with people I already know. I find forums to be the best place to make friends, as I just prefer them. And if you join a forum about something you really like, then everyone else on there is pretty much guaranteed to like it too, which is nice.

I think my hate of Facebook is a little unjust, but I don't care, I just hate it. I don't have a problem with people who like Facebook a lot, obviously, it's just a frickin site.

Blog Entries

Follow Jaden on Tumblr Visit Jaden's Youtube Channel

It's okay. I check it once in a while to see how my relatives overseas are doing and that's about it. Honestly, I don't see why it's so popular; as Neo said, it's overrated.

This thread reminds me of something I read in TIME magazine-

What would the world be like without Facebook?
    Cold, dark and empty.
    srsly bro. Just. No.

Blog Entries

Follow Fennel on Tumblr

I use it regularly. I don't love it or hate it. It's just a site.

mostly just a recluse
    Blog Entries

i use it to keep up with possible school-related events/updates on there that i may forget, talk to a friend or two whom i haven't seen in a while, and plan stuff with a friend of mine.

i got one in december 2010 but only recently started using it. maybe it's the novelty value and i'll grow bored of it, but i like it! i only add people who i really know, though, and honestly i wouldn't suggest otherwise.

Follow Momoka on Tumblr

I don't use it. And I don't care for it either.

all my life I've tried to hide what history has given me

A Liver Made Fullmetal Misato Katsuragi's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Follow Misato Katsuragi on Tumblr

I used to spend a ton of time on it, playing games and stuff.
    Now I mostly use it just to keep in touch with people.

Hi, I'm Rose. I love music, alcohol, pointless Internet debates and being a snob about my choices in entertainment. I write a lot. You can read some of my writing at Autostraddle.com, the best site for LBTQ women on the Internet, where I am a staff writer. Or the funhouse that is my tumblr. I also write music sometimes, and post the better fruits of my labors on my SoundCloud.

I don't love it... I wouldn't say it's "meh" (especially considering I never use the word "meh")... I don't have a vendetta against it or anything... and it's not that I don't care. So I can't really vote.

I'd say I like it. I use it, not excessively though (at one point I did). It's useful for talking to people, although that could simply be handled with e-mails. The advantage of Facebook is more like making a statement... when you post something you aren't just posting to that person... you're pretty much posting it for everyone to see (and in a way, bragging about it).
    Games on Facebook are great in the sense of being able to unite a massive amount of users very easily (considering Facebook has a massive amount of users to connect to). The games themselves aren't usually all that great though...
    There are several features that would make Facebook much better than it currently is... this is the main reason why I prefer deviantART (although I still use Facebook, since very few people that I know in person even know what deviatART is).

MySpace was cool... I blame Facebook for killing it :(
    I loved how you could edit the HTML / CSS to personalize your page... a feature that Facebook has never allowed. It did have its downsides (people would make really tacky or illegible pages, as well as some people using bad code which actually froze the page) but it was so much cooler than Facebook's default (unchangeable) layout.

I don't like Facebook's new timeline feature... they should at least put in the option to view pages in wall-mode. I mean, it's already coded... how much work is it to make a small button on the top of the page saying "Wall layout" and when you click it it re-formats the page?!

I've never used it and I've never cared to.

Blog Entries

I don't see the point of making an account there.
    I have phone numbers of all people who are important to me, so I just call them if I want to talk to them. There are a few people from my school days who I could talk to via facebook, but most of the talk would be superficial small talk anyway.

I don't wanna play those lame games there either since I have multiple consoles in my appartment, neither do I feel the need to "like" every stupid comment or product out there in the world. I don't even get why it isn't possible to 'dislike' something on facebook. Happy-go-lucky grinface-network makes for a better marketing atmosphere I think.

At last I'm not the person who hands my life on a silver platter to others.

Maybe I am too old and grumpy. I don't get those fancy smartphones with all those useful features either.
    Grave-E likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    I don't see the point of making an account there.
    I have phone numbers of all people who are important to me, so I just call them if I want to talk to them. There are a few people from my school days who I could talk to via facebook, but most of the talk would be superficial small talk anyway.
    The one advantage that Facebook has over simply calling someone is that it has pages / groups, where you can discuss just about anything. Quite pointless considering you can just join a message board for the same thing, but useful since there is so much that you can access from a single Facebook account.

I don't wanna play those lame games there either since I have multiple consoles in my appartment, neither do I feel the need to "like" every stupid comment or product out there in the world. I don't even get why it isn't possible to 'dislike' something on facebook. Happy-go-lucky grinface-network makes for a better marketing atmosphere I think.
    Liking posts... yeah, I typically don't. Unless it's really something I like or find amusing... pretty much the same thing with the Like button on this message board.
    You're right about the Disliking (it would ruin the atmosphere because you'd get idiots or trolls or just people being jerks Disliking everything you say)... I don't see that as a bad thing though (even if it is purely out of marketting reasons... no one wants to use a site where people are constantly saying everything that they post sucks). Even if that feature was included, people are just going to ignore it anyway... so why include a useless feature? Plus, they probably have to not include it on principle... if they make one then people will start complaining that there's no "Love" button or "I don't care" button... people are just going to keep complaining about any little )and probably useless) feature that could be added.

Maybe I am too old and grumpy. I don't get those fancy smartphones with all those useful features either.
    Yeah, me either. I get a phone to... make phone calls. And occassionally text. Not to play games, or listen to music, or to use as an instant messaging service, or to browse the web, or take photographs / video, or do anything else. iPhones are a different story, as they are basically iPods with phone capabilities so it's nice to be able to use it for music and games... but I still prefer a computer for that stuff.

Yes, I am THAT gli. :P Gligar13's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I only use it for an IM client, all my feed consists of is image macros.....wait isn't that what Skype is for?
    dA::YT::furaffinity::Yes, I DID claim Gligar.

What's this? Bouffalant Herdier's Avatar Forum Head
    Blog Entries
    Follow Bouffalant Herdier On Twitter
    Visit Bouffalant Herdier's Youtube Channel

I don't care for it. I joined up to talk to my relatives more often, but I quickly found out I feel awkward talking to anyone on there, nor can I think of any topics for discussion.

Who is this git?

Video Games Modegator GatoRage's Avatar Moderator
    Trophies
    Blog Entries

Follow GatoRage on Tumblr

I personally like it a lot. It's a great, quick, easy way to talk to my friends.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast