Could there be a problem with my Zelda: A Link to the Past/Four Swords game?

Thread: Could there be a problem with my Zelda: A Link to the Past/Four Swords game?

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Could there be a problem with my Zelda: A Link to the Past/Four Swords game?

So, I have the GBA version of Zelda: A Link to the Past, which also includes Four Swords. But I'm worried that there might be a problem with it.

See, I was battling Agahnim in Hyrule Castle, and every time he attacked me, his pixels changed to weird colors. But it only happened when he'd attack, not when he'd teleport to a different spot in the room. This is the first time I've seen such a glitch happen. So far, this is the only weird thing going on with my game, but I'm wondering if it could indicate a problem with the gamepak that might eventually ruin it.

I like the GBA version of ALttP way better than the original version, so I'd hate for my copy to get messed up. :(

Default Re: Could there be a problem with my Zelda: A Link to the Past/Four Swords game?

Sounds like there is a problem (I have the game and I'm pretty sure I fought Agahnim and I don't remember any pixel-changing on my game). But as for what you can do, I have no suggestions, sorry. I'd say either continue with the game and hope it was a one-time thing, or, (especially since Agahnim is towards the beginning of the game as far as I rememeber) if you have the oney you could buy a different copy and just start over.
    Also, it's possible the cartidge is dirty because that can cause graphical problems... but I doubt it since I'd think it would cause more problems than just one boss using a specific attack.
    The only other thing I can think of is maybe it's supposed to do that? I'm not familiar with that boss (as I've only fought him once and it wa long ago), but I do know that certain bosses do flash different colours when damaged / when using certain attacks / etc.

Add Kelleo on Facebook
    Visit Kelleo's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Could there be a problem with my Zelda: A Link to the Past/Four Swords game?

Oh, I know that that color changing thing isn't supposed to happen, cause I know it never happened when I battled Agahnim in the original version of the game, nor did it happen the last time I fought Agahnim in the GBA version (I've had multiple files, cause I could never finish the last dungeon).

But hopefully my game will still work for awhile, since this is the only issue I've ever had. Thanks for your input.