Connecting DS to my Wi-Fi

Thread: Connecting DS to my Wi-Fi

Registered User Anubis_Ravenheart's Avatar

Default Connecting DS to my Wi-Fi

Our main Wi-Fi security is WPA, however, we have a Guest Wi-Fi that I thought I could use to connect my DS. However, it's not working and I think it's because it's one of those ones where you have to open a web browser and type in a password to use. Is there ANY way I can connect my DS to the internet with this guest Wi-Fi?
    Thanks to Zaph from Half-Light Studios for the Avatar.[/I]

Also a member of the MTGSalvation Forums

Blog Entries

Follow Shinobu on Tumblr

Default Re: Connecting DS to my Wi-Fi

Is this guest connection based off of the same router that your main one is, or is it hosted by some one else? If it's hosted by some one else and is secure, you will need to know the password for it (when you try to connect the DS will prompt you for the password). If it's hosted on your router, then it has WPA.

You could turn off the security on your router and use MAC filtering (I do this specifically because of my DS). You would have to submit all the MAC addresses (aka physical address) of the computers and gaming systems on to your wireless networks access list. This is a pretty unorthodox (and not recommended) way of keeping a closed network, but it's passable for a simple home network.

Registered User Anubis_Ravenheart's Avatar

Eh, I read a little more on the web page and about my router and, for now, I've pretty much decided against doing anything. I would consider doing what you're doing Yunabomb if I didn't still live with my mom, who would probably object to this idea.

I think you can switch it over to WEP, so maybe I'll try this in the future.

Thanks!
    Thanks to Zaph from Half-Light Studios for the Avatar.[/I]

Also a member of the MTGSalvation Forums

追放されたバカ
    Blog Entries

If you magically have the Nintendo DS Internet Browser, then yes.